Where are you going to be this winter? | Squat the Planet

Where are you going to be this winter?

hcstnfrd

Reaction score
Hey, first post! Been lurking for a while and finally signed up.

Anyways, where would you go or prefer to go to beat the cold? I absolutely dread winter, and want to avoid having to deal with it this year. Mild winters are okay, but I'm anemic, haha. Thanks for your input!

-Holden

seasonchange

Reaction score
i'm anemic too, which is why i moved away from michigan last year (the cold up north is too brutal). settled down in texas for a while, but i'm thinking arizona/new mexico this winter, perhaps?

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in New England for part of the winter, then headin down south. On a school bus, then on the rails maybe. I like to mix it up. hahaha. End goal; Nola for Mardi Gras.

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hah, ohio for me as well!
I might go crazy and end up leaving again, as usual, before accomplishing anything. but man, fuck the south! I'm so sick of florida, texas, AZ, louisiana, etc...swamps and desert...yuck.
It's getting dangerously close to being too cold to take the high line west (I have a dog, and she's a wuss about extreme temperatures, also I have pretty crappy gear right now). It's already like lows in the 30's here in ohio.

anyways

Reaction score
I'm in MA right now.... gonna start heading south in a week or so... Might end up in Florida ... Missouri .... Louisiana.... Not sure. Probably just bounce around the southern states till it's warm again

streetlight

Reaction score
Fuck, i think that is the one of the biggest things i dislike about living in canada. I can't escape the cold! Although Van city is pretty decent in the winter, it's no southern united states.

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ditching winter here in MPLS.
I'm leaving on the 11th and going on tour with the Skuds down to Georgia. Making my way to NOLA for Halloween, heading to ATX for awhile, then making my way up the coast to Seattle. If any opportunities arise for me to get across the giant pond I will most definitely take it in a second.

Cade

Reaction score
Slab City
Yea will be there for a little while this comming November or December. Then going to Nor cal then east to Kansas and then the east coast in the spring.

seasonchange

Reaction score
manda: hit me up when you're in atx! i should be headed there after halloween, and can put you in touch with some good folks.

arice: wish i could deal with the cold! i wish the northeast was warmer this time of year. a good friend of mine just moved to vt from south carolina and she's begging me to head that way. what time does the snow melt around those parts? april or so? a bit later?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads