2016 Jamboree - Volunteers needed to help run Jambo! | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Volunteers needed to help run Jambo!

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalachitheGreat

yea bro I plan on making an apperance and can show up early&stay late if need be and ill do whatever that needs done or nobody wants to do

Lulu1980

Reaction score
So where do I sign up for balloon twisting skills i offer?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1463134749933.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463134749933.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 376

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: Lulu1980

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: VtJake
D

deleted user

You know ill help with this that and the other thing. Could use help keeping an eye on the anarchistra, wouldn't want some dirty dog dropping a patch core in a beer or something. ::grumpy::

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Heyyo!! Im definitely down to help out. I work as a chef so i can help with food stuff. Im also willing to help with clean up as well as set up

nice! glad to hear it! we could definitely use a few folks that know how to cook!

Reactions: Bastian

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Bit early but it looks like I might be making my way there this time! I'm excited. Going to meet up with a traveler who is at my house now -who is taking off next week for north then he's hitching his way out to the slabs in time for party so I will meet up with him.

But if I do, and I should get there, I'm good for kitchen/cooking - have worked restaurant/cooking/catering for a number of years so no problem :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Kal

Reaction score
Will be headed your way as soon as I see the Niagara Falls. I will probably be there early like the last year. When I get there I am all yours

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to break the kitchen into 2 parts, possibly 3, given the number of people who will be there.

1) main kitchen, dedicated to cooking main meals only. No dish washing, & only utilized for the divisions of food into veg, GF & omni, & possibly pork/shellfish free if anyone is more comfortable that way.

Cooking itself is activity intensive & requires room.

2) Dish washing station. separate area near kitchen, not underfoot, lots of boric acid & citrus based insect control. Pots, pans & main dishware. the kitchen will have its own sinks for utensils.

3) snack table.. dry stuff & consumables.. fruits. veggies, chips, snacks

each will need a garbage can or a few 30 gallon contractor waste bags.

there will be a choice of (preferably UNCOATED) paper plates & bamboo chopsticks, if recyclable ones are not around, or getting a shitload of thrift store utensils.. so long as the utensils are straight, *used* stainless steel, they are not hard impact. avoid thrift store utensils with plastic/phenolic handles, unless intending to permanently keep & not burn.

wood or wood handles are fine.

anyways..

tomorrow i am going to try & light the fire under the soup i hope i can cook there..

Need to hit up C & C & Matt..

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Cornelius Vango , I'll be Available for whatever you guys might need, just like last year.

I'm also gonna try to show up a bit early, and bring various supplies.

I'm gonna start working on gathering said supplies as soon as I'm done helping my brother and his GF sort out some legal shit.

::eyepatch::

Reactions: Matt Derrick
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads