Veganism and what it can mean for you!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if you go back to being non vegan after being vegan than you were never truly vegan. Veganism is a lifestyle.

So.. then can we say the same about homelessness?

"If you go back to being housed up after being homeless, then you were never truly homeless. Homelessness is a lifestyle."

Does that even make sense? I'm pretty sure if you give a person one night in a house who's been homeless for several years, before sending them right back out on the street again.. they're still homeless as fuck. I think you're taking this way too far, like a lot of vegans do tbh. What if I go from vegan to non-vegan back to vegan again and I'm vegan for say 38 years solid? Can I call myself a vegan then? Or since I had the little slip up in the middle there and I was never truly vegan because of that.. then there's no way one can ever be vegan? What are you even talking about bro, this shit is bananas.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
i think going vegan and eating out of dumpsters is totally easy- in SOME locations. I am doing this in eugene, oregon. i do not think for a SECOND that i would be able to to this everywhere. being vegan and without money means you'd have to be stealing or you got SOME money or something, ESPECIALLY down south or east, or in rual areas
I have nothing against taking from a corporation.

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
also saying veganism with save the world is just wrong. vegan capitalism is still shit. if this is how the usa worked, i would still be hoping the system got smashed for obvious reasons. going freegan+vegan when you can is coooool.
I agree with you absolutely. I am Anarchist and even if every corporation switched to vegan product, they would still be corporations. I would not endorse a forced vegan world. I would do my part in spreading awareness but that is as much as I can do.

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
So.. then can we say the same about homelessness?

"If you go back to being housed up after being homeless, then you were never truly homeless. Homelessness is a lifestyle."

Does that even make sense? I'm pretty sure if you give a person one night in a house who's been homeless for several years, before sending them right back out on the street again.. they're still homeless as fuck. I think you're taking this way too far, like a lot of vegans do tbh. What if I go from vegan to non-vegan back to vegan again and I'm vegan for say 38 years solid? Can I call myself a vegan then? Or since I had the little slip up in the middle there and I was never truly vegan because of that.. then there's no way one can ever be vegan? What are you even talking about bro, this shit is bananas.
I understand your confusion. What I am saying is once you develop the Empathy necessary to embrace Veganism there can be no going back unless you never actually developed the Empathy. "Vegans" who leave veganism likely became vegan for health reasons and not Ethical/Spiritual/Empathic reasons. The homelessness example is not comparable to this.

Reactions: Sameer

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
I appreciate all of your attention.
just posted up on the gas thread..

i'm a prick, buddy, and god knows why they fucking tolerate me, here..
but i hope if you are trying to do good, that you are either absolutely right, or that you manage to find the balance between the theoretical and the practical that is going to give you the kind of power you actually hope you may bring towards the world..

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com

but i hope if you are trying to do good, that you are either absolutely right, or that you manage to find the balance between the theoretical and the practical that is going to give you the kind of power you actually hope you may bring towards the world..
Thank you for the encouragement. I only seek Truth and if I am not perfect now then I will be. Of course though this is only spoken metaphorically. Perfection is a matter of Realization not a goal to strive for. All is well!

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
I have nothing against taking from a corporation.

neither do i, however i don't think i would expect anyone to do this, going to jail sucks for everyone. shop lifting is not extremely sustainable. i will be vegan myself as long as i possibly can

if you haven't already, read the book evasion

Reactions: Spirit Freeman

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com

It has been a seriously long and painful journey. Too much time in prison at such a young age. I became so introspective as a result and now I am my own God. My Will is absolutely unstoppable and I will fight for what's right no matter the cost.

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
neither do i, however i don't think i would expect anyone to do this, going to jail sucks for everyone. shop lifting is not extremely sustainable. i will be vegan myself as long as i possibly can

if you haven't already, read the book evasion
To be absolutely honest I "shoplift" quite frequently. Retail theft is so minor and there is no time behind it for petty stuff. I almost only shoplift food. Sometimes I may grab a hygiene item or something. I have absolutely no fear of jail And I am absolutely confident in my ability. Fuck the Corporations.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
now we are fucking talking..
i dunno about the self-deification stuff, but.. i get ya..

we all have a right to love & power, as they come to us..

good luck, & glad you're hammering..

S

smkstcklghtng

you calling yourself an animal rights activist is disrespectful to folks sitting in jail right now for actually doing shit. abstaining from something is not activism.

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
and if you were actually doing shit you'd still be an idiot for bragging about it online.
You are quite critical of me, but let me respond.

I do not simply "abstain". I do protests/disruptions, I pass out pamphlets and also verbally spread Awareness, I write and perform music pertaining to the topic, and I do not fear saying anything online because everything of mine is Anonymous.

I do not use my birth name anywhere. On and off the digital world. I also do not post pictures of my face. I feel quite secure online and even if I didn't, I still wouldn't fear anything because jail does not scare me, especially if I were to be jailed for righteous reasons. I am a Powerful Being. Not because of who I am as an individual or "Ego" personality, but because I am a human being who has realized Divine Potential within.

Any of us can do ANYTHING if we simply believe in ourselves. This is the exact thing that the controllers in this world do not want us to Know. Once we understand our True Nature then we will be uncontrollable.

I have spent the last 6 years studying the many Spiritual Paths and meditating and have come to the One. The source of which all paths have there being. I apologise for how cryptic this sounds. I have yet to learn how to fully verbalise what I know.

Anyway, Activism is my life.

Reactions: THE REAL SCAVENGER

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
To be absolutely honest I "shoplift" quite frequently. Retail theft is so minor and there is no time behind it for petty stuff. I almost only shoplift food. Sometimes I may grab a hygiene item or something. I have absolutely no fear of jail And I am absolutely confident in my ability. Fuck the Corporations.

that's super cool, and quite honestly i kind of wish i could say i did the same. i don't, mostly because i am scared, and i really don't have to do it. i used to be more ballsy back a few years ago. u sound like a cool cat, keep it up, i guess.

Sameer

Reaction score

It's been a week since I have been able to check on this thread. Your statement is absolutely profound. Finding balance is the key. I think we have power when we believe we are doing the absolute right action, I think that's what gives us inner peace. Power within the world is possibly an illusion. These kinds of issues are a matter of individual choice with no right or wrong.
The Lord of Love Krishna said, All the animals are my children.

Sameer

Reaction score
The idea that we are victims of governments, corporations, political systems, and economies is a cop out.!
The ultimate law of the universe is Cause and Effect. Your past and present circumstances is determined by every decision you have made at every fork in the road. To think less would be an illusion. We pay the price for every action we take on the planet both positive and negative and must accept individual responsibility for our present circumstances. Victim mentality is not healthy. If we think about this deeply, we can look within ourselves and take responsibility for our current circumstances. Living in a conversion van for the past 6 years and looking back I can see all the decisions I have personally made that brought me to the current circumstances I am in today. Without judgement... Every negative decision or action creates a negative result.
Live in the world as you please, but accept responsibility for whatever circumstances you are in or have been in as a result of your own actions.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
The idea that we are victims of governments, corporations, political systems, and economies is a cop out.!
The ultimate law of the universe is Cause and Effect. Your past and present circumstances is determined by every decision you have made at every fork in the road. To think less would be an illusion. We pay the price for every action we take on the planet both positive and negative and must accept individual responsibility for our present circumstances. Victim mentality is not healthy. If we think about this deeply, we can look within ourselves and take responsibility for our current circumstances. Living in a conversion van for the past 6 years and looking back I can see all the decisions I have personally made that brought me to the current circumstances I am in today. Without judgement... Every negative decision or action creates a negative result.
Live in the world as you please, but accept responsibility for whatever circumstances you are in or have been in as a result of your own actions.
Yea just like people forced into slavery its all their fault they're slaves isn't it?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads