treehouse squat in bc anyone?

ayron

Reaction score
fuck the city lets start somthing in the bush, im in the vic/van area and open to move but as far as weather goes in canada bc's got it the best. somwhere out in nowhere but still within reasonable distance to do raids n shit on a city. permaculture, treehouses, hunting, fishing perhaps, all out people, growin bud n mush, brewin drink, makin a new language even at some point, fuckin new alphabet n stuff. im dead serious, is anyone else?

ayron

Reaction score
sweet, im gonna be scouting some shit out when it gets warmer, im thinking, a) squamish area b) mid Vancouver island area c) an island, hornby or texada or something. does anyone else have some ideas?

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
I've heard texada may be good for this. A friend of mine found some documents related to claiming crownland, I'll find and post 'em.
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96245_01

http://www.al.gov.bc.ca/clad/Documents/LPSB/Policies/residential.pdf

http://www.bigbarge.com/marinas_complete_application.pdf

http://www.archipelago.ca/posting.aspx?ID=d0968c07-231a-4604-b420-a3d5e269c1df

Alot to read, but it's very much worth your while.

We're going on an expedition to find land to begin the project this summer, I'll let everyone on here know how it goes because it'll certainly be an open thing where those who want to help can come stay and work for as long as they'd like. We're essentially trying to start such a community so we can emancipate ourselves and anyone interested from the confines and chains of the ridiculous society and culture our species has damned itself to..

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
We're going on an expedition to find land to begin the project this summer, I'll let everyone on here know how it goes because it'll certainly be an open thing where those who want to help can come stay and work for as long as they'd like. We're essentially trying to start such a community so we can emancipate ourselves and anyone interested from the confines and chains of the ridiculous society and culture our species has damned itself to..

This is what I live for, I'll be up there for sure this summer, is it ok with you if I bring a video-camera to document this foray into forging a community for ourselves?

ayron

Reaction score
muahaha my/our plan is going perfectly! does anyone have any more thoughts on the location? texada seems to be a good spot for sure, its as far north as hornby, but much much bigger, so any towns/ grocerystores on the island could be either be "raidable" and or got good dumpsters...plus its an island.

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
MunicipalWaylan, initially it'll just be her and I going up the coast in her boat, taking kayaks into inlets and such near the top of vancouver island (and around texada and the sunshine coast as well). She's the one orchestrating the initial search, I'm mainly helping out due to interest and experience in farming, so my main role will come later on in the whole project. I'll talk to her, I'm sure we'll need some extra folks to help out if we take the search into the interior, which I think will happen. Keep me posted on what you're doing and I'll keep you posted on what we're up to. I guarantee we'll be able to meet up and collaborate or at least chill out in some prestine forest in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Texada is nice, a great mountain island sticking straight ot of the straight. There are only two grocery stores, dumpsterings are pretty much gone before they even get there. There is a good music festival there, on Shingle beach most summers (wasn't last year..BOOOO!). I went a few years ago, and stayed for clean up. I had a dozen or so garbage bags of liquor empties strapped to my rusty car on the way out, many folks sneering as they try to act way too cool for that. There is a good number of good folks there, but they can be a bit snobby, and pretentiously cliquey. I have no time for that fucking shit. The drugs are good, the booze expensive to buy...so make a still, bring some bees for mead...and grow yer herb and shrooms, salvia clippings are easy to get. No doubt you can count on me to help out, a worthy endevour!

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
They had a place like this in Tofino. we checked it out last summer. It was a huge, 30 acre property owned by this guy who's a huge hippy. There were people that had their own huts, some places made of tarps and beachwood. Other people had busses that had been there so long they'd sunk into the ground. There were two huge awesome treeforts and a half house at the end of the property. There was a bunch of food being grown on the land, people growin weed, everyone was friendly and high all the time. it was kind of creepy. I think it was a commune. Stay'd there for a night or two but there was a weird vibe about that place. Ended up just crashing on the beach for the rest of the trip.
My advice about the west coast is WEAR WOOL!! Cotton absorbs all the moisture and stays wet. I had a ton of layers but they were all cotton and I was cold and damp for most of the trip.
Heard it got shut down though.

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
Oh. Might I add I might be interested in partaking in your idea. I love growing my own food and setting up camp. Also helps that I'm already pretty much sitting next to Texada island. Lemme know if this goes through, I'll meet up in Vic!

Nelco

Reaction score
fuck the city lets start somthing in the bush, im in the vic/van area and open to move but as far as weather goes in canada bc's got it the best. somwhere out in nowhere but still within reasonable distance to do raids n shit on a city. permaculture, treehouses, hunting, fishing perhaps, all out people, growin bud n mush, brewin drink, makin a new language even at some point, fuckin new alphabet n stuff. im dead serious, is anyone else?

This is the kinda stuff I'm about..but I already got myself all knocked up, so I sealed my fate. Theres a tree house commune in Chattanooga, Tn..somewhere by hamilton place.

ayron

Reaction score
yeah cardbordbox, pools land...mike pools was the "huge hippy"...its more a of a hippy dictatership from what i was told be the people stayin there when i poped my head in, and more so from my own expericae with the guy..but lets not get into that ;)

im envisioning somthing just like pools land, but more compact and more communal.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
you need zip lines and such from treehouse to treehouse.

Reactions: TheLoneRat

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
Agreed on the poolsland shit, I stayed there for a few days in september. Mike was out of town coincidentally, but from the sounds of things it is a bit of a dictatorship. I respect what he's trying to do though, he really is working hard to establish a sustainable permaculture society type thing. Their doing okay at it considering he's trying to organize a bunch of surf bums and hippies that go there to (it seemed like) escape working for the most part. It was a neat place, but yeah; wierd vibes. I left after 2 days because it was just strange and didn't seem too great for long term living.

And they sucked at the farming aspect of it all, their crops were total shyte while I was there, and the place was comprised mainly of half built projects and incomplete landscaping schemes. Just needs some more time and some more dedication from it's residents and poolsland could be amazing though.

And yes! Huge thumbs up to ziplines. And slides. And crazy bridges to each treehouse like the ewoks got in the third starwars movie (sixth? whatever)

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
Pools land! Yea that was it. It's too bad, I heard the guy ended up getting a lot of fines and had to 'close down' a lot of what he was doing. A little more organization and a few less acid induced 60's hippies living in busses and we might be able to make something of this plan. Don't forget rope swings! Ayron, is your picture taken in Tofino? I think I recognize that beach...

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
Yeah, he got caught growing cash crops and got huge fines and shit. So now for money he charges people ten bucks a day plus a few hours of work a day to stay there or some shit like that.
You down to help out cardboardbox? This could just end up epic!

We'll make it a regular neverland paradise. Like those crazy treehouses in the peterpan with robin williams, I always thoguht that shit was awesome.

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
You bet, I'll give it a shot as long as no one cares that I'm flailing and getting distracted by beautiful sceneries along the way.

Medusa

Reaction score
Yeah, he got caught growing cash crops and got huge fines and shit. So now for money he charges people ten bucks a day plus a few hours of work a day to stay there or some shit like that.
You down to help out cardboardbox? This could just end up epic!

We'll make it a regular neverland paradise. Like those crazy treehouses in the peterpan with robin williams, I always thoguht that shit was awesome.

BANGARANG!!!!

This sounds splendid! If I'm ever in Canada, I'm down to help with this.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads