Travelers in the Wrong; My rant on selfish arrogant dirty kids | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Travelers in the Wrong; My rant on selfish arrogant dirty kids

christa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
oogles aint got shit on me

stupid people are everywhere, not gonna stop me from doing what i wanna do. Trains and booze might come from capitalism but if it wasn't them it sure as hell would be something else from some other crazy conformist system and bet your ass i would be taking full advantage of that as well. Yes I hate oogles, but I think you should be able to make some money playing guitar and its sad that that is not looked at as being self sufficient. I'm also from PDX and know full well what your talking about with the oogle situation, but they're just a nuisance worse are jocks beating up homeless guys in that park they're actually doing something seriously fucked up. I don't think oogles give me a bad name as a traveler because anyone that meets me will automatically recognize that I'm an intelligent well traveled being and anyone who doesn't can immediately begin to suck it!

Reactions: Mankini
P

Pheonix

wow.. I read this is a great post. my philosophy has always been I'll treat you with respect when I don't know you but as I get to know you I can tell if you deserve respect or not and will treat you accordingly. I've dealt with many of these idiots and from time to time I've been known to be a stupid idiot myself. but for the most part I've treated people with respect and because of that I've usually been respected by others even cops.
back in my playground all the cops knew me and knew that I was the respectable one so they would talk to me but what they were really doing was trying to pump me for info and I knew this and respectfully never gave them the info they were looking for. one time one of these idiots seen my talking to the cops and the cops not do anything to me so he started calling my a narc and started ranting and raving about how fucked up the cops are so I told him "well the cops are still here their looking for minors cause it's after curfew why don't you go give them a piece of your mind and tell them to leave the minors alone" and the drunken idiot did just that. so I watched this play out and the cop was calm and let him speak his mind. while he was bitching at the cop he flicked his cig butt on the ground the cops eyes followed the butt to the ground then back to him and continued to let him rant and rave until his partner came out of the coffee shop and looked at the kid and asked his partner "who's this?" and his partner replied "ohh just some idiot that wants to spend the night in jail for littering his cig butt"

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
MY RANT: I respect your opinions but disagree with your beliefs ..... I say fuck rich scum money bags all the time because most of those fucks got handed a full house to play with... there parents spoiled them and put them in college and put them in the possition where anyone would want to hire them.... I don't choose not to fit into society ive tried my ass off to fit in because i was so sick of being shit on but as much as i tried to stay clean get a job and fit in i always found myself sleeping in my friends backyard trying to weasel the last drop out of the bottle thinking about how some day i want to go to an indoor mall and shoot up all the ungrateful bastards who can afford luxury items..... and yuppies don't pay for everything theres such things called supermarket scams, dumpster diving.... vending machine rippoffs newspaper rippoffs. the list goes on..... your argument seems very biest and i have no idea why you would want to defend the gifted the nurtured the spoiled the fucking fucks that tell you to get a job and the reason your out on the streets again is because you've filled out a million application but they only want spoiled greedy rich kids.... i get no money out of rich kids.... the most i get from spanging is from lower middle class kids who have a heart.... who i feel guilty spanging from them because i know they don't have much.... I've been in a ghetto rigged boat since i can remember and i don't see a lot of others happily jumpin aboard... so i feel amazingly entitled to cuss out a rich bastard for not sparing some table scraps that he's probably gunna let waste away and then throw away because thats what glutens do.... and by all this i'm not saying im better or worse than any given person im just pointing out that there is an opposition and i'll speak out for it and hopefully ive struck up some insight.... also my rage in writing this post isn't directed towards you it just really pisses me off thinking about kids like that

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini and Nelco

Jimmy

Reaction score
I think the older guys have more respect than a lot of the younger kids I have traveled with. I was talking with this old school ftra guy the other day in needles and we had a long discussion about how a lot of the young kids just don't respect shit and its sad to see the traveler scene get like this. Its one thing to kick someones ass if they really deserve it, its another thing to beat the shit out of some yuppie because they gave you shit about getting a job while you were spanging. Its this kind of shit that pisses me off!

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
MY RANT: I respect your opinions but disagree with your beliefs ..... I say fuck rich scum money bags all the time because most of those fucks got handed a full house to play with... there parents spoiled them and put them in college and put them in the possition where anyone would want to hire them.... I don't choose not to fit into society ive tried my ass off to fit in because i was so sick of being shit on but as much as i tried to stay clean get a job and fit in i always found myself sleeping in my friends backyard trying to weasel the last drop out of the bottle thinking about how some day i want to go to an indoor mall and shoot up all the ungrateful bastards who can afford luxury items..... and yuppies don't pay for everything theres such things called supermarket scams, dumpster diving.... vending machine rippoffs newspaper rippoffs. the list goes on..... your argument seems very biest and i have no idea why you would want to defend the gifted the nurtured the spoiled the fucking fucks that tell you to get a job and the reason your out on the streets again is because you've filled out a million application but they only want spoiled greedy rich kids.... i get no money out of rich kids.... the most i get from spanging is from lower middle class kids who have a heart.... who i feel guilty spanging from them because i know they don't have much.... I've been in a ghetto rigged boat since i can remember and i don't see a lot of others happily jumpin aboard... so i feel amazingly entitled to cuss out a rich bastard for not sparing some table scraps that he's probably gunna let waste away and then throw away because thats what glutens do.... and by all this i'm not saying im better or worse than any given person im just pointing out that there is an opposition and i'll speak out for it and hopefully ive struck up some insight.... also my rage in writing this post isn't directed towards you it just really pisses me off thinking about kids like that

Well, I have friends that grew up in the ghetto, to alcoholic/junkie/tweaker/etc parents, in all around horrible situations, and they've managed to work hard enough to actually have some standard of living now. And I have friends who were handed everything and have pissed it all away and are now living on the streets. I think its irresponsible to typecast people based on their family's financial situation.

In my limited time on this Earth, I've learned that people my age are all the same. Whether it's rich kids who spend $300+ on alcohol for one night of partying at their parent's beach house, or it's a bunch of dirty kids hovering around a bottle of whisky or a space bag underneath a bridge somewhere. There are the people who laugh and have a good time. The people who want to start problems. The people who feel entitled to attention. Hearing a rich kid talk about how fast his BMW goes is about the same to me as listening to a dirty kid talk about how he's been riding trains for 15+ years and is a "professional hobo".

It all traces back to the whole sense of entitlement or privilege which I think is brought about by delusions of equality.

Reactions: Mankini and turnip

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
It's there gultenous acts that truly piss me of.... they way they piss there money away and are so filled with greed..... I run on my own spanging philosophy.... if you have the money share it because you never know when you wont and you'll need it..... any time i've had enough money and someone was pan handling (especially if im a housie at the time or have and under the table job) I always give what i can because i know ill be in the same situation.... and thats what i don't get how greedy the people are who have loads of cash and how generous people with nothing are

stanktank

Reaction score
sorry for the noobishness here, but what exactly is an oogle? a poser? a yuppie trying to be crusty? a weekend warrior? I mean would you call a guy getting into the travel scene an oogle just cause he was inexperienced? or is an oogle just a kid that's a cockhead in general? i'd kinda like to get a good definition before i cast my judgement.

thenomad

Reaction score
Yesterday, I saw a hitchhiker getting dropped off, being given $20 by his driver (a hardcore christian), then taking it, saying "fuck god" (attacking the guys religion), and walking away.

I bet that good, charitable man, won't be picking up anyone else for a while. I'm not religious (and don't really like what the church has done, and is still doing, to people), but that guy was giving him a free ride AND money to help him along his way. The next time I go hitchhiking, I will thank my driver profusely.

I agree with you 99% Ravie (the last 1% is probably because I'm opposed to the materialism in the United States and all the waste and pollution from large corporations), but otherwise, excellent rant!

Reactions: Mankini and axolotl

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Yesterday, I saw a hitchhiker getting dropped off, being given $20 by his driver (a hardcore christian), then taking it, saying "fuck god" (attacking the guys religion), and walking away.

I bet that good, charitable man, won't be picking up anyone else for a while. I'm not religious (and don't really like what the church has done, and is still doing, to people), but that guy was giving him a free ride AND money to help him along his way. The next time I go hitchhiking, I will thank my driver profusely.

And that is exactly the kind of shit that ruins it for everyone

graven

Reaction score
MY RANT: I respect your opinions but disagree with your beliefs ..... I say fuck rich scum money bags all the time because most of those fucks got handed a full house to play with... there parents spoiled them and put them in college and put them in the possition where anyone would want to hire them....

I gave up traveling and freedom to go to tech school. I got a government loan with no help from my parents, and I'm working a full time job to pay it back. I don't in the slightest feel that you are entitled to any of my money or hospitality. If I am able to, and if I feel like it, I'll help you folks. If I don't help you and you decide to vandalize my car, threaten my dog or harass me (yes, my "friends" did this to me, it's why I mostly shun you people now) I'm that much more inclined to ignore all of you.

Reactions: siid

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Before I start I want to state, not all travelers/squatters are like this, Ive just seen more and more kids throw away their values and respect while their traveling(most of this comes from drugs and booze) and end up just saying "fuck it, i dont care, lets get drunk." And then there's the political activists who think they know the world's corruption and decide to fight society and everything that keeps them alive. one word; retarded.

I would also like to add that all my facts may not be solid, but if you get the general idea then that is the point. If someone wants to argue with me about government or how theyre not like that, keep it to yourself.

It's all about perspective:

I hear kids complaining about people judging them by their appearence and calling them drunk useless leaches, but street kids do the exact same thing by judging them and calling them brainwashed money hungry yuppies. Its not us and them, we're all people, we all have rapists, assholes, drunks, ignorants, intelligents, addicts, and good people in any kind of classification of people. housie, yuppie, homebum, traveler, hippie, whatever. We're all the same we're just into different clothes, drugs, and ways to survive.

Anti-society Mentality: I dont like how things are run either, but stop spewing word vomit about how brainwashed and heartless people who have jobs and homes are because they didnt give you a 10 dallar bill for your next space bag. You need to respect and be greatful for what people give you and shut your mouth when they dont want to pay for your next pack of smokes. Being a disrespectful fuck makes us ALL look bad and the nice people helping you out will stop giving if they think they just got swindled.

yes, the human race(including you) DOES need eachother. It's our nature, our instincts to take care of eachother. Unless you live in the wilderness in a tree alone and eating animals you killed with a stick sharpened from a rock and your sober, you rely on society. No matter how much you talk about revolution, anarchy, taking down govornment, how fucked up people who dont help you out are, being different, living under the radar, or how much smarter you think you are than the rest of the world, your still not actually EARNING your own money, your sitting on your ass playing a guitar or just lazily asking for someone elses money for nothing in return, so show some damn respect when someone would rather pay their meter than give some smelly drunk guy a dallar and remember to show thanks and respect to good people. your still relying on that "stupid yuppie" to give you:

-money to get you booze, food and smokes
-fund your new pack and sleeping bag after yours got stolen
-to waste or give away the rest of their their $10 meal so you can eat something other than the ramen you got from the food bank wich society and working citizens(those damn yuppie fucks) pay for also...

and society even pays for your:

-trains(without supply/demand there's no need for trains.)
-bridges you sleep under(matinence and those guys hired to clean up dirty rigs(never nice waking up with one next to your face), your leftover broken 40 bottles(which fuck up dogs feet by the way assholes), human shit left by homebums and that one guy who had whiskey shits, shopping carts, and fix the fences you used wire cutters on because you say its stupid to put fences up to keep homeless out of a dry area(hey guess what? those fences being there also keeps police cruisers out)
-food banks(wich even though its free ive heard many people get pissed off at the cheapness/freshness of the food and make volunteers not want to help out young travelers)
-homeless youth centers and homeless shelters(yeah those cool places with showers, toilets, clothes, condoms, information and programs to get you on your feet, hang out area, food, and sometimes beds meant just for you is paid for by those yuppie fucks paying taxes on their "useless crap" and donating.)
-free vet care so your road kittie/dog/rat/monkey/whatever is healthy, happy, and well fed
-Foster Care and CPS so there's not unwanted lost kids left somewhere or waiting in a shithole(because your fighting the system by not getting a job) waiting for their drunk selfish parents to remember they have a kid who needs them and come home instead of being self centered about their "freedom of being on the road" and running off and hopping a train whenever a problem arises leaving the kid with "anyone"(even people you think you can trust may be a fucked up individual) who will "deal" with him/her. So the kid just waits his/her whole life in hopes their mom or dad will find them and things can be explained about why they were left them at "unkle joes house" who turned out to have a thing for little kids and why the kid had to learn to survive on the street at 12 years old because he/she got fed up with getting beat and used by whoever decided to take them in. (but that wont happen because the bottle in your hand makes that thought fade and everything okay right?) just to add: just because you were treated like shit when you were a kid is no excuse to fuck over your own kids.

"Fuck the government we dont need em!": yeah our government is full of lies, conspiracy, and scandal but smoking a bunch of pot and doing acid while holding a picket sign isnt going to change that. Nothing will realy. want to know why the people dont revolt? we're spoiled as fuck as americans and most of the population is busy making a living so a quarter of their their pay checks can go to your SSI check you get every month even though you arent disabled...thats not scamming the government that just makes you a professional mooch. Government is not independently wealthy, thats not Obama's pocket cash, they take it from the people. and that money does eventually run out. It's estimated to run out in the next 10 years because so many people claim to be disabled when the worst mental ailment they have is lazy-fuck-syndrome.

*immediate emergency care and free health insurence when you make little to no money is required to give in America...pretty neat because there are countries that exist that dont give you medical attention(even near death) unless you have the money(or a chicken in some cases) to pay before hand.

For homeless most of this is free and if not we dont pay for it anyway(but doctors, nurses, ambulances, and medical equiptment still cost money...taxes once again pay your bills) you dont need societies' bullshit medical care eh? you can take care of yourself with tea tree oil, a needle, and dentle floss? well for those times when you eat your words and something real happens to you, working class citizen's taxes will also pay for when you:

-overdose off drugs that you paid for with their money you spanged earlier
-get pnemonia during winter
-almost die from alcohal poisoning
-free abortion when you get pregnant by a one night stand or rape and you know you cant handle having a kid or adopting it out
-free birth control for your girlfriend so your not a runaway daddy before your time
-dont change your socks for so long your feet(the only thing a traveler realy NEEDS) start dicentigrating or gets badly infected(because its "cool" to be a walking sespool these days right?)
-Free medication for scabies, infections, viruses, pain, allergies, asthma, insulin, oxycotin, and that herpies-a-way cream, HIV treatment pills, and the cymidia injection you now need after many drunken thoughtless one night stands
-break a bone or lose a limb from hopping freight, they'll seal it up, drug you up, and hand you a plastic replacement limb
-get your face stomped in simply because someone didnt like the way you looked at them
-even when you try to kill yourself they'll revive you and find you some help

Now i'm not saying "get a job ya bum!" i'm just saying that you give what you get and dont fuck it up for everyone else by being an asshole.

remember, im not saying everyone is like this i'm just ranting because the past 2 years ive been noticing these bullshit ideals and actions double. Question things and listen to your concience but realize a big reason for this rant is about disrespectful douchebags complaining about how fucked up the world is then turning around and making it even worse by fucking over or hurting everyone they come in contact with. why? because they justify hurting people because people have hurt them. Sounds like pretty fucking stupid logic huh?
damn straight. the revolution of the people will be full of all walks of life. including "normal" society. but before any of that, we and i mean all of us are going to have to get off our respected asses and actually revolt. like you said, holding signs and screaming only makes arrest money for the machine. fucking burn that shit down and rebuild in our image.

and on another topic. be dirty if you want, be clean if you want, but do it because you want to , not because its how you think you are suppose to look.

Reactions: pir8 qu33n

siid

Reaction score
I gave up traveling and freedom to go to tech school. I got a government loan with no help from my parents, and I'm working a full time job to pay it back. I don't in the slightest feel that you are entitled to any of my money or hospitality. If I am able to, and if I feel like it, I'll help you folks. If I don't help you and you decide to vandalize my car, threaten my dog or harass me (yes, my "friends" did this to me, it's why I mostly shun you people now) I'm that much more inclined to ignore all of you.

My sentiments exactly.

I've been on both ends as the panhandler and the passer-by, and empathize with both situations, but, as someone else previously stated, a lot of kids are def getting used to the hospitality, free hand outs, as if it's owed to them, being spoon-fed and "spoiled"...welcome to your own little parallel universe where you are no different from the spoiled "yuppies" that stick their nose up at you when they walk past you.

We all come from different walks of life; it aint fair to assume nothin bout nobody else, cuz we wouldn't want it done to us. If someone else treats you with hatred, discrimination and anger, let it go. Don't spew it back into society. If they want to be filled with bitterness, that's their business, don't let it enfulg you :)

Mei

Reaction score
It's interesting, there was another thread about people who travel the way "we" do and how people who travel in a different way think we're crazy and that we should be getting jobs and saving up to be able to travel.
The basic sentiment that many thought contributed to that idea was "I spent a lot of money, that means you should, too".
However, entitled, disrespectful kids aren't any better. It's the same core sentiment, "I did it this way, if you don't do it this way that means you're an asshole and I hate you"

bryanpaul

Reaction score
wow....i remember this thread....but damn.... that gal about sums it up.... i've been a peice of shit out on the road... but i never "expected" people to pay me for it....and always felt a lil guilty, and very thankful when people did help me out

Reactions: pir8 qu33n

3rdEyeVision

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
This is an interesting and insightful thread. I guess it all just depends on how you grew up. To an extent, we are all products of our environments. Some people just don't have respect and although I haven't gone out there travelling yet, I still see it whether it's a wealthy punk ass spoiled kid or someone that doesn't have a lot of money. So that right there shows it really doesn't matter about monetary value when it comes to respecting people. I'm sure I will be running into some of these types on the road that are a drag in regards to having no respect for any human being but I can't change these people whether I give them an ass kicking in words or physically (although I am not the kind of person to jump to violence like that definitely juvenile shit unless just simply defending myself). I won't even put up with it, just move on. It's all just a unique learning process for everyone out there and you gotta go through what you gotta go through to learn the lesson I guess. I don't hate anybody, but generally I can agree with the anger many feel towards rich people. I live in a middle to low-middle class area of IL, but if I drive about 45 minutes away from here, I'm in an VERY rich part of IL and it does piss me off seeing all of the people keeping their money and driving around in their expensive ass cars. At the same time, it makes me feel good that I know inside what truly matters but I don't view them as anything less than me. It DOES remind me though that the people even richer than them, these elites running this place, could feed the entire fucking world with the money they have. The sports players, the actors, the corporate big wigs...you know what I'm talking about. They have multi-million dollar paychecks, some even in the billions. They only want more, and less for everybody else. And we will never understand why, but it certainly isn't right that this inequality exists. They can get out of almost any situation by paying it off or simply because of their social status. Of course that shit is enough to piss anyone off! So no, I wouldn't talk to a rich person or a hardcore christian or whatever like a piece of shit because I have respect for human beings, simply on human to human level. But I'm just saying I understand why some people get pissed off by it, and there's just good and bad ways to handle it. But if I did see a Rothschild or a Rockefeller, I think I'd give 'em an earful :)

• Sad

ancienttoes

Reaction score
i think there is a lot of ways doing things like this is a compromise. like saying there's trains carrying products so i can't say anything about the plunder of the planet by capitalism. i don't agree with trains like what the railroad did to native americans and how hard they worked the tracklayers. even travel itself could be said to be a response to all the boundaries placed on people in any area of capitalist occupied zones. the existence of such a system creates animosity and identities and relationships based on it instead of a more free association. as for spanging, doing nothing for money is better than the extractive and waste that comes with any work for it. and not creating profit and creating more poverty. not having money would be better. i do agree that there's no need to get mad at people if they don't give you money. a lot of times that money was obtained doing horrible monotonous wage slavery. or maybe this is the ideal setup for some. if the world wasn't so homogenized by capitalism though, there wouldn't be so much of a desire to be free from any location and explore the world looking for something because we would already have it.

Reactions: Blacknose

Traveler

Reaction score
I stopped reading at "keep it to yourself". You might have made some good points in your post but that statement is incredibly hypocritical.

amandanotsuitcase

Reaction score
Word, Ravie... fuckin word !
Oh... can you also PLEASE tell me where to find this "herpes-a-way" cream of which you speak ?:p
As an old fart, I can tell you we were bitching about the same behaviors (though not as well spoken as you) before there was in internet to use as a bitching forum. Dumbfucks are always gonna be dumbfucks. It makes me love the awesome people even more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads