traveler"ghost stories"

oldmanLee

Reaction score
We've all heard them,the stories about the fabled tough neighborhood/town where no-one has anything but trouble,or the locals will bust your head,or the cops will roll up on you.My fav has always been about Oregon Hill here in RVA.Everything from a Klan outpost to a secret Weatherman cell to the haunted cemetary.As anyone can tell you,nowadays the worst that you reallly have to watch out for is gouging landlords and the encraochment of Virginia Commonwealth University.It's changed a lot since the Cowboy Junkies wrote the song.
So,what is your favorite "ghost story" neighborhood?

hassysmacker

Reaction score
I'll have to post more about ghost stories specifically in a little bit, but if those are the rumors about Oregon Hill, they must've been from the old days! THe only thing I was scared of were annoying "brodude" college students!

Reactions: oldmanLee

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
Heh... i like the fact about these "stories" etc... than you are at that particular place it can start raining shit on your head or so, but if you try showing it to your friends, nothing wrong will happen

cricketonthemove

Reaction score
Wawa, Ontario. I think pretty much anyone who's hitched in Ontario (or jsut Canada) has heard of that place. There's old stories and what not about people getting stuck there for days/weeks. one guy supposedly hung out at a diner waiting for a ride for so ong that he wound up marrying the waitress and never left. I've also heard that there's another guy (possibly the one that married the waitress) that'll give you some help if you need it. I've never had trouble trying to get out of Wawa but I still usually try to skip on past it.

bote

Reaction score
I´ve heard a few going through Wawa...
supposedly some locals murdered a hitchhiker there about 10 years ago, stopped for him and then dropped him headfirst off a bridge.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads