2015 Jamboree - StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree; Slab City, CA - Oct 1st-4th 2015 | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2015 Jamboree StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree; Slab City, CA - Oct 1st-4th 2015

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2015 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPedestrians

Reaction score
Definitely considering it. I never been and gotta get there before some force of government fucks it all up.
I want to mail myself The Wheel of Time series (Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson). All the books, because they should have them. Fucking awesome series.

Reactions: Odin

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Definitely considering it. I never been and gotta get there before some force of government fucks it all up.
I want to mail myself The Wheel of Time series (Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson). All the books, because they should have them. Fucking awesome series.

if you want to mail ahead books, i can get the library's po box.

@landpirate my friend sydney is probably flying into LA for the gathering and the two of us are going to the punk fest afterwards. i'll let you know when she locks down specifics, she might be able to bring you out to the slabs.

Reactions: landpirate

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, so here's a little update. @wheelingsteel has offered to come out to the jambo and show off their 16 minute short film Riding the Highline:

Riding the Highline Poster Site 6.jpg

If you didn't see the trailer already in this post, check it out below:

Speaking of films, we now have a space to show off some for the jamboree, so if you have anything that would be a good fit, let me know!

Attachments

• RidingtheHighlinePressRelease.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 392

HajTMo

Reaction score
A girl I met at a backyard punk show a few weeks ago told me about this website and I've been wanting to find a community like this for years now. So excited to have found it! I'd really like to come to this thing so I think I'm gonna start planning on it! Hope to meet a lot of awesome people there!

Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
A girl I met at a backyard punk show a few weeks ago told me about this website and I've been wanting to find a community like this for years now. So excited to have found it! I'd really like to come to this thing so I think I'm gonna start planning on it! Hope to meet a lot of awesome people there!

I seriously think this is going be be way bigger and more awesome than any of our previous meet ups. I'm sure you'll be able to find a ride out, there's some StP peeps on here from your town...

Durp

Reaction score
All you mofos are making it really hard for me to stay away! If you see some weirdo in the shadows lurkin say howdy! I typically avoid crowds of more than 5, but this seems like it is going to be a hell of a party!

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
@landpirate my friend sydney is probably flying into LA for the gathering and the two of us are going to the punk fest afterwards. i'll let you know when she locks down specifics, she might be able to bring you out to the slabs.

Yeah that would be great thanks Matt. I'll do the same when my I've booked my ticket.

I have an idea for a film to show. My friend filmed and directed a documentary called "Grasp the Nettle" its about land activists in london as they create the Kew Bridge Eco Village and also Occupy Parliament Square. Its available on Vimeo but I have a copy downloaded that I can bring with me. No idea if this is the sort of thing you're after so I will not be offended if it isn't shown. :)

Reactions: Odin

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Awright - tentatively tossing my hat in --- Just looking at logistics for NY to LA and then on ... and save like mad - promised a couple others a southern visit in Oct, will put that off to the end of Oct/early Nov. Logistics logistics. :D But it will be fun!

SpaceDirt

Reaction score
Even though I'm going back to school in Portland.. I have decided I am just going to have to miss a few days of it for this! So I'll be driving from the Portland area if anyone wants a ride

Reactions: Mankini

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
OMG - this is sounding like Honky Tonk Freeway movie - people coming from all over -and landing in one spot. I'm psyched!!!

btw - here's the trailer for HTF - Jessica Tandy, RIP I love her. And I love her afternoon cocktails. It's an awesome movie.

All Hail STP Jamboree!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
I might actually make this. My girlfriend has wanted to see Mount Savation for years and says it's the number one place she wants to go on earth. Definitely sounds like a cool fest.

I never rode down there, but I remember sitting under a bridge with a gang of cool ass hobos in Colton one time, and they kept joking about hopping out and ending up in el centro. So I think you might be able to hop there? Never done it myself but that might be a possibility.

Psylock1045

Reaction score
Thinking seriously about attending. I'll be on the west coast starting in september, so I may make my way down there.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I so, so wish I could be there. Y'all get together and make a "Hey, Andy, wish you were here," video for me.

Think of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hobo Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads