St. Augustine, FL | Squat the Planet

St. Augustine, FL

mountainlaurel

Reaction score
never been to florida, a friend of mine is in St. Augustine and i'm thinkin about visiting him, then living on the beach till Warm. Anybody know about this city; surrounding cities; florida in general? lots of kids go down to Gainsville, i've heard. all info helps, thanks!

marc

Reaction score
are you in florida veggieguy? im in pensacola right now and im heading to gainesville the day after christmas then ft myers for new years

Rise 609

Reaction score
Damn I just headed out of Pensacola on friday, Im in NOLA now. Planning on heading out soon as I can find a ride to Baton Rouge with 2 people and a dog. The military yard just seem to hot here right now. If anyone has any useful info please send me a pm.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
I'll be in orlando on january 6
i found a flight from portland for $99, so it's for sure that i'll be there first week of jan.
glad to meet up and check yards with anyone, go riding around the state. have pals in tampa/st. pete, pensacola, gainesville, boca/palm beach, orlando.

D

dVEC

I'll probably be heading down there in the middle of January. Mostly be in Gainesville and uhh.. Ocala (yeah I'm one o' them - swing by Fat Kids and say what's up).

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
There was a NW StP meetup in Portland back in August - maybe we could do a late Jan. or early Feb. StP meetup in the SE USA? (While the north is all freezing fucking cold...)

If anyone's interested, where do y'all think is best location in the state?

marc

Reaction score
i think that would be a good idea. i know some cool spots in pensacola and gainesville where we could have a party without cops or people fucking with us.

nobo

Reaction score
id be down, im gonna be in nola late january, i was thinking about checking out florida anyways, so an stp meetup would be all the more reason!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
there are some cool kids in st.auggy. i spent a couple months on my friend's sailboat while i was there last year..... FNB serves at the plaza some nights and there is also a soup kitchen that serves everyday. sooo easy to make money buskin or just walkin around the plaza square askin all the many tourists that stroll the town everyday for $$ and kickdowns. Or if you got dreads/tattoos/look weird you might be able to get a job bein a pirate for the pirate/ghoust tours. Local Heroes is a cool bar to hang out at. the police suck tho...just make sure you sit 50 ft. from St.George st when you busk and be careful about open containers there. and also - be cautious if you squat in that field near the railroad tracks there outside of downtown....heard talk of people gettin jumped/murdered out there recently....dunno...just a heads-up.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking maybe Tampa/St. Pete or Gainesville would be good for a meetup - both are kinda central, so good for people having to come south or north - Gainesville a lil' more north for folks who are in in the north or just around Fla.
Plus you can hitch or ride in, and it's a college town, still kinda wooded in the outskirts.
'Course, Tampa or St. Pete also can be easily-enough accessed, and it's beachy-warm...

condemnedtodrift

Reaction score
Well fuck. Some friends and I are going down that way in a week or so. I'd be down to party with you guys.

I say we steal a party boat in the keys, and make total destroy in the gulf!

nobo

Reaction score
id be down to meet up in pensacola marc, depending on when this thing goes down. id like to spend as much time as i can in nola...i guess i can always just go back...

marc

Reaction score
how does february 1st in gainesville sound? its on a saturday and its a little over 3 weeks from now so it will give people time to get there.

Anna Orange

Reaction score
Theres the Orlando FNB house, im sure they wouldnt mind you staying there.

Theres always stuff going on in gville, its pretty much a college party town.

Im in clw, clw food not bombs servs every Wednesday and if you are passing through i can gurantee you can meet some new friends and find a travel buddy// a place to crash there.

I know that January 30th theres a big art show//show going on at wayward council in gville.

Theres also a punk house in tampa. Always good shows and people there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads