St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

roughdraft

ain´t nobody cool
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
traveling
This is from my home town. Well not but last place I paid for rent in Huntsville Alabama.
I knew people that knew him and managed his going viral

He went viral. Talkshows. Rehab.
The usual
fuck all i know is that dude is legend

joeycalzone

Pilgrim
Current Location
Anywhere but here
I Actually believe it to be this person. Lisa Fortner is Wild Child. The last one shows how dumb they are. getting angry about the own fake post here. These people are literally nuts.

screenshot_2019-02-20_16-52-49-png.49059_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

screenshot_2019-02-20_16-57-09-png.49060_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

screenshot_2019-02-20_17-00-05-png.49061_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

screenshot_2019-02-20_17-03-15-png.49062_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

screenshot_2019-02-20_17-04-12-png.49063_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

screenshot_2019-02-20_17-15-55-png.49064_St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_8:14 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
It's become clear to the staff (and i think obvious to anyone else reading this thread) that the user @WildChild is a fake account created by the facebook group "St. Augustine Vagrant Watch Group & Citizen Night Watch (Including SJC)" to scare poor people into avoiding coming to their city.

Obviously this is a pretty disgusting tactic taken on by people that have no real concept of what homelessness entails, and basically views people without traditional homes as scum and criminals.

This account obviously violates our rules, and has been banned.

In addition, one helpful user has provided us with multiple screen shots proving that members of this group have decided to engage in a harassment campaign against the StP website and it's community.

Because of this, we are asking anyone reading this to visit the following facebook groups and profiles and file a report to facebook for harassment/bullying:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/855325107979373/
https://www.facebook.com/julia.moody.54
http://facebook.com/lisa.y.blanchard

To anyone from this disgusting group reading this, I want to make it very clear that this kind of harassment will not be tolerated in any form, and any future attempt at similar tactics will just result in further reports to facebook.

if you're coming to this post directly from social media, scroll up through the previous posts to see the whole story.

Last edited:

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
If we can get the direct link to that page/group so we can all report it, that would be fucking dope! If Facebook gets only one report, they would think it's not serious. If they get several reports, then they'll believe it is serious!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
If we can get the direct link to that page/group so we can all report it, that would be fucking dope! If Facebook gets only one report, they would think it's not serious. If they get several reports, then they'll believe it is serious!
the link is directly above in my last post....

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Travel Mentor
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
I couldn't see the members or admins, because it's now a "closed" group, but I reported the group itself for everything except "sexual activity/nudity".

Pokebert

Spiritual Nomad
Current Location
Grayslake, IL
Website
reddit.com
Fucking assholes. I’d report, but I don’t use Facebook anymore.

How much do you need to hate poor hobos to do an entire undercover op?

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Current Location
Redcliffe, Qld
Website
www.faceboook.com
Fuck man, this is horrible. Made the mistake of having a look on their Facebook page...what cruel, souless pricks.

Y'all need a meet up in St Augustine

(Reported and all that)

Banjo

Current Location
Upper Ohio Valley
Reported the group just now. But not sure how to proceed on the two individuals. There wasn't really anything reportable I could find on their personal pages, and I can't see anything they posted on the group, since it's a closed group.

BusGypsy

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Away
wow. an entire hate group for homeless people. Maybe we should respond in like and invade THEIR page. also, dox?

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
And I just reported their GoFundMe campaign using the following statement (I pray to God I hope I said it right):

According to recent events before or during the start of this campaign, the organizer works for a group that is known to be an anti-homeless group that takes unnecessary advantages against those in St. Augustine, Florida (and abroad) that are homeless. The group is also cited by others for disorderly conduct toward homeless individuals - which include harassment, bullying, hate speech, wrongful legal threatening (reporting, arresting, etc.), disturbing the peace, and scaring individuals into avoid entering the city. This explains to me the fact that they have absolutely no respect for anyone, whether rich or poor and whether one has a house or not.

Additionally, one of the members of the group decided to use the Facebook platform to stalk, bully, plot against, and harass several members of our website, Squat the Planet by using a fake username - which was later banned by the staff.

We do have evidence to back that up also:

See https://squattheplanet.com/threads/st-augustine-anti-homeless-group-harasses-stp-community.37659/post-272537

As a representative of Squat the Planet, I have written and explained this report to the best of my knowledge and in good faith. You may have other representatives from StP reporting this campaign as well. I hope this will guide you in any decision to retract and/or suspend this campaign.

Steve Oscar
If GoFundMe receives additional reports, it could help them get a better view of what this Night Ranger group really is and make the right decision to shut down its campaign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Damn sore riding my bicycle over 60 some miles Sunday! Laid in my tent all day Monday resting! Bike touring at its best. Gotta love it!
Asheville, looking to hang out? Peace
Made it to chicago, had a blast. Got a bike a new bike at the squat i stayed at. So far ive been at the wsp hopout for 12 hours and not a single wbd has shown up.
Yeah remember when I said I'm going off grid for a while? Didn't last long, fucked my back up real bad and apparently I also have an enlarged heart, pretty cool. More love to give maybe? So they admitted me. I'll be on hospital grid for at least a day. Low battery and no charger though, so I'mma leave y'all with a cliffhanger probably. Will try to update before heading back out to the sticks.
100% off-grid for roughly 2 weeks? I'll try to pop in here and there if I get any trips to town. Safe travels y'all. And even if you're just sittin around talkin bout "yeah gonna hit the road in about 6 months maybe" y'all be safe doin that too alright. Armchairs be dangerous yo!
SlankyLanky wrote on EndTimesCommunityWorship's profile.
So we have a gallery section that you might consider looking at to post pictures to. It might be more convenient for other users if the newest profile posts wernt all imgur photos from you.

Members online