Video - Some updates on the Slab City Library | Squat the Planet

Video Some updates on the Slab City Library

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, everyone! Sorry about the "radio silence", I've had my hands pretty full lately.

To make a long story short, I've been working closely with @Cornelius Vango at the Slab City Library. Last month, they placed me in charge of the place.

It's been a LOT of work, but extremely rewarding so far. I've started my own YouTube channel, so folks can keep up with the progress here.

I know it's still quite a ways off, but I hope to see everyone who can make it at the 2018 Dirty Scout's Jamboree this year!

Here is one of my videos. Enjoy!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sweet dude, stay cool during the summer and keep posting videos! i have some extra batteries for the camera, i'll try to ship them down. you still using the same po box?

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Jerrell

Reaction score
I love libraries. I did my work study in the archives at my university's library. Glad to know the Slab City folk have an appreciation too. I'm sure, when I finally wander down to the Slabs later this year, the Slab City Library will be the first spot I check out.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Side note:

If I, or anybody else for that matter, wanted to bring books to donate. Are there any specific titles or authors or whatever that you may be looking for? I was a sociology major, so I'm sure I have some Max Webber and Karl Marx type books just collecting dust that I wouldn't mind toting across the country with me. Would give me a chance to reread them as well. LOL

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
sweet dude, stay cool during the summer and keep posting videos! i have some extra batteries for the camera, i'll try to ship them down. you still using the same po box?

Yes, I'll be using the same PO Box:

Andrew Ostgaard
Slab City Library
PO Box 642
Niland, CA 92257

Thanks!

Side note:

If I, or anybody else for that matter, wanted to bring books to donate. Are there any specific titles or authors or whatever that you may be looking for? I was a sociology major, so I'm sure I have some Max Webber and Karl Marx type books just collecting dust that I wouldn't mind toting across the country with me. Would give me a chance to reread them as well. LOL

I'm not sure about specific titles or authors, but we're always seeking to expand the followong sections:

- Poetry
- Gender & Sexuality
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy
- Alternative (i.e. nonchristian) Religions

Thanks a bunch!

• Useful
Reactions: Jerrell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads