skateboard on the road | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

skateboard on the road

nostrumfiend

Reaction score
another con that sometimes isn't really too much trouble is some times in bad neighborhoods if you're alone people sometimes try to jack it because its can be sold for at least 20 bucks. if its just one dude you can truck slap him but against a few people or if someone has a gun it sucks but there will always be people trying to take your shit so i guess it doesnt really matter

JayJayOnTheFly

Reaction score
i always came across boards on my travels rock them till you get drunk and leave them on the max D: and if your into actually skating id for sure bring it so many fun skateparks everywhere

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
well mostly because of you guys i worked out a deal to where i could trade for one of these things.. They are called penny skateboards. the deck is like one of those old plastic molded boards from back in the day and the wheels are big and soft.
fun little things.. probably a bad idea to ride it with much with a bag on my back, but it'd be cool to bring along and feel the wheels under my feet..
PENNY_COMPLETE_22_PURPLE_CYAN_medium.jpg

Fungus

Reaction score
Just bought a new deck today. Definitely taking it on next travels this spring. Hitting up skatespots/parks along the way. It'd be bad-ass to have like a Homeless Transworld magazine a quarter dedicated to skating, quarter on longboarding, a quarter spent detailing squatting/traveling techniques (such as on StP) and a quarter spent detailing ways to obtain free gear. Just saying.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
Just bought a new deck today. Definitely taking it on next travels this spring. Hitting up skatespots/parks along the way. It'd be bad-ass to have like a Homeless Transworld magazine a quarter dedicated to skating, quarter on longboarding, a quarter spent detailing squatting/traveling techniques (such as on StP) and a quarter spent detailing ways to obtain free gear. Just saying.
ah, whered you get it at?

and cool magazine idea. I'd be down for working on something like that..

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
SKATE WHILE YOU WAIT!!

Catchout towns with close proximity skateparks:

* Philly
* Worcester, MA
* La Grande, OR
* Albany, OR
* Portland, OR
* Whitefish, MT
* Kirby, TX (not a skatepark but awesome drainage ditch)
* Sioux Falls, SD
* Milwaukee, WI
* Minot, ND
* Santa Barbara, CA (too bad theres few to no trains there anymore)

Anybody have any other places they know where you can skate while you wait to catchout?

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
well mostly because of you guys i worked out a deal to where i could trade for one of these things.. They are called penny skateboards. the deck is like one of those old plastic molded boards from back in the day and the wheels are big and soft.
fun little things.. probably a bad idea to ride it with much with a bag on my back, but it'd be cool to bring along and feel the wheels under my feet..
PENNY_COMPLETE_22_PURPLE_CYAN_medium.jpg
I was thinking buying one of these or one of the globe bantam ones, or some other kind of cruiser

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
I was thinking buying one of these or one of the globe bantam ones, or some other kind of cruiser
dude they are so nice, and fun. Very small, tough, and light weight. the globe ones look like they are a more perfect size (a bit larger), but both are really cool. a cruiser would be sick too, but wood boards wont last as long outdoors imo..

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
dude they are so nice, and fun. Very small, tough, and light weight. the globe ones look like they are a more perfect size (a bit larger), but both are really cool. a cruiser would be sick too, but wood boards wont last as long outdoors imo..
Yeah your right if you got a wooden one it would probably end up up getting water logged

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i wrote this in another thread......dude was asking about hitching up 101 in cali with a board.......so yeah this might be helpful to any of you skate rats on the roan in cali/oregon.......this list is going up hwy 101 starting in LA

": venice beach...santa monica...oxnard...santa barbara...solvang(few miles off 101 n. of s. barbara)...los osos(on the coast w. of san luis obispo)...then a dry spell til you get to santa cruz...santa cruz...pacifica... SF has potrero park and a bunch more around the bay area...north of the bay area is....san rafael...novato...santa rosa...windsor...healdsburgh...ukiah...willits.......arcata...nothing till you get to oregon....brookings...port orford(just a 6-10ft bowl with the worlds first cradle)...reedsport...florence...waldport...LINCOLN CITY!....thats as far north on 101 as i ever got......theres a bunch around the portland area....battle ground WA just n. of portland looks epic(never been there)/...........i'm sick of typing.......bunch on i-5 too....mt. shasta is new and looks good ....ashland OR...medford OR....grants pass..klamath falls........but yeah if you get dropped off in any of these places might wanna ask where the skatepark is.......

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
ya know what i was just thinking? it'd be pretty cool to spray paint a sign to the bottom of your board. "traveling broke and hungry" or something... and then you could just lay it in front of you or hold it.. people seem to respond more to interesting artistic signs. and people would really like that in cali.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads