skateboard on the road (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

nostrumfiend

Lurker
Hometown
Richmond, VA
another con that sometimes isn't really too much trouble is some times in bad neighborhoods if you're alone people sometimes try to jack it because its can be sold for at least 20 bucks. if its just one dude you can truck slap him but against a few people or if someone has a gun it sucks but there will always be people trying to take your shit so i guess it doesnt really matter

Hometown
i always came across boards on my travels rock them till you get drunk and leave them on the max D: and if your into actually skating id for sure bring it so many fun skateparks everywhere

tobepxt

Hometown
im in Louisville Kentucky
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
well mostly because of you guys i worked out a deal to where i could trade for one of these things.. They are called penny skateboards. the deck is like one of those old plastic molded boards from back in the day and the wheels are big and soft.
fun little things.. probably a bad idea to ride it with much with a bag on my back, but it'd be cool to bring along and feel the wheels under my feet..

colinkinross

Lurker
has anyone brought their board with them. pro and cons would be nice. im thinking of taking mine with me. if anyone could give advice that would be great thanks
definately better to bring it . cuts your walk time across town in half

Fungus

Lurker
Hometown
Chattanooga, TN
Just bought a new deck today. Definitely taking it on next travels this spring. Hitting up skatespots/parks along the way. It'd be bad-ass to have like a Homeless Transworld magazine a quarter dedicated to skating, quarter on longboarding, a quarter spent detailing squatting/traveling techniques (such as on StP) and a quarter spent detailing ways to obtain free gear. Just saying.

tobepxt

Hometown
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
Just bought a new deck today. Definitely taking it on next travels this spring. Hitting up skatespots/parks along the way. It'd be bad-ass to have like a Homeless Transworld magazine a quarter dedicated to skating, quarter on longboarding, a quarter spent detailing squatting/traveling techniques (such as on StP) and a quarter spent detailing ways to obtain free gear. Just saying.
ah, whered you get it at?

and cool magazine idea. I'd be down for working on something like that..

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Hometown
Florida - FEC milepost 105.1
SKATE WHILE YOU WAIT!!

Catchout towns with close proximity skateparks:

* Philly
* Worcester, MA
* La Grande, OR
* Albany, OR
* Portland, OR
* Whitefish, MT
* Kirby, TX (not a skatepark but awesome drainage ditch)
* Sioux Falls, SD
* Milwaukee, WI
* Minot, ND
* Santa Barbara, CA (too bad theres few to no trains there anymore)

Anybody have any other places they know where you can skate while you wait to catchout?

OP
dylann

dylann

Lurker
Hometown
drifting
dood thanks for the list! i wish i could bring my surfboard too. oh well

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Hometown
Minneapolis, United States
well mostly because of you guys i worked out a deal to where i could trade for one of these things.. They are called penny skateboards. the deck is like one of those old plastic molded boards from back in the day and the wheels are big and soft.
fun little things.. probably a bad idea to ride it with much with a bag on my back, but it'd be cool to bring along and feel the wheels under my feet..
I was thinking buying one of these or one of the globe bantam ones, or some other kind of cruiser

tobepxt

Hometown
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
I was thinking buying one of these or one of the globe bantam ones, or some other kind of cruiser
dude they are so nice, and fun. Very small, tough, and light weight. the globe ones look like they are a more perfect size (a bit larger), but both are really cool. a cruiser would be sick too, but wood boards wont last as long outdoors imo..

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Hometown
Minneapolis, United States
dude they are so nice, and fun. Very small, tough, and light weight. the globe ones look like they are a more perfect size (a bit larger), but both are really cool. a cruiser would be sick too, but wood boards wont last as long outdoors imo..
Yeah your right if you got a wooden one it would probably end up up getting water logged

OP
dylann

dylann

Lurker
Hometown
drifting
last summer i go some quikcrete and made some sick QP's. so much fun! goodluck

bryanpaul

Rambler
Hometown
eastern shore of Maryland
i wrote this in another thread......dude was asking about hitching up 101 in cali with a board.......so yeah this might be helpful to any of you skate rats on the roan in cali/oregon.......this list is going up hwy 101 starting in LA

": venice beach...santa monica...oxnard...santa barbara...solvang(few miles off 101 n. of s. barbara)...los osos(on the coast w. of san luis obispo)...then a dry spell til you get to santa cruz...santa cruz...pacifica... SF has potrero park and a bunch more around the bay area...north of the bay area is....san rafael...novato...santa rosa...windsor...healdsburgh...ukiah...willits.......arcata...nothing till you get to oregon....brookings...port orford(just a 6-10ft bowl with the worlds first cradle)...reedsport...florence...waldport...LINCOLN CITY!....thats as far north on 101 as i ever got......theres a bunch around the portland area....battle ground WA just n. of portland looks epic(never been there)/...........i'm sick of typing.......bunch on i-5 too....mt. shasta is new and looks good ....ashland OR...medford OR....grants pass..klamath falls........but yeah if you get dropped off in any of these places might wanna ask where the skatepark is.......

Sydney

Hometown
Los Angeles, CA
Website
www.sunnywar.com
ya know what i was just thinking? it'd be pretty cool to spray paint a sign to the bottom of your board. "traveling broke and hungry" or something... and then you could just lay it in front of you or hold it.. people seem to respond more to interesting artistic signs. and people would really like that in cali.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

can't believe my crazy plan worked.
Junk train crew fasho, this time around.
One after the other.. fuggit, always happy to be making miles. Esspecially in the desired direction.

Happy trails, all!
sold my prius for just under 4k, and now i am just a few weeks away from buying a school bus!
I work on an egg farm at the moment. I'm interested in developing self sufficiency to maintain autonomy in a world that appears to me to becoming more managed and controlled in an authoritarian way. I play music and read a bit. Always interested in learning something new.
Just found a nice little selection of Cory Doctorow books at a library in San Antonio 👌
Chicago street musician feel like we are becoming dinosaurs
im not liking it where I live, freaking cockroaches :( kinda still cold for me, but I rather live in a diy shelter in the woods right now :)
When is the fucking rain gonna finally end? Bloody hell!
man, some days it hits me a little harder than others how special this community is

Members online