Seattle, WA | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Seattle, WA

Staralar

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm out in Seattle right now. I'd definetily love to take you on a more updated tour of the Seattle stomping gounds; however... I'd also love to vacate this place. So please by all means, gimmie a ring when you're around. I 'd love to dispose of this god forsaken state soon there after.

DUDEGUY

Reaction score
OK so I'm stuck in Florida and I need to get out I've trainhopped and squatted all up and down the east coast and most the mid west I want to go out to seattle any tips on some chill places to hang out or hit up, or just to go see while I'm there? Like some kool drop ins like the ones in Cambridge or New york were you can get cleaned up or were they have some feedings like food not bombs just general stuff like that. If anyone can help out I'd mad appreciate it. ohh or like places not to go ( cause cops will F*** with you or something like that) thanks

christianarchy

Reaction score
when you gonna be here?
in seattle i help out with food not bombs, and other feed programs, and house shows and stuff.
if you wanna hang out, i can show you whats up here. theres some pretty cool stuff goin on and some cool places to hang out.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Capitol Hill is very young, gay, and trendy. Not saying if it's good or bad, just what it is.
And it's probably getting a Link train stop.

seriously.
don't show up on cap hill with a multi speed bike, or the hipsters will crush you!
but in actually there can be fun times there

xmaggotx

Reaction score
go to georgetown. fbk house (local punk house) will let you stay if you want, theres a cool vegan joint around the corner from there that does shows and sometimes helps out travelers with cheap prices. fbk also has shows. and best of all, down the street (fbk is also a bike collective, so borrow a bike) is the naked ice dumpster, an awesome veggie meat dumpster, and the filson clothing dumpster! fuck yeah seattle!

DUDEGUY

Reaction score
kool thank I should be up in a few weeks prob the beginnig of march I'm just waiting to get my liscence back and some cash and gear that the cops made a point of throwing in the gulf of mexico for me but thanks I'll def let you know when I'm comming up there for sure. Thanx

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
you don't want to sleep in volunteer park mostly cause of all the bush bunnies there getting it on. In recent years there's been a big crusade tho to keep anyone from cruisin the park at night, and they've cut back a lot of the bushes so i wouldn't advise you to sleep there.
------------------------------------
DO NOT SIT on Broadway. it can be decent spanging sometimes, but NEVER SIT DOWN. There's a new ordinance. Me sitting on the sidewalk led up to my arrest there. anyways i wouldn't spend too much time on the hill - too many junkies - altho maybe its gotten better since i lived there.
There's Teen Feed everynight, at different locations around the U-District. ask any street kid on the ave,they'll know. They always serve incredibly large meals w/ desserts ...always leftovers. it's really fuckin amazing the job they do. Also, there's a shelter for under 21 i believe thats really not bad.
If you're ever caught outside without a place to sleep and it's cold/wet out. You can always chill at the University Library (the big one i forget the name). I think around 11 or 12 they kick anyone out who doesn't have a Student I.D. card. I used to hide in one of the 2nd/3rd floor bathroom stalls until the security guards finished their rounds. Then you can crash on one of the sofas all night long. no one ever fucked with me. (or there's the stairwell to the left of the entrance- i usedto go all the way to the bottom and crash down there before some a-hole called the cops on me)
Seattle is by far one of the easiest cities...if you want a change of scene check out bellingham north of there.

christianarchy

Reaction score
go to georgetown. fbk house (local punk house) will let you stay if you want, theres a cool vegan joint around the corner from there that does shows and sometimes helps out travelers with cheap prices. fbk also has shows. and best of all, down the street (fbk is also a bike collective, so borrow a bike) is the naked ice dumpster, an awesome veggie meat dumpster, and the filson clothing dumpster! fuck yeah seattle!
i'll take you these places if you need help. also a cash + carry dumpster. lots of vegies. and yeah, teen feeds, dumpster, and FNB make food pretty easy. see the south side. georgetown is so rad.

and i was on broadway today. nothings happening there...if you dont make it there, you wont miss anything.

Treee

Reaction score
Website
www.squattheplanet.com
theres 3 trainyards in the city and none of them are in shity neighborhoods!

DUDEGUY

Reaction score
awesome I'm so stoked to get there can't wait!!!! Thanx for all the heads up! I'll hit you guys up before I know for certain when I'm going to be there. Hey whats up with the medical MJ there?

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
You won't get busted for smoking weed in Seattle, it's just way low priority. It might be something they could tack onto other charges if they had you on something else, but nobody will be arrested for having a joint or a pipe or something. (I wonder if the "smoke shops" still have signs insisting that all pipes are for tobacco only...)
WA does have a medical licensing situation, sort of like OR but I don't think as available. I don't really know, how about post some info on it for us?

• Agree
Reactions: BusGypsy

christianarchy

Reaction score
I wonder if the "smoke shops" still have signs insisting that all pipes are for tobacco only...)QUOTE]
I've seen a few of those signs around.

awesome I'm so stoked to get there can't wait!!!! Thanx for all the heads up! I'll hit you guys up before I know for certain when I'm going to be there. Hey whats up with the medical MJ there?
Out of everyone I know who smokes weed, don't know anyone that has a license. I agree with veggie, I think it's pretty strict around here. I don't really know much about cannabis, but I've heard people saying they have medicinal grade? I don't know if that's like better or something? Can't help a lot sorry, my only source is people trying to sell me some haha.

Reactions: DUDEGUY

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I wish I'd only seen the touristy side of Seattle. When I was a kid I thought it was awesome. I don't fancy that place much at all, now. I get in, get what I need, and get out.

DUDEGUY

Reaction score
Hey I'm going to be in seattle march 5th but as I've said earlier the cops threw my gear in the gulf of mexico to run me outta town so I had to go on a 5 finger discount spree and now I look like a hipster (LOL) do you know if there are anyone who can kick down any warm jackets/boots or tarps or places I can get that kinda stuff ASAP when I get there your summers are like are winters so I would like not to freeze my soaked balls of when I get off the train any help would be mad obligied

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads