Seattle area radio tower taken down by force. | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Seattle area radio tower taken down by force.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
hartage said:
Force is used by idiots that can't reason. When you reason people usually understand and agree.

Ask anyone who's ever been a victim of force how they feel about their failure to reason properly with their "mental midget" attacker. A rapist, a brutal cop, a Conquistador, etc. is not there to listen to your brilliant argument, they are there to get what they want. I like the idea behind your position here, but the evidence shows that while Might may not make Right, Might certainly does accomplish goals. And so if your goal is to prevent the destruction of this planet, then perhaps you should consider the use of Might as something more strategic and even necessary. If there is any human future, if there are whales and butterflies and polar bears and redwood trees 200 years from now, these creatures will simply be thankful that they have a living planet to inhabit; whatever means we employ now to secure that future will be inconsequential detail.

hartage said:
When something is fringe a few thousand people do it the net effect is very small. When it goes main stream even small things become mountains.

The first statement is true, but also very obvious, no? While I think it's apparent that downing these radio towers does no serious or sustained damage to the ecocide being perpetrated, is one (or are many) to sit idly by because they cannot make a meaningful and substantial impact? Maybe. Or maybe instead of waiting to do that one perfect attack sometime in the future, people ought just do whatever they can, even in limited ways. I certainly don't think this toppling of transmitters was any worse an act than petitioning to lawmakers or rallying streetside.

hartage said:
...use reason to convince the masses. It takes masses of people to do world wide damage.
...Reputation, opinion and reason are far more effective than violence or force in convincing the masses.

Commercial fishing is depleting the oceans of entire species of aquatic life; what compelling argument do you think you can make which will be reasonable enough - assuming it could even reach the masses, which is another flaw in your argument ('Freedom of the Press belongs to those who own the presses.') - to make fisherman stop venturing out to sea, or have processing factories close, or have consumers stop purchasing fish?
What argument could you make to have a billion people get sterilized and not add to the human population? What reasoned appeal can you make to convince the masses that farming should be abandoned; agricultural plots should be (re)turned into the wild, unamanaged landscapes of diverse flora and fauna they were before human manipulation for food; that forests should not be cut for paper, housing lumber, toilet paper?
You really think that Palestinians have no reasonable, logical case for sovereignty in their homeland? Or is it more just a matter of they don't possess the means to defend their homeland and expel the occupation forces of Israel?
You really think that the Seminole and Sioux and Cherokee, or the Dutch, French, Polish didn't have a good argument, or couldn't appeal to the kind United States or German armies? Or would you admit it was just that they couldn't repel or expel the invaders and make them sorry for their incursions?

hartage

Reaction score
Commercial fishing is depleting the oceans of entire species of aquatic life; what compelling argument do you think you can make which will be reasonable enough - assuming it could even reach the masses, which is another flaw in your argument ('Freedom of the Press belongs to those who own the presses.') - to make fisherman stop venturing out to sea, or have processing factories close, or have consumers stop purchasing fish?
What argument could you make to have a billion people get sterilized and not add to the human population? What reasoned appeal can you make to convince the masses that farming should be abandoned; agricultural plots should be (re)turned into the wild, unamanaged landscapes of diverse flora and fauna they were before human manipulation for food; that forests should not be cut for paper, housing lumber, toilet paper?
You really think that Palestinians have no reasonable, logical case for sovereignty in their homeland? Or is it more just a matter of they don't possess the means to defend their homeland and expel the occupation forces of Israel?
You really think that the Seminole and Sioux and Cherokee, or the Dutch, French, Polish didn't have a good argument, or couldn't appeal to the kind United States or German armies? Or would you admit it was just that they couldn't repel or expel the invaders and make them sorry for their incursions?

Ocean depletion. The argument is simple and working. Reduction of fish stocks, reduction of yearly harvest pointing to impending collapse. This has gotten the attention of the government, the people, and even the commercial fishing industry itself. Right now there is a total ban on salmon fishing on our coast and oceans. More and more coastal areas are being marked as off-limits even to recreational fishing. Reason works. Imagine what would happen if the chosen method was militant ? Such as sinking some boats or something. You would get LE out there and people would ignore whatever argument you had no matter how valid.

Human population. People have taken notice of that for a long time. I'll point to China and their 1 child per couple regulation. That government understands. It is not impossible to use reason in fact most times it's the only effective method to promote change.

Seminole, Sioux, etc. I said somewhere in this thread that I am not against use of force but it must be the proper use of force. If you are one person and you are up against 2,000 well armed troops you use REASON. If you are even 1,000 well armed well trained people up against 2,000 well armed troops you have the option of threat of force, reason and as a last resort actual use of force. (praying the other side is not willing to incur casualties) Lase scenario you are 6,000 well armed people vs 2,000 well armed troops. Force is much more of an option along with threat of force and reason. You now outnumber the opposing force 3 to 1 giving you the ability to overpower even a defended position. Back to the subject. If you are fighting a much larger, more powerful force.... general society backed by LE and military force the best and often only option is to use reason. Where has this worked ? Civil rights movement. WORDS worked, reason worked. Using force in these circumstances will achieve being labled a nut or outright squished neither of which are productive for change.

Ghandi was not wrong. He managed so much with so little. No force was used and he moved a mountain.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
You see what you want, but not what is.

I really can't say any more to someone who says "People have taken notice of [human overpopulation] for a long time" as if something is being done about it.
You can point to Chinese law and to me and fifty people who are concerned about population overshoot and have been sterilized, but that doesn't change the fact that human overpopulation has been worsening exponentially for 100 years, and that it is decimating the planet. It isn't changing. And furthermore, Chinese law IS force. It isn't an appeal, an appeal wouldn't work. It didn't, it doesn't, and it won't. It's not for lack of reasonable argument that the Chinese started enforcing birthing limits.

People will not give up their cellphones and laptops and iPods for the betterment of the wilderness; do you honestly think people will forego plumbing and refrigeration and a wide variety of foods on supermarket shelves? Wake up, time is a luxury we (and a billion other species) don't have.

hartage

Reaction score
You see what you want, but not what is.

I really can't say any more to someone who says "People have taken notice of [human overpopulation] for a long time" as if something is being done about it.
You can point to Chinese law and to me and fifty people who are concerned about population overshoot and have been sterilized, but that doesn't change the fact that human overpopulation has been worsening exponentially for 100 years, and that it is decimating the planet. It isn't changing. And furthermore, Chinese law IS force. It isn't an appeal, an appeal wouldn't work. It didn't, it doesn't, and it won't. It's not for lack of reasonable argument that the Chinese started enforcing birthing limits.

People will not give up their cellphones and laptops and iPods for the betterment of the wilderness; do you honestly think people will forego plumbing and refrigeration and a wide variety of foods on supermarket shelves? Wake up, time is a luxury we (and a billion other species) don't have.

We are just going to have to disagree on this one. Life on this planet has withstood and survived and thrived after asteroid strikes that wiped out all life on the surface. Super volcano eruptions that blotted out the sun and killed all plantlife on the surface.

Comparatively our sins as humans are insignificant compared to the challenges life has overcome. Have you seen some of the closed industrial plants ? The animals, plants, nature in general are well into reclaiming the area including breaking up the concrete and turning the steel into natural rust.

It's not right to use our resources past the point of sustainability. But it's also not right to paint a picture of urgency that is comparative to the anihilation of everything because we use cell phones.

This happens often to me. The right wing hates me for my save our resources stance. The left wing hates me because what ? I support dialog and reason instead of force to spread conserving our environment ? I guess I'm just not EXTREME enough for either side. Sad part is it takes people like me to actually get the job done instead of people on both sides just being interested in fighting each other.

hartage

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
That leaves out rivers I assume?

Actually it does include rivers, plenty of people are quite pissed because of this ban. Not sure if it applies to sovereign Indian land or not. It was the entire US coast and waters back in 08 now 09 two states california and oregon are continuing the ban.

I mixed up the years thought it was a few states before and all states now. It is all states 08 two states 09.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Ocean depletion. The argument is simple and working. Reduction of fish stocks, reduction of yearly harvest pointing to impending collapse. This has gotten the attention of the government, the people, and even the commercial fishing industry itself. Right now there is a total ban on salmon fishing on our coast and oceans. More and more coastal areas are being marked as off-limits even to recreational fishing. Reason works. Imagine what would happen if the chosen method was militant ? Such as sinking some boats or something. You would get LE out there and people would ignore whatever argument you had no matter how valid.

The ban on salmon fishing is because the Sacramento river is being used up by people. This is the only place that I know of that salmon fishing is banned. There is still commercial fisheries in Alaska, but that is highly regulated. There's many many many examples of impending doom scenarios in the ocean (even with some forms of regulation in place) that I could bore you with, but the main idea is that your 'reason works' argument doesn't really hold here. A reasonable solution to restore the salmon population is not being explored, thus it is not working. I don't mean to be a downer, but the oceans are fucked. And we don't have the tools right now to do much about it.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
hartage, you've twice now said, essentially, "Reason works: government is compelling compliance with the threat of punishment. See?, reasoned appeals succeed again!"
Or do you think that Chinese birthers or American fishermen will simply be lectured until they understand the wisdom behind the arguments to not reproduce or catch fish?

That force works is plainly evident when you see that anyone would want government to uphold/enforce any law, because governments are typically the strongest forces arrayed against the populations.

This fact (gone unaddressed AGAIN like you just don't get it)
+ previous points made against your position and not rebutted
= I'm done here.

"Life" has survived ELE asteroids, so a couple rapes in Atlanta are no biggie! Why fuss over the murder of five people when the Nazis killed twelve million? Life will persevere!
I'm not even sure what is failing in the mental processing when someone says shit like this, so I don't know quite how to address it.

Clearly you don't feel the genocidal devastation personally (nor do I), because I'm sure if your habitat was being eradicated, your brethren and loved ones being exterminated, or your food source(s) being eliminated, you would hardly say that the transgressors' sins are minimal compared to the extinctions of history.
Perhaps it's just that the rest of the life on the planet sees the inevitability of asteroid collisions or planetary orbit changes as obviously different and thus incomparable to the willful destruction wrought by Civilization, for reasons not the least of which is that previous effects have been felt equally around the globe, and that the cause was not domestic (whereas now we see a fraction of humans - a small percentage of Earth's life - perpetrating damage the effects of which they are delayed from feeling).

hartage

Reaction score
The ban on salmon fishing is because the Sacramento river is being used up by people. This is the only place that I know of that salmon fishing is banned. There is still commercial fisheries in Alaska, but that is highly regulated. There's many many many examples of impending doom scenarios in the ocean (even with some forms of regulation in place) that I could bore you with, but the main idea is that your 'reason works' argument doesn't really hold here. A reasonable solution to restore the salmon population is not being explored, thus it is not working. I don't mean to be a downer, but the oceans are fucked. And we don't have the tools right now to do much about it.

It's not just the sacramento river. In 08 it was the whole west coast read here All salmon fishing banned on West Coast For 09 it was continued by 2 states or and cali Salmon Fishing Ban to Continue Off California, Oregon : Indybay .

How does "reason works" not hold ? Several industries are halted for at least a year in 2 states 2 years. It would be like you being told you can't go to work for at least a year maybe 2. Or if you dumpster dive, that you couldn't do that for a year maybe two. How is it reason does not work when such a drastic measure is already being taken ? The sea otter that was basically wiped out save for a few dozen are repopulating and spreading up and down the coast. Sea lions back in the early 1920's were down to the last 1,000 all along our cost. Now they are around 17,000 in california alone around 3000 in oregon and around 1,000 in washington. Tell me again how reason does not work ?

Ok, so what is your alternative ? Use force ? Escalate it till the military is involved ? Keep escalating it till everyone is hunted down and put in prison ? Just how are these people going to further the cause from prison ? Down here in SD elf burned down two developments. In one of them people almost died, barely got out in time. All of the elf involved scattered. They were all hunted down and brought to court. They ALL called what they did at least rash and regret doing that. But why run to begin with if what they did was so right ?

Ghandi overturned an entire government through peaceful means. He had the guts to KNOW he's right and stand right there and take whatever was coming to him. Civil rights, women's rights have been fought and won through reason. How can you even think reason does not work ?

hartage

Reaction score
hartage, you've twice now said, essentially, "Reason works: government is compelling compliance with the threat of punishment. See?, reasoned appeals succeed again!"
Or do you think that Chinese birthers or American fishermen will simply be lectured until they understand the wisdom behind the arguments to not reproduce or catch fish?

That force works is plainly evident when you see that anyone would want government to uphold/enforce any law, because governments are typically the strongest forces arrayed against the populations.

This fact (gone unaddressed AGAIN like you just don't get it)
+ previous points made against your position and not rebutted
= I'm done here.

"Life" has survived ELE asteroids, so a couple rapes in Atlanta are no biggie! Why fuss over the murder of five people when the Nazis killed twelve million? Life will persevere!
I'm not even sure what is failing in the mental processing when someone says shit like this, so I don't know quite how to address it.

Clearly you don't feel the genocidal devastation personally (nor do I), because I'm sure if your habitat was being eradicated, your brethren and loved ones being exterminated, or your food source(s) being eliminated, you would hardly say that the transgressors' sins are minimal compared to the extinctions of history.
Perhaps it's just that the rest of the life on the planet sees the inevitability of asteroid collisions or planetary orbit changes as obviously different and thus incomparable to the willful destruction wrought by Civilization, for reasons not the least of which is that previous effects have been felt equally around the globe, and that the cause was not domestic (whereas now we see a fraction of humans - a small percentage of Earth's life - perpetrating damage the effects of which they are delayed from feeling).

I'll just speak plainly. I don't address the points I simply do not understand and make zero sense to me. I'm going to condense my position and simplify it as much as possible.

Fighting sucks and gets everyone nowhere. We are all on the same planet and have to be around each other save for the few people living alone on an island. Trying to force your opponent gets them to try to force you (perhaps with more success than you). Reason is the only effective method. Show me one instance where the use of force has helped the environmental cause ?

All I can say is go ahead and bring down towers, burn up developments to your hearts content. When you are hunted down and put in prison the rest of us will continue the fight. Eventually the other side will understand and agree. When that happens you'll still be in prison rotting away. In the meanwhile your actions of burning things up or bringing things down just makes it an even harder fight for the rest of us using reason. If anything else you are helping the WRONG side. Your just giving the other side more reason to fight us instead of listening to what we have to say and them understanding. When they understand and we all work towards the same goal THAT is when shit gets done.

By doing shit like burning things up and bringing stuff down you might as well just call yourself a conservative republican. That is the cause you are helping.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
It's not just the sacramento river. In 08 it was the whole west coast read here All salmon fishing banned on West Coast For 09 it was continued by 2 states or and cali Salmon Fishing Ban to Continue Off California, Oregon : Indybay .

How does "reason works" not hold ? Several industries are halted for at least a year in 2 states 2 years. It would be like you being told you can't go to work for at least a year maybe 2. Or if you dumpster dive, that you couldn't do that for a year maybe two. How is it reason does not work when such a drastic measure is already being taken ? The sea otter that was basically wiped out save for a few dozen are repopulating and spreading up and down the coast. Sea lions back in the early 1920's were down to the last 1,000 all along our cost. Now they are around 17,000 in california alone around 3000 in oregon and around 1,000 in washington. Tell me again how reason does not work ?

Ok, so what is your alternative ? Use force ? Escalate it till the military is involved ? Keep escalating it till everyone is hunted down and put in prison ? Just how are these people going to further the cause from prison ? Down here in SD elf burned down two developments. In one of them people almost died, barely got out in time. All of the elf involved scattered. They were all hunted down and brought to court. They ALL called what they did at least rash and regret doing that. But why run to begin with if what they did was so right ?

Ghandi overturned an entire government through peaceful means. He had the guts to KNOW he's right and stand right there and take whatever was coming to him. Civil rights, women's rights have been fought and won through reason. How can you even think reason does not work ?

I'm not arguing that reason doesn't work. I meant that the situation with the salmon isn't working. Not that it matters too much but I will offer you a short course on fish biology presently.

Salmon are anadromous fish. That means they spend part of their life cycle in freshwater, and part of their life cycle in marine habitat. There are three major stocks of salmon in our part of the Northwest: the Sacramento river, Klamath and Columbia river populations. In the Sacramento river, the enviornment has been defouled by humans such that the salmon population no longer live to make it to the ocean. Since this population travels as far as Washington up the West coast during its marine phase, fishing was banned in order to avoid killing the remaining reproducers of this population, which will still return to the Sacramento river to spawn. This is the reason that the fishing is closed for salmon near here, because the Sacramento river is fucked up and if they fish any more now, they will kill all of the fish and not have any more to fish in the future. Which is worse than the current situation that there may not be any fish to fish in the future regardless.

Also - if you read both of those articles they point out that fishing did not cause the decline, and they also don't point out a solution for the Sacramento river restoration. However, I'm sure that someone is working on something somewhere and that reason will convince all those factories and golf courses that they don't need to use that water anyway.

If you're confused about any more enviornmental issues in the future be sure to let me know.

However, as a general rule, the people that are making decisions about the enviornment are making decisions about how it is to be properly managed as a resource. There is no room in this system for thinking of these places and things outside of utility. Sea otters simply got too expensive to hunt when in such low numbers, otherwise they would have been totally extinct. For an example of that, see the sea cow. We ate all of those a couple of hundred years ago. I don't really see that as reason, it's like fuck everything up as much as we want and then pretend to give a shit once it's gone.

I don't have a solution, if I could come up with a solution being as uninvolved in these issues as I am, someone else would have come up with one a long time ago. But I do believe that I have the ability to become involved and help make things better, which makes a lot more sense to me than naively believing that it's all gravy. Cause it's not.

Alright, anyway, you should re-read veggieguy's posts about force in our society. It makes a lot of sense.

What do you do when you go reason with someone who wants to bulldoze your house to build a freeway and they tell you to fuck off? Do you then try to reason with the guy driving the bulldozer? The one thing that I really love that crimethinc put out was this little sticker that had guys in suits and breifcases on it and it said : THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU.

And they don't.

hartage

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that reason doesn't work. I meant that the situation with the salmon isn't working. Not that it matters too much but I will offer you a short course on fish biology presently.

Salmon are anadromous fish. That means they spend part of their life cycle in freshwater, and part of their life cycle in marine habitat. There are three major stocks of salmon in our part of the Northwest: the Sacramento river, Klamath and Columbia river populations. In the Sacramento river, the enviornment has been defouled by humans such that the salmon population no longer live to make it to the ocean. Since this population travels as far as Washington up the West coast during its marine phase, fishing was banned in order to avoid killing the remaining reproducers of this population, which will still return to the Sacramento river to spawn. This is the reason that the fishing is closed for salmon near here, because the Sacramento river is fucked up and if they fish any more now, they will kill all of the fish and not have any more to fish in the future. Which is worse than the current situation that there may not be any fish to fish in the future regardless.

Also - if you read both of those articles they point out that fishing did not cause the decline, and they also don't point out a solution for the Sacramento river restoration. However, I'm sure that someone is working on something somewhere and that reason will convince all those factories and golf courses that they don't need to use that water anyway.

If you're confused about any more enviornmental issues in the future be sure to let me know.

However, as a general rule, the people that are making decisions about the enviornment are making decisions about how it is to be properly managed as a resource. There is no room in this system for thinking of these places and things outside of utility. Sea otters simply got too expensive to hunt when in such low numbers, otherwise they would have been totally extinct. For an example of that, see the sea cow. We ate all of those a couple of hundred years ago. I don't really see that as reason, it's like fuck everything up as much as we want and then pretend to give a shit once it's gone.

I don't have a solution, if I could come up with a solution being as uninvolved in these issues as I am, someone else would have come up with one a long time ago. But I do believe that I have the ability to become involved and help make things better, which makes a lot more sense to me than naively believing that it's all gravy. Cause it's not.

Alright, anyway, you should re-read veggieguy's posts about force in our society. It makes a lot of sense.

What do you do when you go reason with someone who wants to bulldoze your house to build a freeway and they tell you to fuck off? Do you then try to reason with the guy driving the bulldozer? The one thing that I really love that crimethinc put out was this little sticker that had guys in suits and breifcases on it and it said : THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU.

And they don't.

The reason I pointed out the salmon thing is not that it was a solution. Only that it is a drastic step taken that shows people are finally understanding the extent of the situation. It is nothing but drastic to tell families "you can't earn a living for the next year or two". It was to show that reason is making progress, people are understanding and doing something about it. Studies in fertilizer runoff and reduction have or are being done. People are more and more understanding of the situation.

I disagree with your assessment of us as a community. The "green" movement is relatively new as we know it today. In what, 20 years the problems of unsustainable living has come to the forefront of public consciousness. One by one industries that were previously running amok are now being reigned in. The emissions of 1 car from the 80's is average 220 ppm in hydrocarbons (unburned fuel) being released. Today a pzev car must maintain less than .5 ppm over 15 years and 150,000 miles. 1 80's car is equivalent to 440 of today's cars. That is the figure for average 80's cars not even gross polluters. Compared to one of those it could be thousands of cars to 1.

We are as a community are learning and changing. Twenty years in the life of a nation is a blink of an eye. The rate of change is also still accelerating. In the next 20 years far more reductions will happen as people's understanding grows even faster.

More change needs to happen yes. But let's not be blind to what we've already accomplished in changing people's minds and habits.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Well, I sure hope you're right but I don't think you are.

For further reading I reccomend Derek Jensen's "As the World Burns: 50 Things You Can Do to Stay in Denial" (gets a little rediculus at the end but the rest is good)

Wait, did you mention 'pzev' cars? Like 'partial zero emissions vehicle' cars? Take a second to read that again: Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle. That doesn't even make sense! Smells like a marketing campaign to me.

hartage

Reaction score
Well, I sure hope you're right but I don't think you are.

For further reading I reccomend Derek Jensen's "As the World Burns: 50 Things You Can Do to Stay in Denial" (gets a little rediculus at the end but the rest is good)

Wait, did you mention 'pzev' cars? Like 'partial zero emissions vehicle' cars? Take a second to read that again: Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle. That doesn't even make sense! Smells like a marketing campaign to me.

The numbers are staggeringly low. .5 ppm (parts per million) a HALF ppm or 1 part per two million is an incredibly low number. That is also the MAXIMUM upper limit. The next time you fry an egg or really cook anything. You would be releasing more hydrocarbons than a tankfull of gas run through a pzev vehicle. Remember, crude oil comes from organic material much like what you just ate today.

I

IBRRHOBO

wow! i can't believe that i've missed out on this drama! fuck i LIVE for this kind of shit! hell, veggieguy and i argue all the time (i still consider him a friend and hope he does i as well), but look at the rest of the cast: macks, lovely acorns, rememberusername...fuck it's an all star cast! bah ha ha

hmnn, hartage. i can usually read a person through their vernacular (written or spoken) as i did it for a career in the service, but you're an interesting one. we should spar one day! :)

yeah, usually i'm all for property rights being defended to the death. telecommunications (especially amplified modulation (AM) as it is HELLA better than FM when ur on a train) is one of the sacred cows of mine. after reading the articles, though, i'm not so sure i side w/the radio giants here. let's get the trivia out of the way, though, shall we? society requires law and order...this includes anarchy. go no further than what does an anarchist collective do if a woman w/child is brutally raped and murdered? there, see? penalty assessed, law and order, blah blah.

so, in this case it would appear that first the radio towers are an eye sore. the science behind the arguements are rather flimsy so i won't call it a public health issue. the community, by and large wanted them gone, the radio stations could've updated them with new towers or mod transmitters and didn't and the commissioners remained complicent. so ELF, always the media hungry adolescent, ran to the rescue.

now, had someone in the community done the dirt, i'd back it %100. if the ELF person is from there, fine. and once again, i support the community's right to self determination even if their goverment refuses to act (hell that's how the US came into existence).

i don't support ELF. never had much respect for them for a lot of unimportant reasons. if you're gonna fight a war don't be opportunistic about it. see, that's kinda intersting that the whole navajo thing came up. now we and this means each and every one of you reading this in the US, fought a war for this country against the indian nations [insert whatever pc term needed as i don't know of any] and won. victori spolia. that nice chair and terminal ur using is compliments of men and women like me who put our ass on the lines. yet the theme seems to be that it was unjust. upon examination of the ELF war, though, it's just? let me clairify that this is about the towers and not the navajo, ELF or who-the-fuck ever. just a footnote there as i couldn't resist! lol

i think, though, that toppling the towers gave some pretty good instant gratification (refer here to the DSM Vol. VI i think is the latest). see the problems w/instant gratification is that it only lasts a minute. i sure hope NO one is ignorant enough to believe that the radio station will not simply use the insurance money which ELF helps pay as they pay taxes when they buy fuel, beer, etc. to build newer, BIGGER ones!

sadly, it's loose-loose. it's a price that's paid if you have/like a cell phone, StP forum as u use a computer or telecommunications. and it's not going to change. look, the gov't tracks these folks down. i PROMISE you that ECHELON and DSM1000 (CARNIVORE/OMIVORE/DRAGONWARE SUITE) is monitoring this thread through packet sniffing. that's not to say that dissent is illegal, but when you decide to topple bullshit like AM radio towers, it's not the wisest allocation of manpower.

hartage

Reaction score
wow! i can't believe that i've missed out on this drama! fuck i LIVE for this kind of shit! hell, veggieguy and i argue all the time (i still consider him a friend and hope he does i as well), but look at the rest of the cast: macks, lovely acorns, rememberusername...fuck it's an all star cast! bah ha ha

hmnn, hartage. i can usually read a person through their vernacular (written or spoken) as i did it for a career in the service, but you're an interesting one. we should spar one day! :)

yeah, usually i'm all for property rights being defended to the death. telecommunications (especially amplified modulation (AM) as it is HELLA better than FM when ur on a train) is one of the sacred cows of mine. after reading the articles, though, i'm not so sure i side w/the radio giants here. let's get the trivia out of the way, though, shall we? society requires law and order...this includes anarchy. go no further than what does an anarchist collective do if a woman w/child is brutally raped and murdered? there, see? penalty assessed, law and order, blah blah.

so, in this case it would appear that first the radio towers are an eye sore. the science behind the arguements are rather flimsy so i won't call it a public health issue. the community, by and large wanted them gone, the radio stations could've updated them with new towers or mod transmitters and didn't and the commissioners remained complicent. so ELF, always the media hungry adolescent, ran to the rescue.

now, had someone in the community done the dirt, i'd back it %100. if the ELF person is from there, fine. and once again, i support the community's right to self determination even if their goverment refuses to act (hell that's how the US came into existence).

i don't support ELF. never had much respect for them for a lot of unimportant reasons. if you're gonna fight a war don't be opportunistic about it. see, that's kinda intersting that the whole navajo thing came up. now we and this means each and every one of you reading this in the US, fought a war for this country against the indian nations [insert whatever pc term needed as i don't know of any] and won. victori spolia. that nice chair and terminal ur using is compliments of men and women like me who put our ass on the lines. yet the theme seems to be that it was unjust. upon examination of the ELF war, though, it's just? let me clairify that this is about the towers and not the navajo, ELF or who-the-fuck ever. just a footnote there as i couldn't resist! lol

i think, though, that toppling the towers gave some pretty good instant gratification (refer here to the DSM Vol. VI i think is the latest). see the problems w/instant gratification is that it only lasts a minute. i sure hope NO one is ignorant enough to believe that the radio station will not simply use the insurance money which ELF helps pay as they pay taxes when they buy fuel, beer, etc. to build newer, BIGGER ones!

sadly, it's loose-loose. it's a price that's paid if you have/like a cell phone, StP forum as u use a computer or telecommunications. and it's not going to change. look, the gov't tracks these folks down. i PROMISE you that ECHELON and DSM1000 (CARNIVORE/OMIVORE/DRAGONWARE SUITE) is monitoring this thread through packet sniffing. that's not to say that dissent is illegal, but when you decide to topple bullshit like AM radio towers, it's not the wisest allocation of manpower.

We agree on actually all the points. But you are missing a key piece of info that will tie my actions together and a lightbulb will go off in your head.

The elf burned down an 1,800 unit complex here in San Diego. There were people in it (not many but still) that barely got out in time. I have a friend that lived a couple of blocks away in another complex. What if the elf burned the complex my friend was in instead ? Hundreds would have died as it was done at night when people are asleep. There are people here that are still afraid that while they sleep at night the elf will set fire to their homes and kill them.

My vernacular eh ? Is it my horrible grammar ? My misspelling ? What is it about my vernacular that is particularly interesting ? I'd love to hear what you are able to glean about me from the words I choose. Interesting line of work you must have been in.

I enjoy discussing things with the "other" side to whatever my personal stance is. Most of the time it's eye opening and I learn something I would not have otherwise learned. I'm sure we'll be in a discussion on some thread here. I bet you have some interesting things to share.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Don't feed the troll folks.

bote

Reaction score
...the elf burned the complex my friend was in... There are people here that are still afraid that the elf will set fire to their homes and kill them.

There's no reasoning with him either, all the elf cares about is Runic manuscripts and other articles of Elven interest. There are many logics.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
]

NEAR SNOHOMISH, Wash. – .

"What they used was a machine called an excavator. It has a front arm off the front end of the machine. They stole it out of the yard," Andy Skotdal, president and general manager of KRKO. "They went and attached it to the tower and pushed one of them over and pulled the other one down."

QUOTE]
damn, if you are stupid enough not to know what an excavator is you have been listening to far too much AM radio

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads