San Francisco, CA | Squat the Planet

San Francisco, CA

N

NickCofphee

Depends on what you're into.

Haight-Ashbury is good for travellers, and there's free breakfast at Larkin St. (in Haight, by Buena Vista Park)

Golden Gate park is awesome, more places to chill than you can think of.

Take the BART to Berkely, hit up Telegraph. If you are into punk music, go to "Gilman St." Cool venue, a lot of free/cheap shows.

North by hitching, take the bus to the Golden Gate bridge, walk it, first onramp.

Richmond for freight, near oakland

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
telegraph in berkley is saturated with buskers and spangers.. i only made one dollar there playing banjo in one hour! cool musicians hang out on haight ashbury but unless you really have some good stuff or another person busking is slim due to competition. golden gate is full of homebums and traveler kids. i met some cool kids on haight-ashbury and theres lots of good music there too. clement street was the best for me busking by far if you are doing that gig..

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft
N

NickCofphee

I loved Telegraph! I realized that I didn't even need money there, I just cut straight to the source and asked for leftovers. Shit, 8 dollar vegan salads. HOUAM!

Plus Berkeley has FNB everyday, or close to it. You..you suck if you go hungry in Berkeley.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
half gallon...a few good kids.....bonfire on ocean beach...cant beat it....

Reactions: xRastaxRuggzx

Labea

Reaction score
i hate berkley. too many cops. no very good or hidden places to sleep (that i could find before being too tired to search anymore) trashes were too gross even for me to rummage through for food. the place is just too populated.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
yeah berkely is too fuckin "hip"... i mean theres lots of cool folks in a small area but......yeah....theres LOTS of "cool" people in a small area

nobo

Reaction score
berkeley has some of the best dumpsters ive ever seen. oakland too. semifredis bread dumpster?!?!?! amazing!!!!! if you hit up berkeley, camp out at the landfill....also known as the albany bowl, or water front. theres also a lot of woods you can stay in in the the hills. the busses are confusing though. if you need help im in the bay for the moment and ive been in and out of here for several years, you can pm me. san francisco has always been too overwhelming for me. berkeley also has the long haul info shop on shattuck. its a good place to chill out and meet other travelers. free coffee and food all the time!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
and the hamilton feedin, leave that place fuckin STUFFED every time....

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

moe

Reaction score
west coast. yup.
none of the city life though.
alot of assholes.
maybe just sit in the field and talk, smoke, fuck, drink, and have fun.
basically, here in chicago just pretty much sucks ass.
i don't want to have the college life, of the career.
my main destination is biloxi, mississippi.=D

maus

Reaction score
what do you mean its not easy? its too easy. pack your things and fucking split in the night. i was 16 and i even left a pile of blankets bunched up to make a fake body like in a movie or something. ha.

im confused why the title of this thread is sf. but anyway, bloomington isnt far and its nice.good place for travelers. so it was 5 years ago and so it still is i hear.

jade

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
well if you do go to san fransico there's a helluva lot there
when i was there i stayed in Golden Gate, and Buena Vista park, spanging is good on haight street and at the Castro, if you're a doode clean up a bit before you go to the castro and you'll get gay guys hitting on you offering you to buy you lunch, there's a HAYOT (homeless youth alliance of today) of haight & cole st. there's a larkin too, but i dunno there kinda tight ass jerks there sometimes. if you're into drugs you won't have any problem getting them.

Reactions: 40 Hands

moe

Reaction score
it's not too easy guys my parents have me brainwashed for a bit, i believe it when they tell me, everything is gonna be good, then they fuck me over, long story,
makes me want to run even more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads