Religion and spirituality discussion. [Civil conversation only!]

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well, Maybe a religion/spirtuality thread could be cool. As long as not TOO much bashing goes on of other people Ideals...

I dunno.... just an Idea...:mad: owwwee.... Damn thinking always hurts

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Religion/Spirtuality Thread?

I was thinking or something to add to general discutions.... Added to the fourm?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

im going to vote for just creating a thread for it... giving it it's own subforum would just create too much flaming of people's beliefs.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score

I'll just avoid the subject all together. Don't have religion or spiritual beliefs don't believe everything happens for a reason, I think shit just happens.

wartomods

Reaction score

i think shit is all connected, the world is just a big intrincated chain reaction machine. Maybe there is something else to that, maybe not, not something we can understand and should not even think about it, cause it is useless and only leads to stupid religions

M

Mouse

I think our world exists on the back of a giant cosmic turtle named Jimbo.

I think a religion thread woudl be fine. I would hope we're all smart and respectful enough to not force our beliefs on others... we're not the catholic missionary types, ya know? lol

though, I wont knock those missionary people who go out to Africa and stuff.. they do help those people a lot. Who cares if they teach them christianity or whatever.. at least they know how to read now?

M

Mouse

party pooper...

or we coudl just change the title of this thread and save space ;) it's more economical.

worship the gods of efficiency!

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Well cus I wonder if anyone else in here does the whole out of body stuff.

I have been, off n on, doing astral projection out of body um practice. More Astral Stuff, just cuirous if anyone else has had any exp. I have been doing lucid dreaming for like 15 years now, and getting quite apt at it. And have been trying to take that to the next lvl.

Or what else believes...

connerR

Banned
Reaction score
I'm against discussion on religion or politics on message boards because they are the two subjects almost guaranteed to ruin everything.

M

Mouse

astral projection - Back when I was about13-16 I was realyl into finding some sort of religion that made sense to me.. and going the way of most girls, I found Wicca. From learning about it I did try a few things.. astral projection being one of them. I succeeded once, I think, it's hard to say.

I did, however, get very good at lucid dreaming. Which, I feel is something anyone can and should do.l During that age I was experiencing a LOT of horrfying nightmares and I tried lucid dreaming in order to help myself change the direction my dreams were taking so that I could actually get sleep at night. Or, I would be able to yell at myself in my head to wake up and end a dream that had gone terribly wrong. It was extreamly useful.

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
When I was a kid I started lucid dreaming to have sex with chicks.... hey teenager...

Later I started doing shit like flying, making shit appear grow... Shapeshift... Cool shit. Then one day I tried to jump from my dream to someone elses... and I think I got lost.... And my astral projection studies started.

moe

Reaction score
someone gotta throw at me like the basics on how to start lucid dreaming. i have a book on dreams, tried, but nah. idk.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
I have had 4 out of body experences.. And one of em I wasnt even on drugs hahahahahaa...

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
someone gotta throw at me like the basics on how to start lucid dreaming. i have a book on dreams, tried, but nah. idk.

Wiki has some very good articles on that, I'm not really into it but I enjoy reading about different shit.

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Well alot of it has to do with people Taking for granted they are awake.

As you sit there right no reading this. how do you know your not dreaming this? I found setting alarms, for random times, and everytime I look at the clock to ask myseld, am I sleeping? Make it ingrained into you head to do "Reality Checks" and it should edvently carry over to your dreams... Shit zombies! Waaaiiittt a min, Zombies arent for real I must be sleeping.

Also Keep a dream journal. Right after a dream you wake from write it down. Or I found a tape recourder... One easyly used when half asleep, write or say some key words, and read them in a morning. But you got to write it down as soon as you wake from the dream. Not rolling back over and going back to bed.

The tricky part of lucid dreaming is TRYING to control stuff... You often want to FORCE your self... Liek running and walking.. but its kinda passive thing... Just think.. I want to go there and you should start moving. Man I ante had one in a month or so... but my work kinda makes it hard to practice it.

bote

Reaction score
i've had some lucid dreams, but not for several years now. Cool stuff, like perfect VR. I predict that a lucid dream inducer will be marketed one day soon, and then everybody will just dream away their days, like an internal internet.

CdCase123

Reaction score
"Within the Western model, we recognize and define 'psychosis' as a suboptimal state of consciousness that views 'reality' in a distorted way and does not recognize that distortion. It is therefore significant to note that from the mystical perspective, our usual state fits all the criteria of psychosis in that it is suboptimal, has a distorted view of reality, and does not recognize that distortion. Indeed, from the ultimate mystical perspective, psychosis can be defined as being trapped or attached to, any one state of consciousness, which by itself is necessarily limited and only relatively 'real'." Ram Dass

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads