Protection?

S

solo

U-locks are great because when most people look at them, they don't think weapon, unless they are thinking of attacking. It's very low key with lots of potential for unleashing brutality against thuggy boys out to prove themselves, or people in cars that come too close.

F

FrumpyWatkins

AntiProduct wrote:
my weapon is my skateboard. a skateboard truck to the head will stop someone pretty quick

At Desert Palms or something skate park in California some kid took a blow from a truck to the forehead from some pros's deck when he got cut off skating at a demo. Kid suffered major brain trauma, had memory reset, and a ton of stitches. Nice choice my man.

A

AtticOfThought

In my knife carrying days, I find that the shit Mouse said proves to be pretty true with cops.
The shitty thing is....Wish cops they give you less shit if your knife is NOT concealed....however you have more of an advantage on your attacker if it is.

When cops gimmie shit about my knife, i just explain that is for my food, act real calm like it aint no deal, and they lay off.

Sometimes, I carry a big rock on me, just to keep in my hand inside my hoodie pocket if shit gets real sketchy...

For free and legal mase....I heard ground up chilly peppers in water is good? Although, ive never tried it.
I like the idea about the wasp spray....

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
yeah, the spray works good but KEEP IN MIND, unlike mace or pepper spray, if you get it in your eyes it WILL blind you (or them).

TBone

Reaction score
AtticOfThought wrote:
For free and legal mase....I heard ground up chilly peppers in water is good?
Never heard of it but rubbing alcohol would work better. Capsicum is not water soluble and the alcohol would pull more of the essential oils out of the chili.

Reactions: Teko
A

AntiProduct

when you use a u lock to hit something do you just hold on the the thick piece and hit with the u shaped bar? i was looking at it and the u shaped bar goes way over your knuckles

Antics

Reaction score
yea for a U-lock hold the U part and smash with the black part. Does some serious damage, and even though you might think its a sneaky weapon, cops know.

I had one when stopped by a cop with no bike, and he picks it up and starts like flipping it around like a ninja and is like, hmm looks like a weapon to me!

U locks are the ultimate tool of justice against the fascist destructive forces of vehicular oppression. However keep in mind that Pepper spray and mace are 2 different things, Mace is a little harder to come by, but much more worth it.

H

Hoghead Bob

I keep weapons of mass destruction in my grip. (Its part of my wobbly plot to overthrow the yard office.) These guys in black SUVs keep following me around. Its kind of pesty.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
Haaaaaa... that's awesome.

walking stick is always a good deterrent. just watch teenage mutant ninja turtles a couple times and you'll figure it out:p

H

Hoghead Bob

Widerstand wrote:
What about the hobo-nunchucks, two railroad spikes with some wire holding them together!

Hey that reminds me, have you seen the "shoe tree" on the south end of Heather? I am going to tie some spikes together and paint them yellow and huck them up there tonight.

B

bakerdoo

I ride bike with my u-lock in my back pocket at all times
its easily accesable when riding and just plain effiecient
When you whip that out people usually back off
you could kill someone if you hit them in the head though
gotta be careful

H

Hoghead Bob

Widerstand wrote:
Hoghead Bob wrote:
[b]Widerstand wrote:[/b] [quote:gy3...t them yellow and huck them up there tonight.

I had no idea something like that was out there.[/quote:gy3uera8]

Yea, there is a tree near the bridge just past the south switch at Heather that is full of (painted) shoes and boots that railroaders throw into its branches.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this
31iB9lQkg7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
aren't hobo nunchuks kind of like smilies? padlock on the end of a chain? anyways..i'm gonna carry mace with me until it gets confiscated...but i've gotta say, the wasp/hornet spray is a damn good idea...!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
what about any kind of aerosol spray and a lighter....you've got yerself a hanheld blow torch :) with a little practice......no one's gonna want to take flame to the face

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
I have a padlock on the end of a chain in the glovebox of my car. I don't drive much anymore though and usually just keep my camping/hunting knife on my belt when I'm travelling. Also have an axe strapped to my pack and a few railroad spikes in the pockets (usually just collect them for a friend who makes knives, but there always seems to be at least one in my bag.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads