Places You Hate Most | Page 18 | Squat the Planet

Places You Hate Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse

Reaction score
houston, tx., charlotte, nc., pinellas county fla., clovis, nm., jackson, miss., chicago, il., toledo, oh., brunswick, md., miami beach, fl., bakersfield, ca., brownsville, tx.

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
Oh my fucking god, Baggs Wyoming. The same cop fucked with us anywhere we tried to go and would not let us hitchhike out. The mayor even bitched us out. Hell we had to walk like 3 miles out of town to hitch, there was like NO fuckin traffic except the occasional bum fuck rednecks in giant ass trucks or like old farmer motherfuckers... luckily, I dont know how, we managed to score a ride to Rock Springs from this rich lawyer dude who kicked us a 40 spot when we got out... lol. if you have to go through wyoming from colorado make sure you get to rock springs right away or green river where there is a yard if you wanna hop. if your thumbing get straight from rock springs or green river to evanston, or even better, the fuck out of there!!

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
gary indiana sucks.

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
no bums allowed in niceville, fl... not so nice
jackson, ms- hinds county jail sucks as well
malibu, ca but what else would you expect there
oregon is great despite you cant gas spange
dont go to wyoming, theres nothing there
dont care much for las cruces, dickhead cops overreacting
bakersfield, ca, only reason i didnt go to jail was because it was around xmas time

freedude2012

Reaction score
Oh my fucking god, Baggs Wyoming. The same cop fucked with us anywhere we tried to go and would not let us hitchhike out. The mayor even bitched us out. Hell we had to walk like 3 miles out of town to hitch, there was like NO fuckin traffic except the occasional bum fuck rednecks in giant ass trucks or like old farmer motherfuckers... luckily, I dont know how, we managed to score a ride to Rock Springs from this rich lawyer dude who kicked us a 40 spot when we got out... lol. if you have to go through wyoming from colorado make sure you get to rock springs right away or green river where there is a yard if you wanna hop. if your thumbing get straight from rock springs or green river to evanston, or even better, the fuck out of there!!

your lucky thats all the cop did and that sounds like a wyoming mayor.
i lived in wyoming for years among other things there aint to much i can say good bought the whole state the relations i have all live there sept my mom sis and 1 uncle and we dont get along and the only reason id bounce back through that desolet fucked up state is to see my kids other wise that place can sucked in to a bigger black hole than it is
but dont get me wrong there are awsome people that are there but not a hole lot

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
Not sure if there's already a thread about this, but please merge this if there is.

What are the places you hate the most, and never want to return to? This can be for practical or personal reasons.

So far, the two places I would never plan to go again would be Albany, NY, and Cleveland, OH.
lmao why dont you like cleveland? (i find it funny cuz my home town is not far)

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
i agree Elko sucks. but i think Pensecola is a pretty nice place to make money, also theres an island you have to walk on the tracks over water to get to, good spot to sleep and not get fucked with.

Dead horse

Reaction score
wheres all the canadian's?
CANADA EH.. I'd have to say Calgary... Ya ya I know a lot of people think Cow-town is cool shit but i always get jacked up by the cops there, panning usually sucks balls, i get into more beefs with people easily, the train yard is shit and i can't walk 2 blocks with out being asked if i need anything.. Other then Cabano Quebec can go fuck itself for lack of easy rides and the coffee shop not speaking a hint of English

Torque

Reaction score
San Luis Obispo, Ca has some awesome spots but the cops and the local grocers suck ass hitch was pretty hard but I ended up getting my favorite ride ever (Got taken Spelunking and repelling at pirates cove on the SLO coast near pismo beach)
Reno,NV Worst hitch ever!! (shoulda hopped)
Most of So. Cal sucks for travelling Especially Salinas The feed was in Crack alley which was really an entire block of homebum cardboard shacks crrrraaaazy place
Yes and UTAH!
Most of Florida
Wyoming! People suck!!

W

wehavethemap

every major city pretty much sucks, it's worth it to get out in the bfe of all places to just appreciate that places go way beyond the people that inhabit them

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like Cleveland because I'm used to downtown being a place to hang out, and it certainly was a sketchy terrible scene, and I had people asking me for a cigarette as soon as I stepped out of the bus station and every 3 minutes from thereon out. The only safe space we found to sleep was at the railyard out towards the East. More because of my personal experience and not knowing a single soul and having everyone look at me really confused when I asked where other travelers might hang out.

Calgary is not really that much fun, certainly not. Nobody hangs around there 'less they get stuck or are running low on sleep and need a place to hang out. There's a few places close-ish to downtown that are good to sleep, and it's pretty easy to ride the C-Train for free. Nothing happening there except cowboys and stripbars and a few dreadheads down at Kensington, which is fun for about 1 hour. At least there is a night park there. Overally, Calgary is just to sprawly-metropolitan-conservo-oil town. I'm almost willing to best that if you are wearing a backpack in that town, some 28 year old guy will come up to you, sober or drunk at 5pm, downtown, and offer you reno or construction work or tell you to stay in Calgary if you want to earn some serious money. That is probably the only good reason to stick around in Calgary, unless you have friends there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads