Places You Hate Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Hagerstown, Maryland
agreed!....my opinion is tainted by the fact i went to jail there...but yeah..one of those old railroad towns that used to be poppin and hoppin...now it's just dying
Lynchburg, VA
same with Lynchburg....you can tell there used to be a "heyday" back in the day....but now it's pretty ghetto(even tho i actually really like lynchburg...and hagerstown...just cuz there's lots of train action)

Velcrow

Reaction score
Vegas wasnt that bad. there's epic re-frys everywhere and theres drinks everywhere that you can just pick up. also hotels are like only $30. and the spange is great too. i flew a sign in the median and got a $100 kicked down. it was crazy. but the worst place ive ever been is probably Oakland. i was there for 3 days until i was finally able to hop out

nonsovile7

Reaction score
I agree. I used to hate places but as i started traveling more and returned to these places once again i started to ... not hate anywhere haha. i find something fun to do everywhere i go. For travelers, ya'll sure seem to hate EVERYWHERE. The only place i don't live is the west coast. So i don't go there haha. I go as far west as new mexico, then go back east

Reactions: wokofshame
E

Earth

I've often wondered if it's all relative, like nothing changes anyway no matter where one goes...
(*at least within the United States anyway)
I mean, honestly - every town / city has it's good and bad atributes...........
(hard to believe i'd use a word like that, ay??)

Believeing too that it's all what one makes of it in the first place.

"Happy to have what one is happy to have you've got to be happy to have what you want to be happy with"
- King Crimson

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've often wondered if it's all relative, like nothing changes anyway no matter where one goes...
(*at least within the United States anyway)
I mean, honestly - every town / city has it's good and bad atributes...........
(hard to believe i'd use a word like that, ay??)

Believeing too that it's all what one makes of it in the first place.

"Happy to have what one is happy to have you've got to be happy to have what you want to be happy with"
- King Crimson
WRONG.
Sorry, I agree to some extent that enjoying a place is subjective, but here are a few examples of shitty places that you cannot deny:
Williams, California: A really small christian retirement community, where I have gotten stuck hitching a few times, and there was evidence that I wasnt the first. A pile of signs by the ramp from "SanFran" bubbly letters and flowers, to SACRAMENTO in thick block letters, to ANYWHERE scribbled in hectic lettering across a roughly torn out piece of cardboard. If that werent omen enough, I spent 2 days waiting there for a ride, getting harassed by the cops (demanding to know where I sleep, searching me and giving me shit 3-4 times a day.)

I see nothing good about that place. I mean, sure, its subjective (relative I guess), but there is NOTHING good about that place unless you are 70+ years old and love Jesus.

Reactions: bryanpaul

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I agree. I used to hate places but as i started traveling more and returned to these places once again i started to ... not hate anywhere haha. i find something fun to do everywhere i go. For travelers, ya'll sure seem to hate EVERYWHERE. The only place i don't live is the west coast. So i don't go there haha. I go as far west as new mexico, then go back east
I think the thing about traveling is, you realize that you don't have to search for the nice things in a city. Sure, every place might have a nice side to it under all that shit, but who really wants to deal with digging through all of the shit when you can just go somewhere else that is good to you?

Just to add a few more to my list:
Paris. I dont see any reason to go here. Sure there is a ton of culture and famous buildings, the catacombs, music...
But in general, there are a lot (as in, all of them) of better cities in France. People are stressed out the ass, everything is expensive as all hell, you can try to escape to the edge of the city, but you will just find a lot of (sorry, not a xenophobe, I know good gypsies too) fucked up gypsies and immigrants (the last straw for me was a woman wearing gold rings and talking on her smartphone while meters away her 2 young children would not leave me alone, begging me for money because the were dirty and hungry and homeless. I nearly knocked her phone down her fucking throat...)

Amsterdam. I don't understand why so many people want to go here. You want to smoke weed, fuck whores, and sit on beautiful canals in a story-book looking city? go to Utrecht. You want to get ripped of for being a tourist, and be in a city where everyone is either a tourist, or stresses out the ass from living in a giant city full of tourists? go to A'dam

Frankfurt. Or for that matter, and city that is a trade center. Skyscrapers, everyone white and wearing suits, not a single person having the time of day to even say hello.

Luxembourg City. I Don't know if I can really say I hate the place, but the people can choke on a fat bag of dicks. Its a really funny place, because its like some sort of fantasy world, and you can find almost anything you could ever want and more for free. The mentality however is rotten when you here things like, "You know why Luxembourg is so great? Because it is a Disneyland! Look around you, everything is clean, all the houses are castles, it's an absolute Disneyland! Now if the rest of the world would just do this we wouldn't have to have wars or immigrants. Why don't the people in Africa just live like this?" <--this was said in all sincerity, this man really wondered why Africans didnt just live the bourgeois life.

bicycle

Reaction score
I think the thing about traveling is, you realize that you don't have to search for the nice things in a city. Sure, every place might have a nice side to it under all that shit, but who really wants to deal with digging through all of the shit when you can just go somewhere else that is good to you?

Amsterdam. I don't understand why so many people want to go here. You want to smoke weed, fuck whores, and sit on beautiful canals in a story-book looking city? go to Utrecht. You want to get ripped of for being a tourist, and be in a city where everyone is either a tourist, or stresses out the ass from living in a giant city full of tourists? go to A'dam

I can confirm this.
Amsterdam used to be cool some time, but those times are over.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org

I heartily concur.

Alaska

Reaction score
I hate Nebraska as a whole. Especially Omaha. My family is moving there now, too. It's pretty upsetting to know I have to go there, willingly, to say hello to my siblings.

Kodiak

Reaction score
too many fucking yuppies in that town. both towns.
True, but I went into Cabelas too warm up and three guy were talking in German to each other half drunk, then at Ihop, there was a lady with such a rich scottish accent I could barely understand her. Lots of diversity. A town 80 miles North West of there called Cavalier is a place I lived for a few months, and it had the highest amount of Icelandic people out of anytown in America. Way back in the day, the Gov gave icelandic people free land. People dog sled, and all the kids rode snowmobiels to school I loved that you can live 80 miles away from nearest Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads