Places You Hate Most | Page 15 | Squat the Planet

Places You Hate Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

180 Degrees

Reaction score
Pennsylvania ... particularly around Pittsburgh. I was stuck there one night waiting on my ride to come very next day. It was cold as hell and I found the perfect spot to squat the night and consequently had the strong desire to get some beer or whiskey to drink to sate my need for "warmth." You can't buy beer (any alcohol for that matter) in gas stations and the Alcohol Distribution Centers were already closed. This sucked ass.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Pennsylvania ... particularly around Pittsburgh. I was stuck there one night waiting on my ride to come very next day. It was cold as hell and I found the perfect spot to squat the night and consequently had the strong desire to get some beer or whiskey to drink to sate my need for "warmth." You can't buy beer (any alcohol for that matter) in gas stations and the Alcohol Distribution Centers were already closed. This sucked ass.
yeah fuck that! and your basically forced to buy at least a 24 pack..unless you wanna pay for 4 dollar 40's from a bar.....

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
West mempha Arkansas and Memphis. Upstate new York sucks the big one too. Especially west Memphis and Memphis though. No one ever go there if you can help it.

Not sure if there's already a thread about this, but please merge this if there is.

What are the places you hate the most, and never want to return to? This can be for practical or personal reasons.

So far, the two places I would never plan to go again would be Albany, NY, and Cleveland, OH.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
West memphis Arkansas.
definitely!!! memphis is bad enough but if your tryin to hitch or git off yer train in the arkansas side ....fuck....the cops were gonna take us to jail for loitering.....at a BUS STOP (?)....

Laz777

Reaction score
had hassles up 93 from Shoshone to Arco, then all was well in northern Idaho.
anywhere can suck sometimes, but not all the times.
never got stopped in Nevada before, just had 3 stops on my last trip through
but never felt as strong an urge to be out of anywhere as Redding, Ca.
there should be a sign on that town: "welcome to Redding, GTFO now while you have a chance"
and oh yeah, the central valley, bleh...even the nasty chicanos who live there don't want to be there.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
In the UK it has to be Essex, because there is nothing there, no squats, no chance of a ride, no decent places to go, no decent people to be with, it's just a consumer wilderness like the set of some horrific distopian sci-fi nightmare, full of fake-tanned women and preening idiot men cooing and trilling over their recent purchases and soaking up more TV than you would have thought humanly possible. The place should be cleansed by fire and turned into an ornamental garden.

Having said that, Brighton is pretty fucking awful and a very close second, but for different reasons. I mainly hate it because it is full of "travellers" who went to £16,000 a term boarding schools and live in squats while always having their trust-fund and daddy's little place in the country to fall back on if things get too real. It's a mecca for priveleged rich kids wanting to slum it while spending absurd sums of money on juggling balls and carved celtic rune-shoes. They also helped elect the country's first Green candidate who has spent her entire career trying to distance herself from the environmental movement.

Honestly, don't go to Brighton, ever. Just sit in a ditch eating dog-shit and glass, you'll have a much better time.

spudnic

Reaction score
im shocked no one said bakersfield, the train yard is okay besides the fact your surrounded by the ghetto and little mexican kids like to throw big ass rocks at you when your sitting in an abandoned gondola. hitcvhing out is imposible. They don't call it the armpit of california for no reason. the next yard is fresno a lot of times junk breaks up in their. and that place fucking blows. if you want to go south out of bakersfield takes you to LA. and that enough said about that. fuck bakersfield

Reactions: GloomyGoldfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads