periscopes?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever used a periscope on the rails. It seems like it'd come in handy for peeking out and being super stealth, something I might make for the next time I hop out.

C

Crazycoon

If you ever have to peek around a corner or from an object, always do so below chest level. At ground would be best, people are more likely to miss you.

Withoutatrace

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Yep monocular, I agree.
Mine has saved me miles of walking.
"Is that a macDonalds up the track or a John deer outlet - nopre a John Deer outlet."
With the monocular.

Withoutatrace

Polio

Reaction score
i got a periscope kicked down and i left it in asheville at a crunchy ecovillage worktrade place. usually they want money but they were allright. its called zim zam.

tallhorseman

Reaction score
I keep a small mirror, and when the bullets are flying, and I need to safely look around corners, I stick the mirror to the end of my bayonet with chewing gum...wait...that wasn't me...that was Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. Damn my imagination!!!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I could see how they would make life easier. one time our train stopped in the middle of nowhere and we couldn't figure out why. I used the zoom on camera I had at the time and I could actually see them working up ahead on the train. With my bare eyes I couldn't see shit.
So I guess it could go a ways in seeing if anyones around when your going to make your move. However for me its just one more thing to pack, and I'm all about keeping weight and space to an absolute minimum .

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads