Photos - One month in Russia | Squat the Planet

Photos One month in Russia

siid

Reaction score
here's some photos from my trip to Russia, mostly of abandoned stuff, mountains and rivers :)

Yaroslavl (very small old city 4 hours north east of Moscow)

View attachment 37911

View attachment 37912

View attachment 37913

View attachment 37914

This was something like an abandoned sports stadium

View attachment 37915

This is the center of the stadium where sports used to be played, this guy was just taking his goats for a walk Haha

View attachment 37916

View attachment 37917

View attachment 37918

Some more abandoned stuff, cant really tell ya much about it.

View attachment 37919

Cool street sign of 2 dudes lookin like theyre skankin, looks like a circle pit ahead Haha
--------
Pyatigorsk (city in south of Russia, near border with Georgia, it means "five mountains"- PYAT "five" GORSK "mountain" because you can see five mountain peaks from the city)

View attachment 37935

View attachment 37936

Some abandoned stuff we saw on our way to the top of a mountain

View attachment 37937

View attachment 37938

View attachment 37939

View attachment 37940

View attachment 37938

View attachment 37939

View attachment 37940

View attachment 37941

View attachment 37942

An old radio tower

View attachment 37943

Teberda River

View attachment 37922

View attachment 37923

We went rafting

View attachment 37924

View attachment 37925

View attachment 37926

View attachment 37927

View attachment 37928

View attachment 37929

Abandoned cow houses or some shit (abandoned by people, not the cows though, they were still squatting there )

View attachment 37930

View attachment 37931

View attachment 37932

View attachment 37933

View attachment 37934

View attachment 37921

cute russian dog named Tosik

Moscow

View attachment 37944

View attachment 37945

View attachment 37946

These three pictures ^ are the entrance to a souvenir market

View attachment 37947

The russian Krusty Krab!

View attachment 37948

Alice in Wonderland restaraunt! All the workers there dress up like Alice in Wonderland characters.

View attachment 37949

View attachment 37950

View attachment 37951

Probably the coolest thing I saw in Moscow

View attachment 37952

View attachment 37953

Red Square

Didnt like Moscow. More expensive than New York for no reason, lame shopping malls. Churches are kinda boring to look at. The people were boring to look at. They all look the same. Clones. Literally. People stared at me on trains and didnt know what to make of me, my skin color, appearance, piercings, and clothes or what the fuck am I and why. This is obviously a big tourist city, so I felt the whatthefuckareyou? sentiment more from people in smaller towns like Yaroslavl, but still felt in Moscow too. Felt like I was the pepper their salad was missing so I served it :p

Yaroslavl is a nice quiet little old fashioned town, nice scenery, beautiful river, cool abandoned stuff, but the people are very closed and dont go out of their way to be friendly or anything. I dont really remember seeing any brown people, so I was the brownest person that I saw. Brown people are exotic for Russians. So i've heard... from them. (By brown I mean spanish, african, indian, etc, Not brown as in people from the caucasus) Oh, one time I saw a group of Africans at the mall (some Africans come here to study) and it was very exciting! They stood out and really did look exotic. My boyfriend is from this town and he said the first time he saw black people and gay people was when he first came to the United States two years ago. So yeah.

Pyatigorsk was cool. People were friendly, welcoming and theres more brown people there too. I went to a store one night to buy some cookies or some shit and three drunk guys were in there and came up to me to stare and analyze me like I was an alien or some shit and they asked me what the fuck am i, who, where, when and why, so I told them who what where when and why and they were really excited to meet me and I was excited that they were so open to me as a stranger and someone completely different from them, they asked if I had been to all the mountains and seen all the cool shit and wanted me to see all the great things in their city.

I will post lataaa about South and Central america.

Last edited by a moderator:

bystander

Reaction score
fuckin' awesome-

Mother Russia has always been of interest to me, such a mystery..

thanks for sharing!!

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
here's some photos from my trip to Russia, mostly of abandoned stuff, mountains and rivers :)

Yaroslavl (very small old city 4 hours north east of Moscow)

View attachment 37911

View attachment 37912

View attachment 37913

View attachment 37914

This was something like an abandoned sports stadium

View attachment 37915

This is the center of the stadium where sports used to be played, this guy was just taking his goats for a walk Haha

View attachment 37916

View attachment 37917

View attachment 37918

Some more abandoned stuff, cant really tell ya much about it.

View attachment 37919

Cool street sign of 2 dudes lookin like theyre skankin, looks like a circle pit ahead Haha
--------
Pyatigorsk (city in south of Russia, near border with Georgia, it means "five mountains"- PYAT "five" GORSK "mountain" because you can see five mountain peaks from the city)

View attachment 37935

View attachment 37936

Some abandoned stuff we saw on our way to the top of a mountain

View attachment 37937

View attachment 37938

View attachment 37939

View attachment 37940

View attachment 37938

View attachment 37939

View attachment 37940

View attachment 37941

View attachment 37942

An old radio tower

View attachment 37943

Teberda River

View attachment 37922

View attachment 37923

We went rafting

View attachment 37924

View attachment 37925

View attachment 37926

View attachment 37927

View attachment 37928

View attachment 37929

Abandoned cow houses or some shit (abandoned by people, not the cows though, they were still squatting there )

View attachment 37930

View attachment 37931

View attachment 37932

View attachment 37933

View attachment 37934

View attachment 37921

cute russian dog named Tosik

Moscow

View attachment 37944

View attachment 37945

View attachment 37946

These three pictures ^ are the entrance to a souvenir market

View attachment 37947

The russian Krusty Krab!

View attachment 37948

Alice in Wonderland restaraunt! All the workers there dress up like Alice in Wonderland characters.

View attachment 37949

View attachment 37950

View attachment 37951

Probably the coolest thing I saw in Moscow

View attachment 37952

View attachment 37953

Red Square

Didnt like Moscow. More expensive than New York for no reason, lame shopping malls. Churches are kinda boring to look at. The people were boring to look at. They all look the same. Clones. Literally. People stared at me on trains and didnt know what to make of me, my skin color, appearance, piercings, and clothes or what the fuck am I and why. This is obviously a big tourist city, so I felt the whatthefuckareyou? sentiment more from people in smaller towns like Yaroslavl, but still felt in Moscow too. Felt like I was the pepper their salad was missing so I served it :p

Yaroslavl is a nice quiet little old fashioned town, nice scenery, beautiful river, cool abandoned stuff, but the people are very closed and dont go out of their way to be friendly or anything. I dont really remember seeing any brown people, so I was the brownest person that I saw. Brown people are exotic for Russians. So i've heard... from them. (By brown I mean spanish, african, indian, etc, Not brown as in people from the caucasus) Oh, one time I saw a group of Africans at the mall (some Africans come here to study) and it was very exciting! They stood out and really did look exotic. My boyfriend is from this town and he said the first time he saw black people and gay people was when he first came to the United States two years ago. So yeah.

Pyatigorsk was cool. People were friendly, welcoming and theres more brown people there too. I went to a store one night to buy some cookies or some shit and three drunk guys were in there and came up to me to stare and analyze me like I was an alien or some shit and they asked me what the fuck am i, who, where, when and why, so I told them who what where when and why and they were really excited to meet me and I was excited that they were so open to me as a stranger and someone completely different from them, they asked if I had been to all the mountains and seen all the cool shit and wanted me to see all the great things in their city.

I will post lataaa about South and Central america.
Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see a tourist prospective on Russia. I mean, I said it's not very popular place to travel to among westerners and you pretty much described why.
I had a American boyfriend visit me once in Moscow, and he was walking around very scared lol. Yea, people don't appear or try to pretend they are friendly whatsoever. But when you actually meet someone it's very different. Russians are very curious and open people when you meet, and they don't smile just out of trying to appear 'nice' and happy to a stranger, they call it American smile, which is synonym to fake smile. There are cultural differences for sure. As Russia has never really being the west or the East, Eurasia in it's uniqness.
I'm from Moscow and I'm queer, so I definitely saw black brown and queer people before I came to the USA. They are exotic though and certainly unusual and get abused by nationalists etc.
Btw, funny point, when i I came to America, I thought that there is no racism here. Lol

rootmyth

Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised about Moscow. Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

roughdraft

Reaction score
This made me smile so much, thank you very much for the post!

Especially that street sign - immediately caused my mind to sing "With the cobra we draaank, and the shit we were talkin', in the tenderloin gutter we were crack-city rockin'" maybe that's just me though XD

Alice in Wonderland restaurant, and the man walking his goats XD also very intriguing

NIKITA

Reaction score
thumbs-up! Dying kommunism in all sorts of shines and colours. i wish it could be some part of USA like Alaska now...

BTW! SO truth about "brown people" in moscow , im one of em, i use to live in south east part of moscow since i was 6 so can tell what kinda crap is there to be in my shoes, i almost had no friends out there cuz of my colour, people d like to ask meabout my feelings, nostalgy and crap, but aint feel nothin, just wasted time, hence after all NO REGRETS AT ALL)))

YAY my first post up here!
gonna catch tomAtos from yall!)))

• Sad
Reactions: marmar

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
thumbs-up! Dying kommunism in all sorts of shines and colours. i wish it could be some part of USA like Alaska now...

BTW! SO truth about "brown people" in moscow , im one of em, i use to live in south east part of moscow since i was 6 so can tell what kinda crap is there to be in my shoes, i almost had no friends out there cuz of my colour, people d like to ask meabout my feelings, nostalgy and crap, but aint feel nothin, just wasted time, hence after all NO REGRETS AT ALL)))

YAY my first post up here!
gonna catch tomAtos from yall!)))

Welcome to stp! South East of Moscow is pretty much all brow nowadays btw.im sure you d have many friends now:)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads