1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Photos One month in Russia

Discussion in 'Travel Stories' started by siid, Jul 11, 2017.

1. siid

siid Hungry for Knowledge

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    circus worker
    City:
    New York
    State:
    NY
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +71 / -0
    here's some photos from my trip to Russia, mostly of abandoned stuff, mountains and rivers :)

Yaroslavl (very small old city 4 hours north east of Moscow)

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

This was something like an abandoned sports stadium

IMG_1788.JPG

This is the center of the stadium where sports used to be played, this guy was just taking his goats for a walk Haha

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

Some more abandoned stuff, cant really tell ya much about it.

IMG_1835.JPG

Cool street sign of 2 dudes lookin like theyre skankin, looks like a circle pit ahead Haha
    --------
    Pyatigorsk (city in south of Russia, near border with Georgia, it means "five mountains"- PYAT "five" GORSK "mountain" because you can see five mountain peaks from the city)

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Some abandoned stuff we saw on our way to the top of a mountain

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

An old radio tower

IMG_2205.JPG

Teberda River

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

We went rafting

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

Abandoned cow houses or some shit (abandoned by people, not the cows though, they were still squatting there )

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

cute russian dog named Tosik

Moscow

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

These three pictures ^ are the entrance to a souvenir market

IMG_2456.JPG

The russian Krusty Krab!

IMG_2457.JPG

Alice in Wonderland restaraunt! All the workers there dress up like Alice in Wonderland characters.

IMG_2659.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

Probably the coolest thing I saw in Moscow

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2705.JPG

Red Square

Didnt like Moscow. More expensive than New York for no reason, lame shopping malls. Churches are kinda boring to look at. The people were boring to look at. They all look the same. Clones. Literally. People stared at me on trains and didnt know what to make of me, my skin color, appearance, piercings, and clothes or what the fuck am I and why. This is obviously a big tourist city, so I felt the whatthefuckareyou? sentiment more from people in smaller towns like Yaroslavl, but still felt in Moscow too. Felt like I was the pepper their salad was missing so I served it :p

Yaroslavl is a nice quiet little old fashioned town, nice scenery, beautiful river, cool abandoned stuff, but the people are very closed and dont go out of their way to be friendly or anything. I dont really remember seeing any brown people, so I was the brownest person that I saw. Brown people are exotic for Russians. So i've heard... from them. (By brown I mean spanish, african, indian, etc, Not brown as in people from the caucasus) Oh, one time I saw a group of Africans at the mall (some Africans come here to study) and it was very exciting! They stood out and really did look exotic. My boyfriend is from this town and he said the first time he saw black people and gay people was when he first came to the United States two years ago. So yeah.

Pyatigorsk was cool. People were friendly, welcoming and theres more brown people there too. I went to a store one night to buy some cookies or some shit and three drunk guys were in there and came up to me to stare and analyze me like I was an alien or some shit and they asked me what the fuck am i, who, where, when and why, so I told them who what where when and why and they were really excited to meet me and I was excited that they were so open to me as a stranger and someone completely different from them, they asked if I had been to all the mountains and seen all the cool shit and wanted me to see all the great things in their city.

I will post lataaa about South and Central america.

• Like Like x 5
    • Epic Epic x 4
  2. bystander

bystander observing
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Mr. Rager
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    fuckin' awesome-

Mother Russia has always been of interest to me, such a mystery..

thanks for sharing!!

3. marmar

marmar One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    Bum
    City:
    Denver
    State:
    CO
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +81 / -2
    Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see a tourist prospective on Russia. I mean, I said it's not very popular place to travel to among westerners and you pretty much described why.
    I had a American boyfriend visit me once in Moscow, and he was walking around very scared lol. Yea, people don't appear or try to pretend they are friendly whatsoever. But when you actually meet someone it's very different. Russians are very curious and open people when you meet, and they don't smile just out of trying to appear 'nice' and happy to a stranger, they call it American smile, which is synonym to fake smile. There are cultural differences for sure. As Russia has never really being the west or the East, Eurasia in it's uniqness.
    I'm from Moscow and I'm queer, so I definitely saw black brown and queer people before I came to the USA. They are exotic though and certainly unusual and get abused by nationalists etc.
    Btw, funny point, when i I came to America, I thought that there is no racism here. Lol

• Like Like x 3