2016 Jamboree - Official 2016 Jamboree Rideshare/Road dog Thread | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Official 2016 Jamboree Rideshare/Road dog Thread

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

timetoleave

Reaction score
I will be coming from Indianapolis. Probably take me a week to get down 1-40 since it's not even September yet. Anyone who needs a ride along that stretch I'm happy to give you a lift. Help with gas or food is appreciated but never required. Can take 2-3 people depending on how much shit you have with you.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

SafeTravels

Reaction score
I'm looking for a ride to the Jam and i'm down to throw some money down on the pitch if anybody is heading through Kansas on there way let me know!!

The Albino Buffalo

Reaction score
If things go as planned I should be driving from LA over to the slabs for the jamboree in my 96 buick park Ave. Technically I could take 5 people with me if really need be, but I'd much rather take 4 so I can have my elbow room up front. Anyway. Message me if anyone in LA or en route to the slabs or in the general area needs pickup and what not.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
OK.. by the time the Jambo happens, I should have $200 for the pot.

At the present moment I want to deliver my van to the library, as either a project vehicle for Matt, or as a second vehicle for the library.

This means either towing my truck with the van, or finding someone with a clean license to drive a rental behind me, who needs a trip into the slabs or LA, *before* the Jambo..
i would cover the fuel & drop them off before driving back.

when i come to the jambo, i'm only going to have a small, two seat truck (so far as i know), and to the best of my knowledge, Tude is riding with me.

i'll know more in a couple of days regarding my scheduling..

so that's what's down, at the moment..

Bluiris

Reaction score
Hi, if anyone is going through Colorado after the 17th of October I would really love a ride. I know it's pushin it but I only just joined the site and realized. Anyhoo let me know if that's possible. Thank ya lovelies!

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

Archon Haz

Reaction score
Hey peoples, as I've posted in another thread I have decided to come to the Jambo this year. Thing is I'm coming out of country and it would feel really forced if I came their by plane. So I want to meet up with someone to Road-trip/Hitchhike, since I'm flying in it doesnt really matter where you are starting, but I want to get ou tto the states early october. HIt me up.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
it would feel really forced if I came their by plane.
I get why you would feel that way but I know there are a few people who are coming in by plane. It's not cheating and nobody's gonna give you shit for it. If you'd prefer to hitch, do it by all means but don't feel like you have to in order to prove anything.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I get why you would feel that way but I know there are a few people who are coming in by plane. It's not cheating and nobody's gonna give you shit for it. If you'd prefer to hitch, do it by all means but don't feel like you have to in order to prove anything.

exactly what i was going to say. some people have jobs and myself and 2 mods are flying into san diego and driving out :)

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Archon Haz

Reaction score
Thanx for the good attitude mate. But you have to understand that where I live you can't drive farther than three hours in any direction. The longest I've ever hitched was two hours tops. Y'all Vagabonds and nomads and trainhoppers inspire the shit out of me, nothings going to stop me from coming to meet adventures folk.

I don't give much of a shit about what others think or say about me, but on a personal level, I would want the Jambo to be at least part way into an adventure and not at the begining , just to make it feel right.

But like I said, nothings going to stop me from coming. Might die any day and it would be a shame to ahve never seen the slabs

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Soo backstory: last month I was in Portland and felt like chasing a girl to Brooklyn (I can hear my great grandma saying "stupid, stupid, stupid. For prudence's sake!) so I bought a ticket for $270 to JFK. Well my flight to Chicago was overbooked, and so I volunteered to jump onto another one to Washington DC, and got a $250 voucher with United for doing so. Then it happened again! From IAD to LGA I was bumped for another $150 and, because my flight was the next day, they put me up in a 3 star Marriott AND gave me a $10 breakfast voucher. Insane shit. So I decided, after the girl turned out to be totally coked out and generally too much a mess for me, to head to the jambo with the flights. I scooped cheap ones and now that I got myself covered, I have two remaining balances on both vouchers.

The point: These are free for the use of anyone going to the jambo. They are valued at $111 and $22ish respectively and cannot be combined and they are for United airlines only (affiliates like Lufthansa maybe as well, can't tell). If you want to use them message me.

Also, I'm rolling into LAX october 11th, and after hanging with a friend there for a bit, I may ride my bike to the slabs, slow and easy over a few days for the hell of it. So if you wanna bike with, hit me up.

• Sad
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Soo backstory: last month I was in Portland and felt like chasing a girl to Brooklyn (I can hear my great grandma saying "stupid, stupid, stupid. For prudence's sake!) so I bought a ticket for $270 to JFK. Well my flight to Chicago was overbooked, and so I volunteered to jump onto another one to Washington DC, and got a $250 voucher with United for doing so. Then it happened again! From IAD to LGA I was bumped for another $150 and, because my flight was the next day, they put me up in a 3 star Marriott AND gave me a $10 breakfast voucher. Insane shit. So I decided, after the girl turned out to be totally coked out and generally too much a mess for me, to head to the jambo with the flights. I scooped cheap ones and now that I got myself covered, I have two remaining balances on both vouchers.

The point: These are free for the use of anyone going to the jambo. They are valued at $111 and $22ish respectively and cannot be combined and they are for United airlines only (affiliates like Lufthansa maybe as well, can't tell). If you want to use them message me.

Also, I'm rolling into LAX october 11th, and after hanging with a friend there for a bit, I may ride my bike to the slabs, slow and easy over a few days for the hell of it. So if you wanna bike with, hit me up.

that's pretty epic dude, thanks for the offer! i'm going to go ahead and facebook/tweet this if that's cool with you, so hopefully you'll get someone to take you up on it.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
I'm located in San Antonio- anyone going to the Jambo from any Texas cities? I could meet up with someone wherever they are located (or they meet up with me if they're in Houston since it would be on the way). I need a ride or a travel partner. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm located in San Antonio- anyone going to the Jambo from any Texas cities? I could meet up with someone wherever they are located (or they meet up with me if they're in Houston since it would be on the way). I need a ride or a travel partner. :)

man, i feel like we've had a bunch of people from texas posting lately, you might try the ride board or you could try searching for members with 'texas' in their profile.

https://squattheplanet.com/members/search/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads