Mutant fest?? | Squat the Planet

Mutant fest??

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Havent heard too much about it. it sounds ok from people that Ive talked to about it. Does anyone have any info on it? I cant seem to really find any for this year? Maybe its one of those stupid secret anarcho dont tell untill two days prior I dunno

bote

Reaction score
How it works is, anyone can go out and scout spots for it, and it pretty much only gets decided at the last minute. So nobody really knows too far in advance, because there is no selected spot. This helps weed out the bad, so I guess it is sort of selective, but I think in a good way, since most of the people that it weeds out are those who aren't willing to take the chance to go to the middle of nowhere on short notice (+drainbows)
I will say, it's fucking awesome and I haven't heard anyone who's gone say they didn't have a good time. Just head for the northwest around the time of it, you can count on the coordinates getting posted a couple days before.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Yeah I tried to make it last year I think it was in oregon but other stuff came up. Ill keepa look out though Ive heard good and bad but Ill see for myself it sounds cool but if it interferes with going to STP get together Im blowing it off of course.

Dameon

Reaction score
Last year it was out by Prineville in Oregon, and I went and had a blast. I enjoyed it a lot more than the national rainbow gathering. Where it is is pretty much a last minute decision, and I think the exact location only shows up on the website a few days ahead of time. Other than that, it's generally during the week of the full moon in June, I think.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
SWEET! I'll most likely go to this. It seems pretty kick ass.

Dameon

Reaction score
It's at the end of this month (June 29th-July 8th). You can pretty much assume it'll be in Oregon. I'm going to be there, will others? Maybe we should consider creating Squatters' camp there, for StP members/friends? Who'd be interested in coming and being part of this camp?

Things to remember: Absolutely definitely bring your own food and water. SPAZ camp usually shows up (apparently), and acts as a kitchen, but they weren't there last year so don't count on them. This isn't a rainbow gathering, where you can count on others to support you, although probably nobody will let you starve to death.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
id like to go to this... especially if i have the school bus.

stove

Reaction score
So, there's still no definite location, but I'm bumping this post back up because I'm hanging out in Oregon until the date is announced. After that and a trip to my new favorite store (WINCO! Thanks Arrow!) I'll be heading out to wherever the hell it's being held. Anyone else interested in meeting up/forming a lil StP camp? Look for me!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im going to this!!! im not traveling with anyone at the moment, so it'd be rad to hook up with you dameon and stove (and anyone else). ive been trying to go to mutant fest for a while, so i think this is the year!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is anyone on here driving out there? esp. from pdx would be great. i need to pick up some gear before i head out, i can pitch on gas too.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
I'll most likely be hitching and walking, as I am prone to do. STILL waiting on a location...

prepare to wait awhile... i tried to go two years ago. hung out in the designated area ( 200 mi. radius) for three weeks, and then found out THE day before that it was gonna be in norcal instead of NE Oregon.

got there the day most of the people had left at like dark.
which sucked. I heard it was great though, so have fun.

Dameon

Reaction score
I had no problem hitching last year. Best to just hang around Portland or Eugene until the definite location shows up on the website, and make tracks for Mutant Fest then. It looks like this year it'll be in SE Oregon.

stove

Reaction score
Hey so if a few people can pitch on gas I've got a friend with a bit of space willing to give lifts down from PDX in the next day or so. PM me if interested

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads