"Mountain Man" Dave, dead at 23.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I just got a phone call from Hesh. Our buddy David "The Mountain Man" committed suicide two days ago in Vermont. I don't have any other details on his death. David was a dear friend, and the happiest fucking train kid I ever met. He was a wilderness expert, and hard worker. While the rest of us were thinking up clever spanging schemes, he was whitling wooden jewelry and shooting game with his homemade sling. He was obsessed with nature and pagan spirituality, and kept a low profile and humble spirit. He had an affinity for the ganj and never let anyone go sober for lack of pitch. Many of you may have met him during Best Friends Day 8 this past summer. If you were lucky enough to know this amazing human being, drop a 40 for him tonight. We'll miss you, buddy.

l_fa72bb32f7b3455bbf20ecd9b08cbd2a.jpg

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
The world has lost a genuinely good fucking human being. I really wish the reason I'll be going to the liquor store tonight was so that we could drink together. In another life brother. Fuck.
The Ethos lives on.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Well said, Beyond.

If anyone has any way of contacting his parents or any of his friends in Vermont/Rhode Island, please let me know. I tried calling his cell phone hoping to get in touch with them, but obviously, it's been turned off. I'd very much like to send my condolences.

We were stoned once in Baltimore and he went on this long-winded rant about how he demanded a Viking funeral upon his passing. I hope he made good on it :)

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
That tattoo seems awesomely familiar to me, but can't say for sure quite if I did meet him..either way, taking a shot in his remembrance. Sounds like a cool fuckin guy. Sucks when I hear these kinds of stories. All though he shoulda pushed on, but I know how times are when they are at the absolute very lowest. My condolences to friends and family.

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I only met him in passing.. weird to have met someone and then they're gone.. this keeps happening more and more frequently the more people I go out and meet. Definitely makes me ponder some things. Part of the cycle.
Wish I'd gotten to know him, seems like he was great from what I hear.

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to give a little follow-up for those of you who knew Dave. On June 21st his wishes for a viking funeral were honored. Family and close friends gathered at a beach in southern RI and set fire to a viking boat built by one of Dave's friends. The weather was perfect--heavy fog, which reflected the heavy atomosphere as we all reflected on our fallen brother. He would have fucking loved it.
Still miss you brother. Nothin but love.

B.S.D.S.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads