Most Random Rides!!!!

tunnel

Reaction score
Last summer I was out west in BC, made my way to north van. to visit my cousin.

Got such a random ass ride there.
was just walking up lonsdale with my huge pack, and some guy in a jeep or something, with a kid in the car offered me a ride up the hill.
It was pretty awesome cause i wasnt even hitching, and the ride was like 3 mins , if that, it was only up to like 8th street or some shit from the water. also id say its pretty rare to get rides in the city(atleast non-sketchy rides id assume)ha, the guys just said that he though nobody should have to walk up that hill....ha

Anybody got some stories of awesome/random rides????

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
Me and my German Shepherd Bubba had just made camp near the tracks in Nebraska City, Nebraska after hopping off the train. I just started my camp fire and this guy walking his dog stopped and talked to me and told me that the next day he was heading to Omaha and if I wanted a ride, I could go with him. I just had to meet him at a place not too far from there for this ride.
We accepted his offer the next day and he dropped us off actaully right at the UP yards in Council Bluffs along with a fresh crisp $50.00 bill!

Dameon

Reaction score
One time I was in San Clamente, walking down the road to find a good on-ramp, and a guy pulled up in a van.
"Where's a good place to get weed?" he asked.
"Not San Clemente."
"Where are you going?"
"San Diego. You're more likely to find weed there than San Clamente."
He wound up giving me a ride down almost to San Diego, then his girlfriend in LA called and wanted to come, so we turned around, drove all the way back to LA, then all the way back to San Diego. He was a kind of crazy surfer dude who was constantly talking about how the government was watching him from helicopters, but still cool.

Reaction score
After 4 long nights in the Fort Rouge train yard in Winnipeg and no luck i decided to hitch to Brandon,which is about 200k to the east...

Got dropped off at the edge of town by friends and was picked up almost immediately by a woman with a child in the back who smoked crack the entire way.

After the first couple of times nearly running the car off the road i offered to steer while she toked on her pipe which suited suited us both fine.

She dropped me off down town,I sat under a bridge and was off out on a grain car that night!

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
August 08, on the boarder of PL/D In a truck stop, i was sleeping and some guy approached my girlfriend and asked in russian if she had a knife, she dosen't understand russian so she woke me up. I didn't have a knife, but i asked him if he was going to lithuania, he agreed to take us, so we ended up getting a ride home about ~800km in total :D.

July 06 in Germany, somewhere near road split to hamburg//rostock me and 2 girls were siting on the onramp drinking wine, a guy stopped in sportscar and asked if we need a ride to Rostock, and ofcourse we took it.

July 09 in Netherlands in "autobahn" to amsterdam with no place for a car to stop at about 3AM, a trucker made a stop, asked if we were christian, i said yes, so he took us to his comapnys truck stop, made us to take a shower, made chicken soup and hot choclate, we slept in his truck, and in the morning he took us on the road with another car, it was a wrong road ... but nvm :D.

Nym

Reaction score
i got picked up by a trucker in O.K.
and he had the coolest, most illegal pet in the diesel cab.
He had a Two-foot tall, wild live hawk, with a broken wing as a pet.
And it was NOT a happy hawk.
it tried to eat my puppy at the time like TWENTY times!
I got to feed it slivers of chicken by hand and that was kinda cool.

Cpt_knuckles

Reaction score
No lie
me and a friend snuck on a pirate ship.
it was a tourist center that looked like a pirate ship
Would probaly make the best squat pirate ship ever hahah
Someone should invent squat pirate ships.
Im written this in my book of things to do

stove

Reaction score
Dude Nym sounds like an interesting ride. Did the bird take any shots at you? I had a Peregrine Falcon try to kill me once, but I had rap'd over her house, so I guess it was kindasorta fair...

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
WOW. i want to feed a hawk.

Cool, except for the trying to eat the puppy part. I got a ride from someone once who had a manx cat that liked to ride shotgun on the dashboard. I think I prefer cute fat little cats that don't try to eat my dog, but to each his own.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No lie
me and a friend snuck on a pirate ship.
it was a tourist center that looked like a pirate ship
Would probaly make the best squat pirate ship ever hahah
Someone should invent squat pirate ships.
Im written this in my book of things to do

awww i tried to get on one of those but the owner came out and yelled at me. we then got into an arguement about how i thought it was a pirate ship and how i wanted to see his booty but he insisted it was an "exploration vessile" and he has no booty. I looked at his butt and agreed.:crew:

Cpt_knuckles

Reaction score
awww i tried to get on one of those but the owner came out and yelled at me. we then got into an arguement about how i thought it was a pirate ship and how i wanted to see his booty but he insisted it was an "exploration vessile" and he has no booty. I looked at his butt and agreed.:crew:

Butthole pirates!!!!! :O AH!:scared:

Animal

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I was walking from a friends place in long beach mississippi down this long ass street and for some fucked uup reason mississippi dosnt believe in sidewalks, so its the street, about a foot of grass and a ditch or fence or someones yard, sometime you get lucky and get a field, but yeah i was walking, tall blue hawk, leather jacket, blue boots , the works, and this mexican fellow rode by and stopped and backed up and asked me if i wanted a ride, so i hopped on in, i didnt have much more to walk but yeah he didnt look like a cerial killer lol. good thing to because soon ass we start driving off it started raining really bad.

story 2,

This one i love.

ok comming from this guy named nathans house and ran into this guy named warren and we went into the fuckin huge ass field concealed by trees and shit and smoked a bit, mind you this whole time i was on my way to my girlfriends (at the time) house. so i was on my way nice and stoned and i was about a block away from her house and this white van passed by and turned around and came back and stopped, man it was a van with three sexy punk chicks maaaaan! the works! i didnt think they even existed in that state man. they were like "hey whats up?" haha and im fuckin stoned as fuck man i was suprised i was even walking. they took me for a ride, gave ma about a pack of smokes and even got me a baked potato from wendys! i was fuckin happy. they were listening to the distillers and singing along. i never made it to my girlfriends place that day. it was one of the best rides ever.

Reactions: DankyKidd

fuck it!

Reaction score
hah, this weekend after about two hours of being lost IN MY HOME TOWN i had some guy tell his cabbie to pull over and pick me up. so i'm sittin with this dude in the back seat and i'm a little sketchy, willing to pay for my ride you know? maybe it was the alcohol or the part of town i was in but i was buggin out. no really, i was so drunk i didn't even know what was the name of the street i was trying to make it too. any way, after a short ride from south to north philly, he ended up just giving me a god pamphlet. hah. but once i got there and sobered up a bit i relized i walked the distance i was trying to go like 3 different times and just kept getting turned around. mostly because of my rediculous obsession with being friendly drunk and getting totally wrong directions from every one i walk by... and believeing it. for real, the only part of the conversation i remember went a little something like this:
"i used to do meth" - guy.
"haha, that's cool, why would you stop?" - me

FreeBHamster

Reaction score
some highway in northern oregon,me and my buddy got picked up by this dude and his girlfriend in an old school bad ass winnebago, it was shitty and huge, the bathtub was filled with beers and soda that they gave out for free. drove me right out to the ocean. turns out they were from poulsbo which is right next to my hometown. good people, said they were starting a new life headin to mexico.

KEVIlgeNius

Reaction score
Not random, but predictable... first ride in "The County" since the sun started to stare at canada. A 70+ year old couple drinking a 2-4 in a van picked me up and argued about being single (they weren't married, but looked like life partners). Warned me about the drinking and driving in the area and that i would probably only get picked up by drunks, interupting the sentence twice for sips. didn't even share any... typical

Ivy League

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You are one of the most interesting folks and I like it, don't stop being like that, really. It kind of reminds me of something my ex-boyfriend would say, but I just find it all funny and I do enjoy a good dark humored laugh. Oh me oh my.
hah, this weekend after about two hours of being lost IN MY HOME TOWN i had some guy tell his cabbie to pull over and pick me up. so i'm sittin with this dude in the back seat and i'm a little sketchy, willing to pay for my ride you know? maybe it was the alcohol or the part of town i was in but i was buggin out. no really, i was so drunk i didn't even know what was the name of the street i was trying to make it too. any way, after a short ride from south to north philly, he ended up just giving me a god pamphlet. hah. but once i got there and sobered up a bit i relized i walked the distance i was trying to go like 3 different times and just kept getting turned around. mostly because of my rediculous obsession with being friendly drunk and getting totally wrong directions from every one i walk by... and believeing it. for real, the only part of the conversation i remember went a little something like this:
"i used to do meth" - guy.
"haha, that's cool, why would you stop?" - me

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads