Intro + Poetry Video of Train Trip from OAK to PDX | Squat the Planet

Intro + Poetry Video of Train Trip from OAK to PDX

wheelingsteel

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My name's Kai Carlson-Wee and I write poetry about traveling in the midwest/pacific northwest. Here's a video I shot with my brother on a freight trip earlier this summer. We took the Sunday Night Special from Oakland to Portland and took some photos along the way. The video just got 'released' last week. If you've done this route you'll recognize Mt. Shasta.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool vid and poem! Welcome aboard - look forward to more!

misanthropicrustacian

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My name's Kai Carlson-Wee and I write poetry about traveling in the midwest/pacific northwest. Here's a video I shot with my brother on a freight trip earlier this summer. We took the Sunday Night Special from Oakland to Portland and took some photos along the way. The video just got 'released' last week. If you've done this route you'll recognize Mt. Shasta.

so where you guys hail from?

wheelingsteel

Reaction score
We're from the Fargo, ND area originally. Lots of beet fields and not much to do but drive around and skate. We've both done a lot of traveling on the highline route (CHI to Seattle) and the Northern Cascades in general. Now my brother lives in Nashville and I live in San Francisco. Never been to New Mexico, but really want to see that landscape.

S

spectacular

caught it last night and arrived this morning in roseville, operator said it was going to sparks NV eventually

Last edited:

Somebody

Reaction score
well i hopped out this morning...
freight carrying a bunch of cans headed north, so i jumped on.
2 hours later and it stops on a country road...
...in Stockton!?!

hitching north presently

S

spectacular

nice! better than nowhere I guess. there are trains going north to Roseville... made a mistake and ended up in stockon and caught on the leftmost line going north on a grainer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads