I-5 North from seattle | Squat the Planet

I-5 North from seattle

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, I'm looking to go up to Vancouver,B.C from Seattle in the next few days. I found lots of threads on going South from Seattle and North to Seattle but was wondering if anyone has experience hitching North from Seattle. Mainly just trying to find a good place to to put my thumb out :)

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
You can even take buses to Bellingham, starting EARLY in the morning, and for about $6.
I might suggest that, if you are gonna pay at all and take the bus to Everett, but if you wanna do it 'authentic' and totally free, hit the nothernmost I-5 spot you can get to with a "50 mi. PLEASE" sign large and legible. That'll move you to Everett or so, where you can then fly that sign again at the next on-ramp.
The buses will deliver you quicker, for minimal cost.
Please do report what you do and how it goes!

cricketonthemove

Reaction score
How long are you planning on bein in Van for? I'm heading that way in a couple days. Gonna go trip around the Island for a bit. If you're up here for a bit and wanna meet up let me know

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the tips guys, I ended up hitching out of Seattle with a late start and made it Bellingham, stayed overnight, then bussed it up to Blaine where I got rejected entry and then hitched back down to B-ham.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
This has gotten a lot harder the last few years. But it's really not that hard. As long as you say your going somewhere, that's usually good enough. An address is good, even if it's just the address of a friend or a hostel. If you say you don't know where your going and you don't know who your going to see, they will turn you back at the border, but shit can you really blame them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads