I-5 North from seattle (1 Viewer)

JonnyDrainpipe

Pilgrim
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, I'm looking to go up to Vancouver,B.C from Seattle in the next few days. I found lots of threads on going South from Seattle and North to Seattle but was wondering if anyone has experience hitching North from Seattle. Mainly just trying to find a good place to to put my thumb out :)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

veggieguy12

The Captain
You can even take buses to Bellingham, starting EARLY in the morning, and for about $6.
I might suggest that, if you are gonna pay at all and take the bus to Everett, but if you wanna do it 'authentic' and totally free, hit the nothernmost I-5 spot you can get to with a "50 mi. PLEASE" sign large and legible. That'll move you to Everett or so, where you can then fly that sign again at the next on-ramp.
The buses will deliver you quicker, for minimal cost.
Please do report what you do and how it goes!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
you can get all the way to blaine on the buses if you wanna go that way. I know they were up'ing the fare last time i was up that way (08). But im sure it isnt too expensive regardless.

How long are you planning on bein in Van for? I'm heading that way in a couple days. Gonna go trip around the Island for a bit. If you're up here for a bit and wanna meet up let me know

OP
JonnyDrainpipe

JonnyDrainpipe

Pilgrim
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the tips guys, I ended up hitching out of Seattle with a late start and made it Bellingham, stayed overnight, then bussed it up to Blaine where I got rejected entry and then hitched back down to B-ham.

Needed proof of employment and bank account balance.
You used to be able to get around that shit by showing any debit/credit card with your name on it and saying that you were self employed. They won't let me in now for a whole buncha reasons so its been a few years since I tried.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
This has gotten a lot harder the last few years. But it's really not that hard. As long as you say your going somewhere, that's usually good enough. An address is good, even if it's just the address of a friend or a hostel. If you say you don't know where your going and you don't know who your going to see, they will turn you back at the border, but shit can you really blame them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.