how to pull a tooth | Squat the Planet

how to pull a tooth

V

victimofasicksociety

depends on how strong your jaw is. if the bone tissue surrounding the tooth is necrotic, a jolly rancher will work. or find a college with a dental program. theres a great one in gainesville, got mine pulled for $70

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
if the bone tissue surrounding the tooth is necrotic, then a rotten tooth can be the least of the problems.

V

victimofasicksociety

yeah, bit of a typo on my part. shoulda been "if the bone tissue is NOT necrotic" , if it is, it HAS to be drilled out. last thing anyone needs is healthy tissue healing over an infection, especially that close to the brain. theres also a mission in lancaster that has a free medical, dental & vision clinic a few times a week, unfortunately, sobriety is mandatory.

Double-A

Reaction score
yep, i'd have to totally agree. I know the pain caused by a serious toothache, and i know the pain of trying to pull it out. you'll more than likely just brake it or chip it like i did, and dentists aren't open at 2 am after you've drank your fair share of beer. i pitched a sob story to my dentist and he set up a paymet plan. it helps if you've been seeing 1 dentist for a while too.

kai

Reaction score
paying at dental schools seems like a scam...I'm glad I live in canada, we might pay a shit ton more for beer and cigarettes but being able to go to a major university and get all your dental needs for free is awesome, or if in Quebec at a CSLC or at some youth drop ins and most big city missions can set you up with a pull for free.

DigitalYouth

Reaction score
Yeah, DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. thats one of those things where you really need to get it done by a dentist (or at least somebody who knows what their doing) my sister is a dentist so i hear about this kind of stuff all the time from her. i agree with going to a dental school. chances are theres one located somewhere near you.

wartomods

Reaction score
You should get it repaired , if you dont wanna waste money leave as it is , support the pain and live with the fact you wont have any tooth in the end of the process

sleep

Reaction score
Read ch.11 "taking out a tooth" from the link below however I only recommend this if you are really really in need of a tooth extraction and cant find any other means of getting it done.

Hesperian Foundation

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads