how to pull a tooth (1 Viewer)

animalcrust

Lurker
anybody got any good tips on pullin teeth cuz i got a few that r rotting out and hurt like hell

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
V

victimofasicksociety

I deleted myself
depends on how strong your jaw is. if the bone tissue surrounding the tooth is necrotic, a jolly rancher will work. or find a college with a dental program. theres a great one in gainesville, got mine pulled for $70

finn

Playground Monitor
if the bone tissue surrounding the tooth is necrotic, then a rotten tooth can be the least of the problems.

V

victimofasicksociety

I deleted myself
yeah, bit of a typo on my part. shoulda been "if the bone tissue is NOT necrotic" , if it is, it HAS to be drilled out. last thing anyone needs is healthy tissue healing over an infection, especially that close to the brain. theres also a mission in lancaster that has a free medical, dental & vision clinic a few times a week, unfortunately, sobriety is mandatory.

elokupa

DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF

i know a guy who tried it, his tooth didnt come out, it just broke and he passed out, presumably because of the pain

Double-A

Lurker
yep, i'd have to totally agree. I know the pain caused by a serious toothache, and i know the pain of trying to pull it out. you'll more than likely just brake it or chip it like i did, and dentists aren't open at 2 am after you've drank your fair share of beer. i pitched a sob story to my dentist and he set up a paymet plan. it helps if you've been seeing 1 dentist for a while too.

kai

Pilgrim
paying at dental schools seems like a scam...I'm glad I live in canada, we might pay a shit ton more for beer and cigarettes but being able to go to a major university and get all your dental needs for free is awesome, or if in Quebec at a CSLC or at some youth drop ins and most big city missions can set you up with a pull for free.

DigitalYouth

Lurker
Yeah, DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. thats one of those things where you really need to get it done by a dentist (or at least somebody who knows what their doing) my sister is a dentist so i hear about this kind of stuff all the time from her. i agree with going to a dental school. chances are theres one located somewhere near you.

wartomods

Rambler
You should get it repaired , if you dont wanna waste money leave as it is , support the pain and live with the fact you wont have any tooth in the end of the process

sleep

Lurker
Read ch.11 "taking out a tooth" from the link below however I only recommend this if you are really really in need of a tooth extraction and cant find any other means of getting it done.

Hesperian Foundation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.