How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels? | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels?

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
yeah theyre great i used to run around barefoot all the time but then they started not letting me in shopds for not wearing shoes ,go figure,but yeah i love em :)

Haha, just sorted out my photos and found two related ...

Flip-Flops, Winter Edition:

sf7.png

No shoes at all (they fell apart in London), arriving in cold Cologne:

Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-03-28 12:22:16.png

Haha

youngbuckwithapickuptruck

Reaction score
if im on foot (with bike), 1pants, 1 shorts + thin tshirt, large tshirt, a light clean tshirt, longsleeve flannel and a hoodie or jacket
5pairs of underwear, 8pairs of socks
possibly a onsie and a towel
i dont go anywhere cold and im usually not far between rooms, 8sox, 5 undies will keep me fresh for a minute. jesus fuck, i stuff every corner of my truck with clean socks and underwear
im about to head to GDL mexico and i was looking at hostel rates and they want $20 a night? what the fuck? isnt that how much a nice room in a nice hotel in the nice part of town cost in mexico?

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
clothes depends on the journey really, like now I'm in Idaho and wouldent dare leave without being loaded down... then getting someplace warm I would ditch some and save some but my entire wardrobe would change

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
My current total clothing kit includes:

1 x jean shorts
2 x leggings
3 x pairs of socks
3 x shirts
1 x athletic shorts
1 x pair of boots
2 x bras
1 x sweatshirt
1 x rain jacket
1 x down puffer jacket

Every time I set off I usually leave with 2 shirts and end up picking another up along the way :p so it's technically about 3 complete outfits. Works good for me, then I have the athletic shorts and a shirt to wear when I'm washing/drying the rest of my clothes

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thisreminds me I\ need to do my laundry.... ! I'm workbumming but I got three jeans... one rip stop ..., bs.... n four tshirst...a hoddie\ turrttel neck... got kicked down a duck cloth jacket... old boots... buncha socks baseball hat sunglasses...

yea it's

A

AlwaysLost

Thisreminds me I\ need to do my laundry.... ! I'm workbumming but I got three jeans... one rip stop ..., bs.... n four tshirst...a hoddie\ turrttel neck... got kicked down a duck cloth jacket... old boots... buncha socks baseball hat sunglasses...

yea it's

what happened to those holy jeans you found under the bridge?

• Haha

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
what happened to those holy jeans you found under the bridge?

Din't find shit... that was an Odin original leather patch n all...

Gone they be... I seem to tear... rip... n mudie all my pants... pisses off the normies in my life. lol

A

AlwaysLost

When I get to Chicago
Din't find shit... that was an Odin original leather patch n all...

Gone they be... I seem to tear... rip... n mudie all my pants... pisses off the normies in my life. lol

lol me too bro...Only problem with upgrading my wardrobe is these yuppie clothes cant hold up to my lifestyle.

• Haha

FromNowhere

Reaction score
2 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of shorts
5 black shirts
5 button up shirts
3 pairs of socks (i rarely wear shoes if i can get away with it)
5 pairs of underwear (i used to go commando until i split a pair of pants right down the middle at a skatepark and there were small kids with parents nearby whilst my junk was swinging in the breeze. i found a new use for my skateboard that day.)
1 pair flip flops
1 pair shoes
1 judo gi
1 hoodie
1 rain jacket
and various thermal tops and bottoms if its cold at night.
*i live in a van, so i can carry a little extra than what goes in a pack.

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
When traveling over seas for work, I have packed everything I needed in my messenger bag. Ended up doing laundry every third or fourth day.

Wear
- one complete set of clothes (business casual)

Packed
- 1 pair pants
- 3 hang up shirts
- 3 changes of underwear and socks

Left limited options for evenings, but I was able to stay pretty comfortable for weeks in an office environment without getting too funky.

This was for traveling in SE Asia and I really wanted to avoid checking luggage.

I also had two laptops and other office equipment in a bag that fit easily in the overhead compartment of the plane.

When back packing, I usually only bring a change of base layers and a pair or two extra socks to save on weight. I can air out alternate days of base layers to keep them from getting too rank. Haven't been out on any super long term hikes.

For car camping, it's about the same as the business attire, except for something more appropriate for camping. Again, doing laundry every few days is good. Can go months with just two or three changes of clothes

Reactions: FromNowhere

FromNowhere

Reaction score
When traveling over seas for work, I have packed everything I needed in my messenger bag. Ended up doing laundry every third or fourth day.

Wear
- one complete set of clothes (business casual)

Packed
- 1 pair pants
- 3 hang up shirts
- 3 changes of underwear and socks

Left limited options for evenings, but I was able to stay pretty comfortable for weeks in an office environment without getting too funky.

This was for traveling in SE Asia and I really wanted to avoid checking luggage.

I also had two laptops and other office equipment in a bag that fit easily in the overhead compartment of the plane.

When back packing, I usually only bring a change of base layers and a pair or two extra socks to save on weight. I can air out alternate days of base layers to keep them from getting too rank. Haven't been out on any super long term hikes.

For car camping, it's about the same as the business attire, except for something more appropriate for camping. Again, doing laundry every few days is good. Can go months with just two or three changes of clothes
Checking luggage is the WORST! I haven't checked a bag since the 90's. There's lots of things you can acquire for cheap or free at your destination anyway, so packing one backpack is typically all I ever do. Two laptops? Oh man, I was living that life for a while. I actually had 3 at one point, ugh! Hopefully all I ever carry now is 1.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
i used to go commando until i split a pair of pants right down the middle at a skatepark

That's why I almost always wear underwear. Had it a few times that I sat down with legs crossed and ended up with a huge rip in the crotch area.

Worst experience with going commando was with a pair of sweatpants with age-worn elastic. I don't like sweatpants anyway, but those were really bad. They fell down to my ankles a few times. (Luckily I was more or less alone then.) Was really happy as I got jeans again (and underwear) ...

• Haha
Reactions: Odin and Art101

Art101

Reaction score
Depends to be honest.This next trip Im going to be a touch of a clothes horse.I have to spend time with fam and friends.So prob 3 full sets of clothes besides the usual 6 pairs of sox.May ride in my kilt this year.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads