How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels?

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeahhh I gotcha on that one... I'm gunna be going in summer so I think I'd even be good without a sleep bag. Idk I was thinking a tarp tied up with a sleeping bag on my back instead of a pack

But idk... I'm sure I'm just gunna get a pack because I'm gunna wanna bring stuff last second lol

6bummin6it6

Reaction score
i tend to go in my birth-day suit most the time...

but in all seriousness, 2 pair of boxers, full set of thermal underwear(pants and shirt) 2 pair of pants, 2 t-shirts, one long sleeve shirt, 3 pair of socks ( 1ankle, 2 crew), maybe some warm, puffy socks, combat boots, light hoodie, denim vest, wool p-coat or if you can get a trench coat, get one, you can make it into a p-coat with some safety pins, and its like a sleeping bag that you can walk in, i love trench coats with a passion, greatest thing ever. and a hat for cold weather, keep that heat in ya know?

pants covered in patches are pretty warm, then you put a pair of regular pants under those, and thermals under your regular pants, bullet proof. then a thermal shirt, t-shirt, hoodie, denim vest, and wool p-coat, i have been out when the temp is in the negative and been just fine with all that, huddled in my sleeping bag next to a fire.

good luck out there to all of you

wombatt

Reaction score
Website
nogodsnomasterz.tumblr.com
all clothing I bring for each season
wintertime stuffs:
1 pair of carhartt bibs self insulated with flanel
2 pairs of canadian military undies (super antibacterial and are pretty awesome just to say you own)
1 pair of moisture wicking longjohn bottoms
2 T-shirts
3 light longsleeve shirts (I wear them all at once normally so it dosnt take up any room in my pack and keeps me toasty
4 pairs of at least 90% wool socks
1 87% wool zip up sweater
1 mid weight french military jacket
1 pair of wool fleece mittens
1 (faux) fur russian hat with waterproofing on the outside and super fuzzy ear flaps
1 multi service RR baseball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes
1 pair of heavy duty workgloves that I clip to my pack
(I never keep clothes in my pack that arent in skivvy rolls so it dosnt take up much space)

summertime clothes:
3 T-shirts with the sleeves cutt off (makes them less stanky)
4 pairs of wool socks
2 pairs of canadian military underwhere
1 hoody
1 pair of bib overalls (same pair as above but I take out the insulation)
1 baseball cap (gotta be for a train company for extra traincore points)
1 pair of heavy duty workgloves
1 pair of crusty mcrusterson shorts

I could deffinately carry a lot less but this is comfortable for me and dosnt take up too much space in my pack. also no matter what season I always bring some sturdy boots of some sort.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I think for my next trip in summer I'll wear/take with me:

- 2 t-shirts
- 1 decent, light grey hoodie
- 1 old, black zipped hoodie
- 1 lined vest
- 1 lightweight rain jacket
- 2 pairs of blue jeans (or one pair of jeans and one pair of army bdu-style pants, don't know yet)
- 5 pairs of socks (I'll buy some woolen socks for this time)
- 5 pairs of underwear (boxer shorts or alike)
- 1 pair of shoes (most likely Converse Chucks)
- 1 pair of flip flops

So basically what I wear plus one change of clothing and some underwear/socks.

Planned activities: traveling by coach/train or hitchhiking, town to town, sleeping in hostels, at friends, in squats maybe or outside in Europe.

Leap

Reaction score
Usually I take
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 1 long sleeve flannel
  • 1 heavy hoodie
  • 1 vest
  • 1 pair of pants that I wear until they're unusable
  • 1 leather jacket with detachable lining
  • 2-3 pairs of underwear
  • 2 pairs of wool socks
  • 2 pairs of regular socks
  • 1 set(pants and top) of long underwear
I'm thinking of switching the leather for a canvas long sleeve + flannel work jacket that fits nice and snugly together. that leather jacket adds what feels like 10 lbs on my back.

only thing is there's been times where I'm all layered up with my leather and just warm enough.

Reactions: Anagor

hermitdan

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky having a van to travel in now. I don't have to limit myself to clothes that fit into a backpack, though I've done it in the past. Most important to me are extra socks and undies.
Anyone ever read Lee Child books? His lead character, Jack Reacher, travels with only a toothbrush in his pocket. When his clothes are dirty enough, he replaces them and throws the old ones away. A bit more drastic than I could ever be.

Reactions: Anagor
D

Deleted member 14481

I usually carry a bag full of clothes, but I've started changing things up - for clothes are so easily replaceable. I just make sure I have underwear and rotate everything else as I travel.

Renegade

Reaction score
One nylon shirt, one pair of BDU cargo pants, combat boots, 3 pairs of GI OD green wool socks, 3 pairs of black nylon ankle socks. 1 pair of shorts. 1 pair of light mechanic gloves..a few skanks In the color black. A pair of light sneakers And a hat. I usally stay in warm areas for the most part.. So i really have no need worry about being cold or heavy winter clothes.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
Nowadays only what I wear (t-shirt, army vest with lots of pockets, hoodie jacket, jeans, shoes). Everything totally worn out but it's okay for me. :)

Perhaps a pair of spare trousers and another t-shirt in the backpack, but not more than that.

Found out the way I travel it's easy to obtain stuff when you need it. Mostly even for free (at food runs or just finds on the street, donations). So I don't need to haul around a lot of stuff.

Art101

Reaction score
My pack load right contains I pair winter weight BDU's 2 sets of long underwear,1 heavy,1 light,100 count pack of bb wipes and 2 t shirts and a sweat shirt.I will be wearing my field jacket and waterproof bibs most of the time so they dont take up pack space and of course the usual load of 14 days food and 2 gallons of water.

Jonesy1997

Reaction score
Clothing: few Black tshirts, 2 pairs of jeans (i buy two pairs of the same if i like them), converse or skate shoes, hoodie, flannel shirt, beanie, underpants, socks and maybe some long johns, watch.

In bag:
Toiletries, sleeping bag, water, some food, blow up travel pillow, some pain killers and flu tablets, smartphone, charger....probably more stuff too but not that i can think of right now.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
and for some reason i always got flip flops with me although im fucked if i know why really

Flip flops are my favorite footwear, actually. Back in the days when I was at university I was notorious for wearing flip flops year round, even when there was snow on the streets. Once I held a lecture in Java programming and dressed up a little bit for that, including leather shoes. People were like "you own real shoes?!?" ... ::woot::

But of course, when traveling, footwear with better protection is advisable ...

Reactions: xpolx

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads