How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels? | Squat the Planet

How many pairs of clothes do you take with you on your travels?

Kash

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering, when you guys are traveling around how many pairs of clothes do you keep on you? For me I usually have 2-3 pairs of clothes (pants/shorts,shirt, socks, underwear) including the pair I'm wearing whenever I wander about. I've been thinking about cutting it down a pair. I also always have 2 thick jackets just in case my sleeping bag doesn't provide enough warmth. So yeah, that's my set up when it comes to pairs of clothing. How about you guys?

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
(total)...One pair of pants, 4 thin shirts for layering (2 tank tops, 2 vnecks), 2 bras, 4 pairs of low cut socks, one pair of boots. Maybe some thin/light shorts if I have any. Clothes can be washed, degenerative back problems from packing too heavy, cant. ;) but that goes for everything that you can do without. It's just not worth the future problems.

I'm actually bringing a hoodie this time around. Obviously in cooler parts of the united states (and colder seasons) or otherwise you'd need warmer shit.

Kash

Reaction score
Ah cool cool. Yeah I was considering cutting it to 1 pair of pants 1 pair of shorts. Maybe even sacking a jacket as I really haven't had to use more than 1. And you're definitely right about the back thing haha... Some days my back can hurt quite a bit. Maybe a sign I really should cut down some items :p

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Ah cool cool. Yeah I was considering cutting it to 1 pair of pants 1 pair of shorts. Maybe even sacking a jacket as I really haven't had to use more than 1. And you're definitely right about the back thing haha... Some days my back can hurt quite a bit. Maybe a sign I really should cut down some items :p

Yeah dude pants are a lot of extra weight and they don't get dirty that fast so it's not like you need to change them all the time unless you're getting disgusting. Instead of the extra jacket just bring some thermals.

Unslap

Reaction score
My only clothes are what im wearing, plus a hoodie and some extra undies/socks. I like black pants because they dont show dirt.

Reactions: ayyyjayyy

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
i bring 2 sets of clothes one for the road and one for in town when i need to blend in(ie. button up shirt, non ripped or patched pants), 3 pairs of socks 1 wool sweater as well as longjohns and a thermal long sleeve. then as the weather gets colder i'll pick up a jacket or extra layers from the goodwill then pass them on to someone else when its not needed anymore.

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
i bring 2 sets of clothes one for the road and one for in town when i need to blend in(ie. button up shirt, non ripped or patched pants), 3 pairs of socks 1 wool sweater as well as longjohns and a thermal long sleeve. then as the weather gets colder i'll pick up a jacket or extra layers from the goodwill then pass them on to someone else when its not needed anymore.

Yeah totally makes sense to have normal clothes. I'm incorporating that into my stuff by wearing pants that can go either way and aren't all shitty torn up but are strong and aren't going to fall apart. An extra pair of slip on shoes (super thin and light) are my alternative to my boots.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
1 pair of good durable jeans
1 pair of thin quick drying shorts
1 button up long sleeve
3 tee shirts
1 thermal shirt and 1 thermal long underwear
1 jacket if im going through cold areas
4 pairs of underwear and 4 pairs of socks.
I'm usually wearing most of this so its not as much in my pack as it seems.
I highly recommend quick drying clothes though they're lacking in the warmth department.

Reactions: Marc ebach67

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
If you want to blend in in town you might wanna take a shower with you too.. Just saying..
Clothes won't hide the dirt and stink.
i only go into town if i really have to so i usually take a bottle shower before i put my "town cloths" on and always keep them in a big ziplock bag away from my other clothes. i just find i get hassled a lot less, works just fine for me.

Doc Road

Reaction score
Yo thats wuts up, alomost forgot the baby wipes! I had to postpone one hop out just cuz. good for you freshNcleen;)
1 pair of jeans
1 pair of stretchy pants
2 shirts
hella underwear and socks

and this isn't clothing but i highly recommend bringin a pack of baby wipes

Doc Road

Reaction score
I find the punk look is best; Combat boots or chucks, blue jeans or dikies, old band shirt (cut to taste). good warm took or a shemagh(not to look crazy but to ware till the sun is gone), solid shades and of course one boss hide with gloves of equal bossyness. Back patches with neddleNthrids safety pins(LOTS!), to divide and conquer, hold all that shit together, later.

Dishka8643

Reaction score
for winter:

lower body:
1 pair of BDU pants.
1 pair "walls" insulated bib overalls
1 pair boxers
1 basketball shorts
3 pairs wool socks
8" leather boots
1 polypro thermal bottom

upper body:
1 carhartt insulated "active" jacket
1 cotton t shirt
1 wool sweater
1 wool flannel
1 hoodie

misc:
Wool hat, gloves, scarf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads