Hitchihiking Horror Stories?

S

Snail

Does anyone have any hitchhikging horror stories? Ones where the ride pretty much ends in "Look mother fucker, You either pull the car over or im steering is into on coming traffic!"?:eek:hmy:

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
I've had something like that happen to me, but it turned out it was all in my head.

I was in Williamstown Mass., right on the MA/VT border hitching north up 7. I had just gotten dropped off and had literally put down my pack and stuck out my thumb when a white pickup pulled over. This sinewy looking guy hops out of the passenger seat, I ask them where they are going, throw my pack in the bed of the truck and hop in the back seat. As I was getting in I realized that it was one of those pickups where the person in front has to get out first before the person in back (me) can get out. I didn't really think much of it though. So we were driving along making small talk--I guess the two guys used to be in the army together and were big into hunting and fishing blah blah blah. There was a pause in the conversation and the driver, this burly construction worker, turns back to me and asks if on my travels I'd ever had _____. Yeah I don't remember what it was he asked me, but it was called "twisted" something. Sounded pretty kinky to me. So I told him no then he turned to his friend laughing and said "looks like we've got a greenhorn here." He then proceded to ask me my age, which I told him. There was silence for probably 45 seconds, but it felt like an eternity as I sat in the back trying to come to terms with what I could only imagine I was going to face, and also try to figure out how the hell I was going to get out of the truck. So then the driver turns back around and asks me if, in my travels I had come across any homegrown. So turns out they were just asking me about weed, and I'm a fucking idiot. They were really nice guys, offered to by me breakfast and dropped me off at a "good" spot. Other than that I haven't had any scares or anything on my rides, but I'm sure they happen every once and a while.
Just use common sense and go with your gut and you should be fine.

M

Mouse

I never had any truely bad experiences... but the few times I hitched alone were never very comfortable. That's why I don't hitch alone anymore. That and the lack of company, it just sucks.

and being a girl, even with a travel partner or not, you tend to get asked for sex. It's to be expected. But one thing I've learned is that usually a simple "sorry buddy" shuts down a pervert really quickly.

Think of it this way... they are already insecure enough to be asking for sex from a random dirty hitchhiking girl.. they don't generally have the gutts to stand up for themselves if you say NO.

the only time I had a shitty experience was when I was alone hitching from Newport News to Richmond. This vietnam vet picked me up and then after like 5 mins stated he was looking for sex. I said "well, then I guess you picked up the wrong girl" he whined about how women never wanted him and i tried to steer the convo elsewhere but instead I ended up having to humor him a lil becaus he wouldn't stop complaining. blah blah blah... just creepy guy in general. He dropped me in a shitty spot.

I ended up hitching BACk to where I was staying the week before because I had left my rat with an ex and felt misserable for leaving my baby (the rat, not the lame ass boyfriend) behind. So the lame and creepy ride was totally not worth it.

another time we got stuck for 2 days in AZ west of flagstaff... real middle of nowhere, dry as a bone, bake in the sun, think you're never gonna escape type place. But it wasn't all too bad because we hung out with this old school hitcher under the bridge and ended up FINALLY get a sweet ride all the way into L.A. fromt his really nice trucker.

M

Mady

The worst thats ever happened to me was people expecting something in return, and kicking me out when they didnt get it. Besides that hitching is really safe, Id recomend some Mace just in case though.

Reactions: NamelessExistence
T

trangus

the only creepy thing ever happened recently, and i been at it for like 4 years. on van island for fucks sake! this fat silver haired native guy with no teeth kept starin at my balls. i know it was comin so i just let him sweat it out. finally it was almost time to get out and he shot the question
"i bet u could really use 20 bucks"
"well yeah, i could"
"ill give u a 20 if i can suck ur dick"
" i appreciate the offer, but im really straight"

like 40 minutes of gettin my balls stared at and knowin what was up and just playin with the energy of the car. at first he thought he had the upper hand on uncomfortability, but in the end he probably felt like a real jackass. talked to a few of my friends, and this guy does this all the time to hitchers on the island. if ur here and hitchin, and get picked up by him, have some fun. i always think its funny to beat somebody at their own game.

T

trangus

also in sedona az, got picked up by babylon bob. fuckin cool old guy, but eatin pills and drinkin sparks all day make babylon drive bad on big cliffs. what a fuckin rush!!!

L

leftoverstraps

i didn't run into too much trouble while on the road but i did run into a guy that me and my ex call the hitchhiker killer in south carolina
he picks us up and has a full backseat says he'll take us up one exit then half way to the exit says fuck it lets party so he got a hotel room and bought us dinner then we get back to the room and he made us shower (we reeked like all hell) then he asked us what our drug of choice was so we said coke and he left to get some coke he was gone for a couple of hours and we started thinking he was weird and whatnot then he comes back with the most crack i have ever seen in my life at first i was hesitant about smokeing crack with this guy he was really weird but then i caved we smoked for hours and finally we ran out and the high wore off and i passed out my ex was gonna stay awake because we didn't trust the guy (don't know if it was the crack or his weirdness) well he passed out for a minute or 2 and i wake up to feeling someone rubbing my ass at first i thought it was my ex so i was like wtf but then i realized weird guy wasn't in his bed so i squeezed my ex's hand really hard and he woke up i guess weird guy realized we were awake cuz he flipped the lights on and said it was time to go and that he was gonna take us all the way to florida he went out to his car real quick and i explained what happened to my ex then weird guy comes back and tells us he's got thousands of dollars worth of checks under the back seat we go out side and he was trying to rip the back seats out we figured he was making room for our bodies so we told him we weren't taking the ride and took off into the woods

C

Cush

i've been stabbed to death and disembowled on the road. It happened once on my first trip out and then another time last october. it's a real fucking drag when that happens.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
Not really a horror story, but I got stuck in the middle of Washington on Highway 20 in September. It froze that night and I didn't have my sleeping bag, only a parka. I couldn't sleep anyways, though, because I decided to eat an eighth of mushrooms. I thought I was going to get eaten by a cougar or something.

R

reXfeReL

i always use hitching as a last resort. The general populus (picking randoms up) are all fucted somehow or another, depending on where you are at of course. The times i have, i always made note of the license plate # and texted it back to wifey who knows where im at. If something bad happens, at least someone has some info on where you were @ last. Has never happened, but if shit gets funny, you can always let the driver know that you've done this, might persuade him/her to think twice?

Donturd

Reaction score
i was hitchin small from minneapolis to menomonie WI and i got picked up at this exit right up from the road from some venue and this really skinny wrinkeled up face fuck pulls and says get in. and we start rollin up the highway and i ask him where hes headed he says eau clair so i say hey man im goin to menomonie yada yada yada... and menomonie is on the way soooo.... we get to exit 45(outskirts of menomonie and he pulls into a stop and says im sleeping here. so i say ok and start to grab my geeter and open the door and he says GET THE FUCK OUT and punches me in the teeth and i roll out and he drives off.
and i never seen him again.
not a horror story but i didnt think it was all that normal of a ride.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Ok so me and my friend Gus are on the 101 in California 5 miles north of the town of Willits. We just got done visiting his brother who lives out in the sticks out there. There isnt much room on this particular strech of highway and we have been there 2 hours already. Then outta nowhere this old beat up van kinda just stops in the middle of the road and a toothless man and his huge, scraggly, wife motions for us to get in. We get in and they explain in a thick southern accent "weeeear from Arkansaaaaw!" We make small talk and the whole time were goin down the road the wife is swervin into oncoming traffic (keep in mind were winding our way thru the mountains, many huge drop offs)Then she drops it down to 20 miles under the speed limit and stacks up a line of cars behind her. She starts complaining to her husband." thair a ridin ma ass" He says to her " Honey git ma gun" She hands him what appears to be a glock and he starts waving it around all over the place. Me and Gus are startin to freak out at this point but we just kinda maintain nervous laughs and smiles. Their both obviously fucked up outta their gourds. We were like 2 miles from town and he climbs out the window and points his gun at the car behind us while were trying to tell him that were about to come into town and the cops arent very friendly at which point he climbs back in and says in a casual tone " aww hell its just a pellet gun, i wasnt gonna do anything no how" they pulled over and let us out and offered us some oxycontins (which explained the wifes lack of driving skills) and went on their way. Crazy backwoods yokels!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Ok so me and my friend Gus are on the 101 in California 5 miles north of the town of Willits. We just got done visiting his brother who lives out in the sticks out there. There isnt much room on this particular strech of highway and we have been there 2 hours already. Then outta nowhere this old beat up van kinda just stops in the middle of the road and a toothless man and his huge, scraggly, wife motions for us to get in. We get in and they explain in a thick southern accent "weeeear from Arkansaaaaw!" We make small talk and the whole time were goin down the road the wife is swervin into oncoming traffic (keep in mind were winding our way thru the mountains, many huge drop offs)Then she drops it down to 20 miles under the speed limit and stacks up a line of cars behind her. She starts complaining to her husband." thair a ridin ma ass" He says to her " Honey git ma gun" She hands him what appears to be a glock and he starts waving it around all over the place. Me and Gus are startin to freak out at this point but we just kinda maintain nervous laughs and smiles. Their both obviously fucked up outta their gourds. We were like 2 miles from town and he climbs out the window and points his gun at the car behind us while were trying to tell him that were about to come into town and the cops arent very friendly at which point he climbs back in and says in a casual tone " aww hell its just a pellet gun, i wasnt gonna do anything no how" they pulled over and let us out and offered us some oxycontins (which explained the wifes lack of driving skills) and went on their way. Crazy backwoods yokels!

nobo

Reaction score
Cush wrote:
i've been stabbed to death and disembowled on the road. It happened once on my first trip out and then another time last october. it's a real fucking drag when that happens.

hahahahahaha that totally caught me off gaurd.

the worst time ive ever had hitching was when i got picked up by this middle/new aged hippie just going from santa cruz to sf. he talked the whole way about crystals and spirits, dont get me wrong...interesting enough stuff but by the time we reached pacifica i was ready to either jump out or grab the wheel and push it into on coming traffic.

C

Clit Comander

Beyond The Sun wrote:
I've had something like that happen to me, but it turned out it was all in my head.

I was in Williamstown Mass., right on the MA/VT border hitching north up 7. I had just gotten dropped off and had literally put down my pack and stuck out my thumb when a white pickup pulled over. This sinewy looking guy hops out of the passenger seat, I ask them where they are going, throw my pack in the bed of the truck and hop in the back seat. As I was getting in I realized that it was one of those pickups where the person in front has to get out first before the person in back (me) can get out. I didn't really think much of it though. So we were driving along making small talk--I guess the two guys used to be in the army together and were big into hunting and fishing blah blah blah. There was a pause in the conversation and the driver, this burly construction worker, turns back to me and asks if on my travels I'd ever had _____. Yeah I don't remember what it was he asked me, but it was called "twisted" something. Sounded pretty kinky to me. So I told him no then he turned to his friend laughing and said "looks like we've got a greenhorn here." He then proceded to ask me my age, which I told him. There was silence for probably 45 seconds, but it felt like an eternity as I sat in the back trying to come to terms with what I could only imagine I was going to face, and also try to figure out how the hell I was going to get out of the truck. So then the driver turns back around and asks me if, in my travels I had come across any homegrown. So turns out they were just asking me about weed, and I'm a fucking idiot. They were really nice guys, offered to by me breakfast and dropped me off at a "good" spot. Other than that I haven't had any scares or anything on my rides, but I'm sure they happen every once and a while.
Just use common sense and go with your gut and you should be fine.

or carry a knife

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Hoghead Bob wrote:
Clean wrote:
THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PICKUP HITCHIKE...D FAGGOT PREACHERS.[/quote] And railroaders.

Yah...right. I had a nice fella pick me up once in revelstoke BC, and gave me a ride to Winnipeg. It turned out the guy was David Milgard. He did 26 years in Canadian Federal Prison for a murder he did not commit. There is STILL an government (bullshit) enquery about the fuck up. It was a real eye opening experience. I've hitched across Canada at least a dozen times, and has always been a great time.

M

Mouse

leftoverstraps wrote:
i didn't run into too much trouble while on the road but i did run into a guy that me and my ex call the hitchhiker killer in south carolina
he picks us up and has a full backseat says he'll take us up one exit then half way to the exit says fuck it lets party so he got a hotel room and bought us dinner then we get back to the room and he made us shower (we reeked like all hell) then he asked us what our drug of choice was so we said coke and he left to get some coke he was gone for a couple of hours and we started thinking he was weird and whatnot then he comes back with the most crack i have ever seen in my life at first i was hesitant about smokeing crack with this guy he was really weird but then i caved we smoked for hours and finally we ran out and the high wore off and i passed out my ex was gonna stay awake because we didn't trust the guy (don't know if it was the crack or his weirdness) well he passed out for a minute or 2 and i wake up to feeling someone rubbing my ass at first i thought it was my ex so i was like wtf but then i realized weird guy wasn't in his bed so i squeezed my ex's hand really hard and he woke up i guess weird guy realized we were awake cuz he flipped the lights on and said it was time to go and that he was gonna take us all the way to florida he went out to his car real quick and i explained what happened to my ex then weird guy comes back and tells us he's got thousands of dollars worth of checks under the back seat we go out side and he was trying to rip the back seats out we figured he was making room for our bodies so we told him we weren't taking the ride and took off into the woods

yikes.

remember that guy outside of baltimroe that rented a hotel room for us and bought of a shit ton of beer and then he vanished? the Ghost Trucker as I like to call him. I wonder if he died or something. it was really weird... but nice. free beer and a comfy room.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads