high tech homeless

anne

Reaction score
Website
mobilecondo.blogspot.com
Hi Everyone!

This is a great site and I’ve really enjoyed reading about so many different experiences with squatting and life in general.

I’m 24 years old. I bought a house a few years ago, got married, in a few months I’ll have a degree in Psychology… Really, I’ve been trying to do all the things that seem appropriate in mainstream society but something has always felt really off about it. It’s all painfully exhausting and goes against pretty much everything I care about.

So my husband and I bought a box truck that we’re turning into a living space and just letting the rest slowly fade away. We're going to get solar panels, filter our own water and things like that so we won’t necessarily be squatting. Although, I think we face a lot of similar issues, like finding a place to park without getting hassled, not having a permanent residence, etc. I think I’ll learn a lot from you guys.

Nice to meet you. :)

Anne

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
no, she's genuine... that's a cool site too anne, i can't wait to see what becomes of your new house! thanks for joining stp, we should chat sometime about conversions!

wartomods

Reaction score
welcome, there is an awsome internet site that can help youm it has texts and photos about different people who live in their vehicles, and all the gadgets and strategies they created. Can someone help me, i saw a link for this here, but i dont remeber the name.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Howdy,Anne!Good idea,and hope the conversion goes well.Should be rady by early spring to do about the same thing meself,and wonder how many other folks in the U.S. are contemplating the same idea.Best of luck,but remember ;there's pyrates out there.......

Reactions: anne

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I was walking near a mall in Austin, tx. And met this guy who converted a school bus into a motorhome, and lives out of that for the most part, and you can drink on it...

CdCase123

Reaction score
psychology and religion go hand and hand. perhaps contradictory isnt the best word but , whether we choose to practice or not; just acknowledging the notion of religion itself, regardless of its values, demonstrates to us the continuity it maintains, and the cultural roles it has influenced amongst human beings, and that in itself gives rise to endless aspects of psychology, sociology and anthropology. especially for things like eastern religion and philosophy, which divulge a huge value and focus massively on psychology and vise-versa. my intensive understanding of either, or, is pretty limited but its just surprising that someone could be so interested in one subject yet be so dismissive to another that compliments it so frequently.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I see religion as an institution and psychology as a study. I also don't really understand what you mean here :

"just acknowledging the notion of religion itself, regardless of its values, demonstrates to us the continuity it maintains, and the cultural roles it has influenced amongst human beings, and that in itself gives rise to endless aspects of psychology, sociology and anthropology."

Are you saying that because religion can influence psychology, sociology and anthropology that religion is like these things?

anne

Reaction score
Website
mobilecondo.blogspot.com
psychology and religion go hand and hand. perhaps contradictory isnt the best word but , whether we choose to practice or not; just acknowledging the notion of religion itself, regardless of its values, demonstrates to us the continuity it maintains, and the cultural roles it has influenced amongst human beings, and that in itself gives rise to endless aspects of psychology, sociology and anthropology. especially for things like eastern religion and philosophy, which divulge a huge value and focus massively on psychology and vise-versa. my intensive understanding of either, or, is pretty limited but its just surprising that someone could be so interested in one subject yet be so dismissive to another that compliments it so frequently.

Psychology is a science, religion is not. Although, I guess I can see how you're trying to make the connection since psych is the study of mental functions and behaviors. Yes, it is a common behavior for people to make things up when they're not comfortable with facts or scary things like death.

I'm guessing that your religion is important to you, but it's boring and irrelevant to me so let's just move past it. You specifically picked a topic on my "dislikes" list, so I don't know what you were hoping to get out of this.

CdCase123

Reaction score
I'm guessing that your religion is important to you, but it's boring and irrelevant to me so let's just move past it. You specifically picked a topic on my "dislikes" list, so I don't know what you were hoping to get out of this.

I chose it because i saw it as paradoxical. please dont view it as an attack. i am so sick of things on the internet getting so misinterpreted when i mean things in a positive or objective nature and sometimes say things for the sake up stimulating and analyzing other peoples views and perspectives.

CdCase123

Reaction score
I see religion as an institution and psychology as a study. I also don't really understand what you mean here :

"just acknowledging the notion of religion itself, regardless of its values, demonstrates to us the continuity it maintains, and the cultural roles it has influenced amongst human beings, and that in itself gives rise to endless aspects of psychology, sociology and anthropology."

Are you saying that because religion can influence psychology, sociology and anthropology that religion is like these things?

the study of religion unveils many facets of the three subjects mentioned above, yes. we can examine how religion effects the psyche of the practitioner himself through direct adherence of that particular religion. we can examine how religion effects the psyche of an individual through an indirect relationship with it, (ie its cultural influences.) we can examine what the actual religion itself has to preach and how IT "views the psyche"; in some cases; how the psyche of a person can/should ideally react and abide in accordance to certain principals. (ie sin, karma etc)

anne

Reaction score
Website
mobilecondo.blogspot.com
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, everybody. :) I've been enjoying your stories and learning a lot on here. I'm especially glad that I came across the thread about squatters rights. I was thinking that I could use that to buy myself a bit more time in my house if needed but I'm glad that I know better now.

I just posted some more pictures of our progress on the truck (here) for anyone who is interested.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads