hey all!! im beez

ray beez

Reaction score
hello, im from VA. im happy to find a good "alternative travelling" site that isnt 100 people talking about how great this years rainbow gathering is gonna be. lol. i love it in VA, but am getting pretty bored here.im 18 almost 19 and i want to travel a little before i get too old get a apt or start schooling. im a little new to hitchiking/squatting i've only hitchiked to VA beach to go to a show, but know enough that i like the freedom and know enough that i hate having a job and a routine. plus its in my blood my dear ol daddy was road dog, so thought its my turn to get out there. i was going to go across country this month(va to tx then to ca then we would be back by sept.) but my friend backed out on me and im a little devestated, so im trying to pick myself up and maybe just head out on my own. im a rollergirl on the antihero derby team of fredericksburg va. i also am a avid bike rider, and like restoring classic bikes. i would really like to learn how to modify them. i play the trumpet, and a little harmonica. anyways thats a little about me :)

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you'd be perfect for traveling. Everything you need or want to know you can find on here, or just ask we're all here to help eachother out.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome! I'm new as well.
I loved what I saw of Virginia. I was in Richmond for Best Friends Day, which was the best weekend of my life. Were you there at all?

ray beez

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new as well.
I loved what I saw of Virginia. I was in Richmond for Best Friends Day, which was the best weekend of my life. Were you there at all?

yes i was!!!! i didnt go for the waterpark day but i went to the bike lot to see this bike is a pipe bomb and i went to alley kats for that show sadly i dont remember if i saw municipal waste i knew they were there but was very wasted. thats why i dont get as trashed at shows anymore lol.

thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey beez. Welcome to the site!
I was also born and raised around the area of Fredericksburg!
I graduated from King Goerge High School.

I was back in Fredericksburg for about 5 days visiting family and friends around Easter weekend and then I headed back out for the road. I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada now.

Anyhow, just wanted to shout to a local from my home town and wish you the best of luck to you and for for your future travels!

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yes i was!!!! i didnt go for the waterpark day but i went to the bike lot to see this bike is a pipe bomb and i went to alley kats for that show sadly i dont remember if i saw municipal waste i knew they were there but was very wasted. thats why i dont get as trashed at shows anymore lol.

thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

The water park was lots of fun! I didn't see any of the bands; too busy drinking and seeing if I could swim (I can, sort of ... but not really).

Haha. The Waste were incredible.

Overall, just an incredible weekend. Planning on going again this year?

ray beez

Reaction score
most def!!!! all i remember from waste was me almost falling over the balcony yelling for them to play then everyone was trying to talk to me and was yelling at me cause i was yelling....bummer but they come to rva alot its their home place so i've seen them two other times before.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Haha. One of my favorite moments was seeing some guy climb over the railing on the balcony, decide against it, and climb back over in shame.

I'll definitely be down there. I'll be staying with some people (hopefully the same crew as last year) in the parking lot under the train bridges near the footbridge to Belle Isle, if that means anything to you. I had a lot of fun exploring that island late at night!

I'm in a good mood just thinking about how awesome it was, haha.

ray beez

Reaction score
Hey beez. Welcome to the site!
I was also born and raised around the area of Fredericksburg!
I graduated from King Goerge High School.

I was back in Fredericksburg for about 5 days visiting family and friends around Easter weekend and then I headed back out for the road. I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada now.

Anyhow, just wanted to shout to a local from my home town and wish you the best of luck to you and for for your future travels!

wow awesome!!!! yeah i grew up on the edge of fredericksburg, more near the mountains i graduated from orange county high school. so way out in nowhere, what a small world

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
Travelling alone as a girl is one of the most liberating things you can do. you always meet up with kids on the ways and pair up then separate. But in the end, you feel independent. Its pretty rad.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads