headin' out to the Puget sound area soon. tips? (1 Viewer)

best punk band?

• Total voters

black

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Homebase
Augusta, GA
possibly Oly, possibly a few other places. me and my queen @syrinyx really wanna be in like Aberdeen, Forks, or La Push. shes been through there and says its the place to be. might concede to Olympia though because resources. any tips on good places to hide out in the woods in/ right out of Olympia? everywhere else ive mentioned as well. any other info would be rad too like good places to scavenge, etc. we are new so -shrug- thanks in advance.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

syrinyx

Rambler
Reaction score
Homebase
Augusta, GA
any particular reason why youd actually want to goto aberdeen?
HA. I get that it's a conservative blue collar town, but places like that kinda feel like home to us. Obviously without a traditional "home" it'll probably have to be a place to pass through for the sights and move on. I just happen to be fond of the place and the ports, really. Also that sick statue of the logger.

syrinyx

Rambler
Reaction score
Homebase
Augusta, GA
I hear Port Angeles and Sequim are noce towns to hang out in. Ill be there next summer.
I REALLY want to see Port Angeles. Got into community college there actually. Something about the remoteness coupled with the scenery are really appealing to me. I made it all the way out to Forks but haven't rounded the north edge of the peninsula.

rambleON

Reaction score
Homebase
Hoodsport WA
There's a lot of homebums camping out on the railroad tracks areas south of oly toward tumwater - pretty safe as those areas are kinda too hard for the average fat police officer to bother with and if they can't drive their squad car there they don't want to go there. Oly I' has the best food bank ever for good shit. Aberdeen? Yuk - nothing there but depressed unemployed people and kinda sad. Go to the rich area of oly where people have a conscious and guilt when they see a homeless person. You will always have food there.

Babylonian Zig

Rambler
Reaction score
Homebase
Zion National Park
possibly Oly, possibly a few other places. me and my queen @syrinyx really wanna be in like Aberdeen, Forks, or La Push. shes been through there and says its the place to be. might concede to Olympia though because resources. any tips on good places to hide out in the woods in/ right out of Olympia? everywhere else ive mentioned as well. any other info would be rad too like good places to scavenge, etc. we are new so -shrug- thanks in advance.
Did you ever make it out here?

rambleON

Reaction score
Homebase
Hoodsport WA
You live life once. If there is a place you want to go, a person you want to meet, or a purpose you want to fulfill -- DO IT NOW.

After what seemed to be a long harsh Winter here in the Pacific NW this Summer weather is especially sweet and the Olympic Peninsula is thriving with life and things to do.

Let your pathways satisfy wanderlust.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.