Headed to the Pacific Northwest | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

CaptainCassius

Reaction score
Huh. Either Ewtweeka has changed a lot, or we were in different parts of town. DO NOT stay in Eureka. Go any distance north or South, eat at the soup kitchen, hit up the Army Navy store, but DON'T try to stay the night there.

Hella tweaker homebums, VERY sketchy drug related shit up there.

I'm not going to recommend anywhere in particular because:

A: Humbolt is so blown up it is ridulous.

And

B: There are SO many other threads on this website about NorCal that you can find with the "Search" feature.

I mean.. No it's pretty sketchy I guess but it's all perspective. Would I stay there for a month? Probably not. A couple of days? Sure not really worried about it.

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
If you aren't familiar with living outdoors in a very wet/cold environment I would recommend waiting several months before coming up. It's gonna be miserable right now. Spending all day huddled inside a library to keep warm/dry gets kind of old after a couple days.

If you find yourself in Seattle, I know in the U-district the churches do a free feed called Teen Feed every night. It's been over a decade since I was homeless there but they used to serve amazing meals. Not sure if any of the youth-shelters are still going but there used to be at least a few good ones. There's the Orion youth center on Yale Ave, but they'll probably ask for ID. good luck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads