Got a ticket for sitting on the sidewalk | Squat the Planet

Got a ticket for sitting on the sidewalk

db3kfan

Reaction score
in Arcata, CA. Really don't want to pay this because it's fucking ridiculous. If I don't pay, will a warrant be issued? Like, if I'm in Colorado or some shit, would they haul my ass back to the north coast for a lock up?

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Hey, I got me one of those! But that was in Louisianna.

They'll issue a warrant if you don't pay/show up to court, db3kfan, but its non-extraditable. so if you can get out of the state, yer golden.

Franny

Reaction score
Ditto what Dirty Rig said. I got one of these sitting outside a taco bell drinking a soda I PAID FOR THERE. I feel a bit of your rage I think.

edit: Charlottesville, VA for the record.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
the statute of limitation in new orleans is 7 years. i am perfectly happy not going back there for even longer than that ;)

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Ha Ocean Side Ca went to jail/ass kicked for sitting on the side walk and got out 20 minutes before my ride left for dude fest....

freepizzaforlife

Reaction score
I got the same thing in santa cruz earlier this summer, sent them a letter, somehow got out of the warrent, told them I was a traveler and didnt have money to pay it. its up to 300 dollars now or something rediculious.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
Why don't you go to court and ask the judge if that's what passes for justice these days, ask the cop (if he shows - if he doesn't: case dismissed) if that's why he joined the force, to write loitering tickets to kids taking a brief rest.
You got somewhere else to be? Wouldn't it feel great to win against the cop in a court?

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Although I admire your enthusiasm, I don't think anyone has won in court for throwing a "there's no more justice anymore!" tantrum :-/

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads