General Hawaii Information

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
This thread is for the discussion of general information about Hawaii. Anything about a specific place in Hawaii should go in it's own thread. All information about getting to and from Hawaii should go here.

Last edited:

mikey mayhem

Reaction score
so i spent last winter in hawaii...it was fucking awesome between squatting in multi million dollar houses and sleeping on the beaches...it was the good life. but it was also a little lonely so i just want to see if anyone else has any plans to go to hawaii for the winter, maybe we could meet up.

matteo77766

Reaction score
dude that sounds fucking amazing! Howd you get down there etc? Also, im in chicago and preparing to leave in like a week and a half and would love to meet up and talk or whatever

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hawaii is the shit, I lived there for three years... Stationed... One my vacations, I would just bum it down town for a few days, hit up my peoples at the collage for a floor to sleep, maybe a shower. But the beaches got showers, and spanging is good money downtown.

mikey mayhem

Reaction score
i will be on maui in november and plan on satying on maui for a couple weeks before island hopping to Kauai and the big i.....you should come run a muck with us!

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Well, shit i ain't got nothin better ta do. be in cali soon. thinkin on slab city.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
well i'm on the big island but am goin to oahu this monday...

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Man, you got me thinking of going to hawaii for the winter instead of kickin it in, cali, I still got some mad peeps in hawaii that could hook me up. How you getting there mikey?

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
theres a misfits concert in honolulu on new years eve

Vitamina Y

Reaction score
hey folks..
i'm here in kihei.. nice posts about the islands.. i just got here a few months ago.. renting unfortunately.. long story...
but are there any folks here in maui looking to squat? or perhaps take over a beach every now and then at least?
there was talk of an 808 crew!! letz do it!
:crew:

hotsauce

Reaction score
We've been on Maui for about 2 mo. and lovin it....WOOFin on a lettuce farm in Haiku. Off 2 Hana after this once our tent space opens up but for now we're always here or in Pa'ia at the bay or Baldwin

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Whoa, that's awesome manda, how did you get that job? I'm trying to help a friend of mine get down there for the winter, does anyone have any tips for getting down there for cheap and living for free or cheap there? Also any tips on jobs would be good too, she's looking to make money there too so that she can get a ticket back home when her visa runs out...

BanMatt

Reaction score
Thats great for you!

I've looked around a little on WOOF and It seems to cost money to sign up that i do not have at the moment. any advice or tips you can give me about the org. or site would be appreciated though.

BanMatt

Reaction score
edit button again

I forgot to ask the OP
How is squatting in hawaii? Im considering it for this winter however I do not plan on having a lot of money (if any). I somehow feel this would be a bad idea. I know a few people who have done it and I recall some of them saying they would get harassed or attacked because they were squatters or whatever.

Kalalau

Reaction score
yeah squatting is pretty much not gonna happen for you on Oahu... maybe on another island but it's doubtful.. on the Big I and Kauai there's a lot of aloha, so you'll probably have better luck with someone letting you crash on the lanai. But it is an island, the weather is awesome and depending where on the island you are it's not rainy, and in some places the cops are really really chill. I heard some churches will pay for your ticket to Hawaii if you say you're homeless and you have family there... and vice versa. I heard salvation army will pay for your ticket off the island, and so will the catholic church... I'm not sure where to go for a free ticket there.. but I bet there's quite a few churches that would hook it up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads