Free Wild Edibles Field Guide!

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
advertising is not always in an attempt to sell. Spamming is a type of advertising, and in this case, more specifically, off-site advertising.
Posting links on every relevant thread to off site material, is pretty much definitive spamming.
As I said, I really like (some of) the things you are advertising, and they seem to be harmless, and with good intent.
I do however, agree with the decision to limit all of these links to a single thread.
My opinion.
Thanks for the free advice though-
I never would have thought that a space bag could be used for water.

Cade

Reaction score
All I wanted to ever do in life was to look at some at a zine for edibles!! Now what am I going to do? No!!!!!!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the link! very nice start........and like junkyard said, where to look for them/preferred habitats.....but also maybe pictures for different stages in different seasons - sometimes roots are better for harvesting in certain seasons than say leaves or buds and also plants will look different thruout the year as they grow. Also, explain how best to cook different parts of the plant... i.e. some parts are best roasted/cooked, while others may be eaten raw in moderation. and still, whilst nutritional value is noteworthy, medicinal constituents are perhaps of upmost importance, IMO. should society collapse, it will be more useful to know which plants can clot a wound quickest, or which teas to make to help cure a bad fever, etc, than how many calories or grams of protein you are consumin...lol.... i could go on.. are you makin color photo copies, or just b&w ink to pass out?

123homefree

Reaction score
Website
Www.YouTube.com
this is really more of a survival guide, and these plants are the most abundant that grow coast to coast in their respective habitats that i have tried to capture as best as possible (eg; the sidewalk behind the day lily, the water behind plants, etc.) I included my hand in each photo so i wouldn't need to write the size range.
when in a survival situation, you can't always read or think as clearly...so this is simplified to the max for that occasion. i tend to think that if i eat better nutritionally then i wont need medicinals as much. the protein/carb info is Very important because that's the amount of energy it has...? i also included the potassium contents because they are neseccary, as well as the levels of vitamin c and a.
there is a medicinal one, it will be done next week or so?..

P

Pheonix

instead of flooding the threads with links to off-site pages. why don't you become part of the community here and write your info out in these threads.

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Just had a look at this guide.
It's pretty good with clear pictures.
If your gonna print it off , try to do so
in color for better i.d.
Most of the plants are basic/general,
so this is really good for a total beginner.:worship:

Linda/Ziggy

123homefree

Reaction score
Website
Www.YouTube.com
instead of flooding the threads with links to off-site pages. why don't you become part of the community here and write your info out in these threads.

I wish I could load pictures and video withthis directly onto the site, but it isn't capable so I share the links, whatevs..I don't know "Internet forums" but I'm learnin..

foak

Reaction score
lambs quaters is awsome! it grows everywhere. you can eat it raw, its also called wild spinach. it grows in cracks in pavement, abandoned lots(concrete, gasoline, and other chemicals under concrete in the soil is not my favourite to eat), and everywere in the forest, look for feilds with not a lot of over growth. it is kind of bitter, boil once gets ride of bitterness, if needed boil more times (throw out water or keep for something else, change water) gets ride of bitterness.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads