Favorite hitching sign

thenomad

Reaction score
I haven't had much luck with signs... I get picked up a lot if I'm walking, then when I hear a car approaching, I turn around, smile, and give them the ol' thumb.

eataapple

Reaction score
when i was in Reno the ramp i was at was near a strip club so i flew a sign that said" i won't tell your wife if you pick me up please" and it was great got some great laughs and a ride out of it. then if i am in a Stoner area i use" magic cigs for a ride please?" and that tends to work for me pretty well but for the most part i stick to " anywhere but here" or the direction i want to head.

ayron

Reaction score
ive got a few..

"mars"

"off to never land"

"you know you want to"

but my all time favorite is to have a nice big sign with nothing on it, everyone does a double take in confusion

• Haha
Reactions: NamelessExistence
Reaction score
I Figure the straight up destination works fairly well

If it's an interstate i'm trying to get to from a more inland route (ex ) 441 Okkeechobe FL to I95

Write I and then a big ass 95 underneath it

I've tried catchy phrases before and they're just too long for people to read clearly

I'm thinking i need a bigger marker next time as well

---I lost my sign once flying it along a rainy road and a very nice business man who was just opening shop supplied me with a marker and cardboard

Sweet deal when people bring out their heartsd

Murf

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ive gotten rides with
"Too skinny to rape"
"I have hella weed"
"PA or..well anything really"
and twice with just the thumb.

"I've got hella weed" works the best by far , just make sure you got some bud.

Reactions: barefootinbabylon
Reaction score
Hmm, I've always gone with the name of the next biggest city or the next state. Sometimes I just fly the name of the highway I'm on, though that tends to be pretty slow. My favorite is and will always be 'NIRVANA' - you find some of the most interesting people that way :)

Reactions: lex18

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
"mama said there'd be days like this" has always been a good one. i like the funnier, more clever one's though. they seem to work better for me.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
WWJD never worked for me. Neither did Alaska/Japan/Tokyo. The only things that people admitted caught their attention was a smile face, and "Anywhere but here."

Cade

Reaction score
I've thought it would be funny to fly a sign that read, "Want 2 Fuck?" Even though that might attract the wrong type of crowd you were looking for, but a bus load of single, college aged women/men may stop.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads