Favorite hitching sign (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I've hitched probably over 20k mi. I made a sign once, flew it once.
I was pretty much a minimalist. I never felt the need to fly a sign,
but I'd probably give it a shot if I were hitching now.

"testing for human kindness" with a big ass smiley face. This sign has always worked for me.
^I'd fly something like that.

I sometimes fly "good conversationalist" or In more illiterate states "I'm a fun guy" I heard from a friend of mine he was trying to hitch outta texas on the fourth of July and he was having no luck so he bought a pack of Budweiser and held it up in one hand while thumbing with the other. First car picked him up. How patriotic haha

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
this guy in sioux falls told me he used to get rides all over the place carrying a gas jug in his hand, which he'd fashioned smartly into a lunchbox and would take out an apple or sandwhich once he'd gotten in the car, just to rub it in.

depending on visibility from the place I am standing I might sometimes write out a big fat NORTH or SOUTH etc, but normally just throw out a thumb with a big stupid grin on my face.

[QUOstupid verin, post: 203749, member: 6082"]this guy in sioux falls told me he used to get rides all over the place carrying a gas ju his hand, which he'd fashioned smartly into a lunchbox and would take out an apple or sandwhich once he'd gotten in the car, just to rub it in.

depending on visibility from the place I am standing I might sometimes write out a big fat NORTH or SOUTH etc, but normally just throw out a thumb with a big stupid grin on my face.[/QUOTE]
Big stupid grin is tried and true. Whenever I see a gas can on the side of the road I'll pick it up and walk with it while I hitch.people seem more likely to pick you up when they think you have a car which is fucked

David F

Eh, I'd have to be pretty desperate for a ride and/or interested in receiving something else if I wore a short skirt on the side of some road in Bumblefuck US of A. As a tactic for getting picked up, I'm sure it works. As a tactic for not becoming later raped, well, it all depends really.
WOW

pewpew

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I usually just put the boring 'Hedin West" or whatever the direction will be...usually works but most of the time I can walk with my dog down the highway and that always seems to get me rides, I think because people assume you're less likely a serial killer with a cute healthy looking pooch.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
on a plateau between the mountains and the plains
I always write home really big so that people will assume im not homeless. And I also write the direction and the city because sometimes people who are on the road for the long haul, especially now with GPS and people might not have looked at an actual map, they might not realize what they are passing.
this is the funniest thing I've read in a while

CloudyESTL

Pilgrim
These are signs for hitching or spangn ..or both.....I got a few

The classic
-family kidnaped by ninjas..plz help...

The dumbest.
Not broke or hungry... Just trying to buy racecar Parts..

...really ..Honest..
Trap got radied ..need to pay back the plug anything helps. ..bls

And IV seen this one get actual fifty dollars bill sumtime if no 20s ...gotta have a really ugly.. dirty..like grimy crustfuck hold it ...

Punch ur stepmom for 1$
Kiss her for 50$ ...

For some reason those redhh

CloudyESTL

Pilgrim
Super model in between jobs...anything helps

Praise baby Jesus , Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Donald J Trump..
Thank u grate America anything helps
Make my stomach full again

Those all work with the Trump supporters..who are typically fucking loaded with cash so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
CowboyDan9494