everything sux | Squat the Planet

skuzzlebutt

Reaction score
hey guys! lame story time... ive been physically and mentally abused all of my life. my pops, all my mates, it's fucked, im fucked. im done with this life, and i need something more fulfilling. i did the homeless thing on and off for about 2 yrs when i was a teenager. always stayed in philly. realizing now at the age of 30 that i should've left a long time ago. i gotta scratch this itch, i gotta get out, i gotta fucking try it. it's not failing that scares me, it's a fear of not living. im in philly, gunna leave in about a month, gathering up all the info i can. looking to meet someone to help me with my 1st time. maybe meet up before hand, in philly, chill at a show, see if we mesh. FRIENDS. i need FRIENDS. i can't fucking stress that enough man... FRIENDS. lol. so, i play the drums when there's a set around, im not that great but i can hold a beat, and i suck at washboard and guitar. thinking i might bring my washboard out, id love to play music with someone... if anything i can at least wash my clothes, haha. yeah, i go to shows often, and i drink and smoke often. tips, tricks, philly freaks, hmu!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I lived in West Philly back in the day, I would guess that it's still a decent place to meet other travelers.

Let people know where you're trying to go in the road dogs section and I'm sure you'll find some good folks to travel with.

Reactions: skuzzlebutt

skuzzlebutt

Reaction score
i dunno man, south? anywhere but here. definitely not ny. the other way. haha. i got some time to figure that part out, right now just looking to meet people, find a buddy. any suggestions of where i could go from philly, stuff to do, things to see, all that would be greatly appreciated.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Slab City would be a good place to visit I think. I also think you might find some of what you're looking for there.
Slab City will be too hot by the time she gets on the road. It's already getting too hot. Slabs is a great place, but generally in the cold months. Also, if you're not prepared you could potentially die. Or at the very least go hungry.

Reactions: skuzzlebutt

skuzzlebutt

Reaction score
Slab City will be too hot by the time she gets on the road. It's already getting too hot. Slabs is a great place, but generally in the cold months. Also, if you're not prepared you could potentially die. Or at the very least go hungry.

if i do go across the country, ill be taking my sweet ass time, ill make sure to hit up those hot states in the cold months. thnx for the tip shwhiskey :)

Reactions: Shwhiskey Gumimaci

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Get out there!
I'm sure you will feel fulfilled in ways you've been deprived. Being on the move really helps me not wither in my mental health. One of the main reasons I hit the road.
It's too easy to feel as though you're rotting inside of four walls in a stagnant place, especially when trying to combat depression.
There's good folks everywhere, and beautiful land. I'd love to try and play some jamz wit yeuh.
Tryin' to get a washboard myself.

Keep your chin up.
Glad you've made the decision to hit the road!!
Definitely try headin' west~

skuzzlebutt

Reaction score
Get out there!
I'm sure you will feel fulfilled in ways you've been deprived. Being on the move really helps me not wither in my mental health. One of the main reasons I hit the road.
It's too easy to feel as though you're rotting inside of four walls in a stagnant place, especially when trying to combat depression.
There's good folks everywhere, and beautiful land. I'd love to try and play some jamz wit yeuh.
Tryin' to get a washboard myself.

Keep your chin up.
Glad you've made the decision to hit the road!!
Definitely try headin' west~
it's like you read my mind dooder. haha. seriously. yes. yes to all of that. <3

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads