Eugene StP movie/beer/hangout night! Late January

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Towards the end of January there's going to be a night of train movies and beer and hanging out in Eugene! It's going to be at my place of residence and a lot of the details will be worked out in the first week of January when my housemates get back so I can run everything by them. However, it's looking like a few movies, a few friends, and some hanging out time. If you're in the area or want to make the trek it should be a good time - I can't for sure offer a place to stay until I run it by the house but that may be an option for people coming from out of town.

So.. I'll post details as I get them but I'm mainly posting this to ask ya'll to reply to the thread or PM if you're interested in coming - wohoo!

Lint

Reaction score
If Rail Kings is being shown, fucking forget it. That movie makes me punchy.

Now, Rail Kings part III, "Curse of the Hobosexual"...that was a good movie.

D

dirty_feet

Widerstand said:
Macks any new details yet?

The list of people coming so far are:
Widerstand
ArrowInOre
dirty_feet (watch out for her she is crazy!)
macks

DAMMIT WIDER!!! Why you always gotta call me out? These fools don't deserve a warning of any kind. JEEZ!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Looks like January 30th or 31st are good dates. Anyone have strong feelings on Fri vs. Sat? If not I'll probably just pick one of those at random because it doesn't matter much to me. Seems like we could start the movie like 6-8 ish or so.

Sad news though, since I left the house projector broke.. anyone have access to one? If not we could rent a room at the university, feelings on that? People can totally crash here as long as it's not over 8-10 people and ya'll are respectful, not junkies, etc..

Anyway - I'll work on trying to get a projector but if anyone has one let me know ASAP! Thanks

Oh, and add 1 to the list, ran into a friend who might come, I think dirty_feet and Wider know her too. Also, I have a bunch of roomies who would be around and probably watching the movie, having some beers, hanging out, etc.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
We have a whirly-pop and popcorn! Also, we don't have a working microwave, haha

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Saturday January 31st, 6:00pm until whenever. 1708 Alder street (The Lorax).

Everyone that's on StP is welcome, just make sure you're respectful to my house and housemates and its all good! If you're traveling with a bunch of drunk ass gutterpunx or something it might be another issue but use your own judgement ya know. The house is cool with people crashing here the night of the get toghether so if you need a couch and a roof you got it for the night!

The projector here is a no-go and we don't have a T.V., but the show must go on so we'll find another option. We may be able to finaggle a projector so we can watch it huge or nail down another location for a non-projected version but this should be worked out in the next week..

Either way we'll all meet here and hang out, either hang here and watch the movie or go to secondary movie watching location, then come back here and chill out some more! PM me if you need my phone number for directions, questions, etc..

Wider, it's another person of the opposite gender with the same name as me, used to be roomies with mattpist in Eugene! haha

D

dirty_feet

ahhh...and that would be user circle_b! Ya'll missed it - she was a space cowgirl for Halloween - pretty awesome costume. Good egg indeed.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Is your TV decent sized? That might work, as the projector leads are looking pretty slim.

Yeah the date is Saturday the 31st of January, with people showing up around 6:00pm.

Bring instruments, beer, food if you want, stuff to trade if you want, stories, jokes, etc..

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
cool beanz Arrow. parking & sleeping in the area is fine.

we're buying a new projector soon! hopefully it'll be here by the 31st. Arrow, I'll call you closer to the date and let you know the deal with that. thanks for offering to let us use the TV!

Wider is the movie DVD? we can set up stuff pretty easily, I'll probably try to get it all set up earlier that day.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
What about the folks from Roseville? And what's dirty_feet got to do eh? Lame. Also, there's some cool kids that hitch around and a few that have hopped trains that I'm pretty sure are coming.. I think if it's only 3 or 4 StP people there'll still be cool kids to kick it with.

But I mean, you've got the movies, so if you don't come it'll be just drinking beer and talking about trains/hitching which I'm totally cool with. I would say if you weren't going to come it might be worth doing it another time or something, but I think we could still have a good time with it.

D

dirty_feet

I have to work and so I wasn't planning on stopping by until late, like midnightish. Come on guys - you know I've got my corners to work - it gets pretty territorial here in Eugene you know - I gotta establish my dominance before the spring and summer get here for when the real dirty kids without jobs show up and try to take over my game. AHAHAah....it's just bad timing for me - I have to work that weekend so you're all left to your own devices, you'll just have to find someone else to bounce your egos off of for the night, I know, I know, I'm particularly fun and easy due to my eagerness to fit in and lack of punk points because of my heavy affinity for Justin Timberlake and U of O Duck games. AHAHAH a- I wouldn't cancel it all together - go ahead and still have it! Have some follow through and fuck around on our absent behalf. WHatever happened to staying up late anyway? Wider is an old man poo poo that goes to bed at like 9 o clock. I still planned on coming just not....until...after work....which would like...yeah....midnightish.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Well shit that means you can bring us some leftovers!!

Bring McDougall down here and get him to play us some tunes! We could have a little house show after the movie showing!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
The TV thing is pending, there's a new projector being ordered sometime this week, the question is will it be up and running by in a week and a half from now.. I should know by mid next week and I'll send you a PM or something and let ya know. If we end up needing your TV we'll get a DVD player all figured out ahead of time.

Ananah Miss

Reaction score
If someone is riding down from Portal Land, or if anyone wants to bike down together, I'm in...somewhere to crash would be nice, otherwise I'll just snuggle up inna cemetery which is just fine n dandy too

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads