dumb traveler names | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

dumb traveler names

starkley

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Sunflower,spoons,rainbow moon,twiggy,stoney,any animal name(badger,bear,goose,fox) people who try to have an indian sounding name (tawasi,red feather) peaches,piney,fin,any names after gemstones (jasper,amythest,opal)

IDoRails69

Reaction score
I don't really care so much whether kids have traveler names. It's fine, mostly, I think. For me at least. What I don't like is any sort of view that one HAS to have some silly name to be taken seriously. I tag as Pilgrim Aflame these days, but will never introduce myself as that. I don't have any walls to put up. I am Quincy.
How do you get a tag???

IDoRails69

Reaction score
i met a chick named moon unit:) and a couple other moon based names:
moon stone
moon child
black moon
and moon song...

no joke....old hippies have some crazy names.

on another note...ive yet to meet another Nym
ive had this stupid nickname since junior high...
ive also been called
mims, nimicools, nymcicle, nims and
n.y.m. (not yours, mine!)
DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! I doubt your name has anything to do with this movie, but it totally reminded me of this sick ass cartoon that I seen when I was a tot! It's called Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland and yo.. that shit is WIIICKED!! What made a connection to this thread on this forum is that in the movie he gets a ride on a train from the conductor who's like.. King of Slumberland and I used to love this movie. It was So good too cus it got all dark and twisty and got you all worried and shit. But anyway. Just HAD to share that. Also cus your avatar is anime :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526-131857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-131857_Chrome.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 285

IDoRails69

Reaction score
Met a guy in Grand Junction with long dirty dreads who rode a longboard and wore a dress called Princess. One of the coolest mofos I ever met. Introduced me to his crew and we drank beer and spanged on main St til the cops kicked us off for being "unruly." These peeps were so good at the spanged they had everybody laughing. Just not the cops. Lol my favorite spange they used was (guy walking and eating ice cream) "Can you spare a scoop for a solid poop sir? I haven't had a solid poop in days!" Lmao they were wild. I don't remember any of the other names except for Breakfast. They were some originals for sure. I think one dude's name was Alex...

Reactions: Barf and roughdraft
Reaction score
i met a chick named moon unit:) and a couple other moon based names:
moon stone
moon child
black moon
and moon song...

no joke....old hippies have some crazy names.

on another note...ive yet to meet another Nym
ive had this stupid nickname since junior high...
ive also been called
mims, nimicools, nymcicle, nims and
n.y.m. (not yours, mine!)
There was this one kid with a moon tattooed on one side of his face we called moon baby and he comes back with an anchor tatted on the other side so we all started calling him “sailor moon”

Groundscore

Reaction score
For whatever reason I always seem to find a lot of lost stuff, and am constantly picking things up from the ground that are of value (coins, cash, jewelry, tools, etc.) When I found $200 in cash on the ground, right after finding $40 in cash on the ground, some friends started calling me "Ground Score" and it just sort of stuck.

Cheese

Reaction score
Not dumb just some of the names I'm close with:
I call my friend Jerm
Bob with an R
Talisen (my nephew's real bc name)
Helios (my nephew's real bc name. God damn fucking hippies)
Grackle
Sticks
Leafy (my brother)
Sketch (least sketchy dude possible)
Dingo (my long lost love)

For probably 3 years, long before my wandering, I had this girl who called me handspaghetti.

(The van's name is Cheese)

Last edited:

Oddman

Reaction score
Always wished a nickname would stick for me. Maybe someday yet. I sorta-kinda made up a nickname for myself but it felt weird asking people to call me that, and it never went far. Funny enough, the one person who uses it for me is a guy called Stick. He apparently has a friend called Donut.

My partner met a kid named LSD Face. He had "LSD" tattooed on his face. Face tats: good way to make your nickname easy to remember (see: Horseshit). Someone told me about a friend of theirs named Birdhead.

Seems like a lot of old-time hoboes were Something-or-other Blackie. I found an old tag from Iowa Blackie once and actually managed to find him online and send him a postcard. He was white. Anyone know why so many white hoboes were called Blackie?

Edit just to mention: my screenname is an idea for a screenname that amused me over 10 years ago. No one's ever called me that in real life.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads