Website
www.youtube.com
Are those lead acid or gel cel? Nice.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
holy shit man..
i haven't even *watched* this fucking video, but the concept itself already rates as close to a tie with # 1 as i can think..

i carry a spare marine & typically a spare auto.. my marine had an issue with ground fault, & melted part of the terminal.. only lead, but still holds a charge..

this fucker gets archived!! thanks!!

creature

Banned
Reaction score
makes me wonder..
could you get a high voltage coil & do any low amp work at, say, 10Kv?

creature

Banned
Reaction score
this would probably be good for waterpump housings, possible radiator repairs, transmission lines, & maybe some mounting applications..

i doubt the technique would service high stress/large area requirements (struts, hinges, cracked blocks, etc.), but man..
i am going to look at this stuff in depth..

Thanks again!!

Great find, O One of Ancient Horns...

Durp

Reaction score
So it tried this, and its ok for some stuff, the batteries I found were pretty shitty but it can be useful in a pinch. Idk how much I would trust these welds but if you break a spring mount or something of the like I think this would get you back to a real welder for a proper repair. Thanks.

• Useful
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

huckfinnegain

Reaction score
remarkable to know that one can simply metamorphose their solar/steam/wind/etc -powered battery bank into a welding apparatus in an 'off-grid' living situation. And heck, the welds in the video look cleaner than the ones generally produced by my 120V flux-core welder.
Utilizing this can help one build a 'bike generator' to recharge said batteries and on and on . . . ( my attempt at sharing the web link to that article/video was futile since this is my first post and it was considered spam to enclose a link, but for any interested, google search : "when disaster strikes bike generator will give me power". Interesting fella)
such a useful find after a day of metal working - cheers

Reactions: Odin

beastcoast

Reaction score
I was fucking around in the woods near Saint Johnsberry vt and came across a compound that had a battery bank powered welder. The compound was constructed out if giant heating oil tanks dug into hills or free standing with doors cut in them. I spent some time admiring their junk creations and battery welder, then booked before the owners showed up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads