Burdock Gathering Maine Aug 24-31

AmandaLynn

Reaction score
Burdock Gathering

Primative skills gathering in Maine next month. 5 dollar donation a day but no one turned away for lack of funds. Skillshares, workshops, campfires, swimming, music, art and free food. Camping good people and discussions. Always a blast!

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
A friend of mine attended this a few years ago and had a pretty mixed review of it. He claimed that the skill sharing was awesome, but that the attendees where mostly 40-something M. Rupert freaks who were rather hostile to any viewpoint that wasn't aggressively peak-oil or anti-civ. Also he apparently was rather frowned upon for not being able to pay the daily fee, which at the time I believe was well over $5. Not trying to deter anyone from attending though. From what I've been hearing from a few kids from its changed a bit since 07'.

I'm also drunk and realizing I may be talking about a totally different gathering, but I'm pretty sure its the same one.

AmandaLynn

Reaction score
hmmmm well that's interesting. I've never been but I'll be sure to report back after the gathering. I just checked out the website again because all the skillshares are posted now. It seems like there's a wide variety of workshops including quite a few I don't think the 40 somethings would be all that into. I'm hoping for the best, and I'll find out next week.

hassysmacker

Reaction score
what exactly is a primitive skills gathering?

so, i'm not someone on here whose usually an asshole, but, c'mon, what the fuck do you think goes on at a primitive skills gathering? what do you think they practice and learn about, and all happen to be interested in?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads